• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Budget Sunshade

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow those reviews suck from Amazon. Shipping to Home Depot will arrive this Friday so I will let everyone know about the fit and finish. šŸ¤žšŸ»
Sweet let me know, mine doesn't arrive till next Wednesday.

Eric&Miyako

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I bought the OceanSouth Sunshade and the Bow Cover. I can tell you they are well made and if anything breaks the world may be ending. The poles are actually SUPER HEAVY and the straps, sewing and materials are amazing. I hope I enjoy them because I'm sure they'll outlive me and my boat.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought the OceanSouth Sunshade and the Bow Cover. I can tell you they are well made and if anything breaks the world may be ending. The poles are actually SUPER HEAVY and the straps, sewing and materials are amazing. I hope I enjoy them because I'm sure they'll outlive me and my boat.
You mention Sunshade yet I cannot find that on their site. is it one of the T-Top Extenders? Do you have a link to the specific product at OceanSouth?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any photos?

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_9674.png
IMG_9675.png

Thinking about the 7 footer. Too long????

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would love to see actual photo's on one of our Yamaha's with how it attaches to the existing Bimini/Tower and how it stays spread in back without a horizontal bar.

Eric&Miyako

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I may be using it this weekend and if I do I will take some pics. Basically it is just connected to the tower with straps and I had to move them a couple times just to find the right spot but they literally just wrap around the tower bars. It rained the night I tested it and it didn't puddle or anything. All depends on the runoff angle.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This one is a new product from them. For those of us with T tops itā€™s a possible choice.

I bought one of these a while back, and while it is a universal it does the job nicely. Iā€˜m impressed with the materials and build quality. The straps are similar to seat belt material, very smooth and flexible.

WOW that T-top extender looks good, I'd just hate to lose my flag holders!

ManannƔn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did it work out? Which exact one did you get? Do you have a picture of it on your boat? What is your overall opinion?
I have two items in my online OceanSouth cart but have to choose one before pulling the trigger. I'm trying to decide between the Bimini extension (Chris D posted 3 great pics HERE) and the T-top extension, which LOOKS like it could also easily attach to an AR190's factory bimini BUT comes in more sizes for much more shade. That Size 4 is 1 foot longer than the Bimini extension and 3 feet wider at the back of the boat. I'd love to hear/see others' set-up, but I'm leaning that way and will purchase one soon. (and will post pics asap)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is kind of where I am. I think they will work out, but I was hoping for more info for an exact definitive choice on which one(s) to pull the trigger on. Would really like to do a front one and a back one.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok im on the boat now with the home depot shade. Whoever ordered one send it back now. The Poles were not broken but the shade itself is not 5x6, more like a 4x5 and the underside is flaking off! The top is like a nice canvas material but the bottom is garbage. I love the concept and will be ordering a different version.

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok now I want to see the oceansouth one. I converted the back cup holders to the cup/rod holders so I'm ready to go. I want to see size 5 or 6 on a wake tower boat. I was thinking 6' across the rear bimini shade and extending out 7 or 8 feet but the largest they had was 5' across. Would love to see the setup.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok im on the boat now with the home depot shade. Whoever ordered one send it back now. The Poles were not broken but the shade itself is not 5x6, more like a 4x5 and the underside is flaking off! The top is like a nice canvas material but the bottom is garbage. I love the concept and will be ordering a different version.
Sucks, I was hoping for better, mine will come in Wednesday and I will take it back.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately nothing cheap is good, and nothing good is cheap. Thanks for posting and letting everyone know how the quality is.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine came in and is at home depot. I guess I will just return it when I go up there.

Going to try the OceanSouth one. Just trying to figure what size to get for my boat. Any final thoughts?

Possum

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same experience here. The entire bottom rubber coating is cracked and peeling off. I returned mine before I even used it.

Sucks because it looked nice other than that

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at the pictures on T-Top & Boat Top Extensions | Oceansouth website, it indicates that you put the back two poles in rod holders. On my AR210 I don't have those. So has anyone with a non FSH boat used these and can explain what they did with the back poles? Pictures would be fantastic. I am going to go out and get measurements as well to take a shot the dimensions, unless someone has one on a 21' footer for input on size.

Now I don't mind adding a couple of rod holders in the boat as well if needed.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking at the pictures on T-Top & Boat Top Extensions | Oceansouth website, it indicates that you put the back two poles in rod holders. On my AR210 I don't have those. So has anyone with a non FSH boat used these and can explain what they did with the back poles? Pictures would be fantastic. I am going to go out and get measurements as well to take a shot the dimensions, unless someone has one on a 21' footer for input on size.

Now I don't mind adding a couple of rod holders in the boat as well if needed.

Cut a couple of holes, you can always use more rod holders.šŸŸ Fit the boat to your needs.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cut a couple of holes, you can always use more rod holders.šŸŸ Fit the boat to your needs.
True, I don't mind cutting holes the boat :)

Just wanted to see how others have done it.