• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Busy Couple of Weeks - Eight Projects Completed

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great!!!

Tach problem was your YDS cable plugged in.....??

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For comparison purposes:

Murky water picture from earlier in the year after installation:

Recent picture in clear water:
View attachment 40047
The light looks great! To do this project, you buy the light, run the wire to 12 volt power supply, add a switch, and that is it?

Also, to put the plug in and take it off after your outings, what do you do? Does it just hang down by the power supply wire?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The light looks great! To do this project, you buy the light, run the wire to 12 volt power supply, add a switch, and that is it?

Also, to put the plug in and take it off after your outings, what do you do? Does it just hang down by the power supply wire?
Hey @farrelltravis sorry for the late response I was off line all weekend. The light comes with 10 or 15 feet of wire attached to it. Fish the wire through the drain and the cleanout tray compartment over to the battery area. I had a fused bus bar there that I used in conjunction with the switch I purchased and that is it. The original Diablo light came with a waterproof screw connection that allowed you to remove the light. The Vega does not and I asked the company about that. They pointed me to a different type of connector but I haven't yet added such. I will unscrew the plug to drain any water and then put it back in - the light is fairly large and heavy (compared to a drain plug) and I don't want it hanging there and swinging around while driving. I will let it hang while parked in the driveway - but ultimately it would be best to add some type of disconnect.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @farrelltravis sorry for the late response I was off line all weekend. The light comes with 10 or 15 feet of wire attached to it. Fish the wire through the drain and the cleanout tray compartment over to the battery area. I had a fused bus bar there that I used in conjunction with the switch I purchased and that is it. The original Diablo light came with a waterproof screw connection that allowed you to remove the light. The Vega does not and I asked the company about that. They pointed me to a different type of connector but I haven't yet added such. I will unscrew the plug to drain any water and then put it back in - the light is fairly large and heavy (compared to a drain plug) and I don't want it hanging there and swinging around while driving. I will let it hang while parked in the driveway - but ultimately it would be best to add some type of disconnect.
Thanks for the description. So, this particular light fits the stock drain plug receptacle it sounds.