• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral Reverse Bucket Port and Stern Rod Broken

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello,

We have a 2016 Chaparral Vortex 243. Recently, the Rod connecting the port and starboard reverse buckets broke off, with the screws shearing off in the threads. The linkage to the reverse bucket is only to the Starboard side and this rod connects the two buckets. Now since the rod broke off, the port reverse bucket is always down, thus always being in reverse when engaging thrust. Does anybody know where I can find this replacement part or what the certain part is called? I forgot to get pictures of my boat, but I took one off of the internet with the red arrow pointing to the specific part. Thanks.
Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 9.52.00 PM.png

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow, thank you so much for the quick reply. Appreciate the help Bob!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
No problem! Actually had other site open before coming to browse things here. I need to get a new oil filter bolt, as mine was slightly stripped last time I changed oil. Reply back if they don’t have what you need in stock. I think I have some other links saved for parts.

geierb387

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just reading the original post... Do you need a new rod or just remove broken screws and reinstall the current rod? Or did it completely break off once the screws broke?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually had other site open before coming to browse things here.
Other site??? What other site? LOL Its a ghost town over there. Typically have an answer here within minutes....sometimes takes days or never get a reply over there (and I know as I used to be an admin over there, and still am in the top 5 posters....not having posted there in 6 years- user name was mitchelled over there).

Lots of great forum tech here....and run by committee, so no drama other than that caused by an individual.

Glad to have you aboard (I used to live in Lake Forest just up the road from you...back when Ft. Sheridan was still in operation!)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Other site??? What other site? LOL Its a ghost town over there. Typically have an answer here within minutes....sometimes takes days or never get a reply over there (and I know as I used to be an admin over there, and still am in the top 5 posters....not having posted there in 6 years- user name was mitchelled over there).

Lots of great forum tech here....and run by committee, so no drama other than that caused by an individual.

Glad to have you aboard (I used to live in Lake Forest just up the road from you...back when Ft. Sheridan was still in operation!)
not that other site. Actually never been there. Was referring to the parts site I linked. 😏. I was looking for a part for me then jumped over here.

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey so long story short but Crowley does not have the part in stock. They source the part from Johnson Evinrude, but it seems that they do not have any inventory. Any ideas on where else I can source the part from?