• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You are right words do matter. How many times must he make himself clear? But back to Covid, the reality is there is nothing the president could have done or will do regarding Covid to please those that are partisan to the bone.

When a person continually lies, speaks non-truth, makes fun of others, twist the facts, ignores experts, ignores science and starts making up stuff, all to hide the real facts, make many believe actions speak louder than words. Whatever comes out of his mouth is worthless. Talk is cheap. You cannot bank on his statements. Would you put your life in his hands? Honestly? Would you want him around your kids. How about your daughter so he can grab her...? Come on. He got rid of everyone who disagreed with him and the list is long. He's still going after some. He favors the rich with tax breaks and could give 2 shits less about his base. Actions speak louder than words. He only cares about one person. Can you not see this? Do you think I'm making this up? Honestly? I wish I was wrong but he lacks character and a moral compass. He's not a leader. He's more of a mob boss. He stokes fear. Look at his party! How many have turned on him and are now out of a job? Do you know? He doesn't trust anybody but himself. He feels he has all the answers. Do you remember the bleach as a cure? "Oh, I was just joking", he said. BS!!! Sad...We need a leader. You could do a better job.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey bro, ease up. Your first 1/3 of that post basically describes the media, which I feel you are absorbing wayyyyy too much of. Keep in mind about half the country sides with the guy you are cutting down.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When a person continually lies, speaks non-truth, makes fun of others, twist the facts, ignores experts, ignores science and starts making up stuff, all to hide the real facts, make many believe actions speak louder than words. Whatever comes out of his mouth is worthless. Talk is cheap. You cannot bank on his statements. Would you put your life in his hands? Honestly? Would you want him around your kids. How about your daughter so he can grab her...? Come on. He got rid of everyone who disagreed with him and the list is long. He's still going after some. He favors the rich with tax breaks and could give 2 shits less about his base. Actions speak louder than words. He only cares about one person. Can you not see this? Do you think I'm making this up? Honestly? I wish I was wrong but he lacks character and a moral compass. He's not a leader. He's more of a mob boss. He stokes fear. Look at his party! How many have turned on him and are now out of a job? Do you know? He doesn't trust anybody but himself. He feels he has all the answers. Do you remember the bleach as a cure? "Oh, I was just joking", he said. BS!!! Sad...We need a leader. You could do a better job.
In your previous post within this thread you alluded the president wouldn’t denounce racism/white supremacy. I proved via video you were factually incorrect. Instead of recognizing your failure of fact, you proceeded with this emotional rant.

Why is it that you’ll call someone out for posting a boat parade video as it violates forum rules, but will completely bash the president in this thread? You‘ve even called another poster out in this thread for being political and told the poster to follow forum rules, yet in turn proceed to do the very same thing you criticized. I’m sure you’re a great guy but your actions are hypocritical. Do you not see the irony in calling Trump out for “Whatever comes out of his mouth is worthless. Talk is cheap. You cannot bank on his statements.”?

6184510F-9697-453B-99BC-190BD9A7BFD7.jpeg

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey bro, ease up. Your first 1/3 of that post basically describes the media, which I feel you are absorbing wayyyyy too much of. Keep in mind about half the country sides with the guy you are cutting down.
He did that after much much pressure. I saw that. Do you think he really believe that? Do you believe every word he utters? Do you believe what he says as Gospel? Do you listen to what he is really saying or what you want to hear? I'm tired of all the BS. I watch and listen to what he says and draw my own conclusions. He's nothing more than a bully. Plain and simple. Can you agree with that??? I'm really, really surprised that people can't see this man for what he is. Has he really helped you? Honestly? Tell me how? Prove me wrong! I've stated a lot and also posted a lot of questions about what you all thought. No one has answered the questions. Instead you deflect (a tactic used way to much). I know you guys are better than him. Right? Or, are you striving to be like him? Come on, really!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
In your previous post within this thread you alluded the president wouldn’t denounce racism/white supremacy. I proved via video you were factually incorrect. Instead of recognizing your failure of fact, you proceeded with this emotional rant.

Why is it that you’ll call someone out for posting a boat parade video as it violates forum rules, but will completely bash the president in this thread? You‘ve even called another poster out in this thread for being political and told the poster to follow forum rules, yet in turn proceed to do the very same thing you criticized. I’m sure you’re a great guy but your actions are hypocritical. Do you not see the irony in calling Trump out for “Whatever comes out of his mouth is worthless. Talk is cheap. You cannot bank on his statements.”?

View attachment 136266
You again! You like digging; proud of you. I figured I would join your side for the evening. How I'm doing? See if I can ruffle a few feathers. Nice to hear from you. Seems I woke you up. :winkingthumbsup"

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Dough are you a white supremist? Do you think you're better than anyone and or other race? Why would you rate my post with a 👎? Would you drive your car through a crowded street to prove you're better? Sorry to call you out but please don't hide behind a 👎.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He did that after much much pressure. I saw that. Do you think he really believe that? Do you believe every word he utters? Do you believe what he says as Gospel? Do you listen to what he is really saying or what you want to hear? I'm tired of all the BS. I watch and listen to what he says and draw my own conclusions. He's nothing more than a bully. Plain and simple. Can you agree with that??? I'm really, really surprised that people can't see this man for what he is. Has he really helped you? Honestly? Tell me how? Prove me wrong! I've stated a lot and also posted a lot of questions about what you all thought. No one has answered the questions. Instead you deflect (a tactic used way to much). I know you guys are better than him. Right? Or, are you striving to be like him? Come on, really!
Naw dude, no one answers your questions because it won't do any good. Conversing with someone as polarized as you would be like......crap, I don't even know why I'm posting this....

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lets cool our jets guys. Julian asked us not to stray into politics. Trust me, I know, it is hard, specially in this topic. But lets try.

Let me frame this conversation in another way. Is anyone here against measures like social distancing and mask wearing when in close quarters? If so, I would like to hear the arguments.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lets cool our jets guys. Julian asked us not to stray into politics. Trust me, I know, it is hard, specially in this topic. But lets try.

Let me frame this conversation in another way. Is anyone here against measures like social distancing and mask wearing when in close quarters? If so, I would like to hear the arguments.
I think everyone is in favor of social distancing and masks. I assume the only people who would be against it are the people that believe the virus is fake. And they are definitely the minority.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think everyone is in favor of social distancing and masks. I assume the only people who would be against it are the people that believe the virus is fake. And they are definitely the minority.
The reason I ask is because I've encountered more people who think that than I would've guessed.

So I want to try and understand the rationale.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Nope. I wear a mask all the time. I've recently started going back to my gym, LA Fitness. I stayed away fro the last few months because personally I just thought it would be a breeding ground for the virus. Everyone breathing heavy and what not. But with all the sitting at home, and I'm an avid golfer, I've noticed I'm much tighter and have more back aches. So I need my gym time. While at the gym I keep my mask on full time and it feels a little weird because I am usually the only one or 1 of 2 or 3 that have a mask on while working out. I feel like sometimes I get some weird locks, but I don't really give 2 shits what anyone else thinks.

As far as social distance, my wife and I go out to eat about 2-3 times a week. Usually Fri. and Sat. night, and maybe once during the week. We mask up, don't touch menus or anything, and enjoy ourselves. Maybe it's the bourbon that helps kill the virus?? They say mouth wash has some effect, so my bourbon intake might just be my Captain America Shield!

We don't do big get togethers. Recently was invited to my Navy buddies 50th birthday party and his wife said she had invited around 110 people. I said thanks but no thanks. Gonna pass on that shit. Will catch you in 2 weeks for a dinner.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The reason I ask is because I've encountered more people who think that than I would've guessed.

So I want to try and understand the rationale.
I see that it depends on the area. NYC people get angry when people don't wear masks. haha the worst is being on the train and you felt that sneeze tickle.. because if you sneezed there would be some lady like: "AWWW HELLL NOOOO. GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE WIT THAT SHIT" or at the very least, angry looks.
My hometown is different. Many people aren't wearing masks and its the demographic. They also suffered a lot of cases throughout the pandemic.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK, we have repeatedly ask members to keep the partisan politics off the forum, and especially in this thread. Seems we are unable to do that. I have locked this thread for further replies. If you want to start a new thread that discusses the virus and remains non partisan (that means no mention of parties, no discussion about who has or has not done something, just keeps it VERY generic and non party aggressive) then we'll leave that open - but any partisan references will result in deletion of the post and a warning. We don't have a whole herd of moderators, so warnings may come in batches after a fight begins. Please use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post to alert admins to issues. We ALMOST made it to the election.....so close!

@Administrative

Status
Not open for further replies.