• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My brother and our friend are making 3d printed face shields and intubation boxes. He has a fundraiser going on facebook now. Maybe tomorrow i'm going to go deliver some PPE to local hospitals here in NYC.

Good to see others jumping in for the "call to action" 3D printing face masks, PPE and ventilator valves. We have companies and schools doing it in our state as well. Seeing a lot of good come out of this horrible pandemic and gives me hope for humanity.

Even 3D Systems stepping in to help COVID-19 Call to Action | 3D Systems. They don't recommend providing the 3D printed N95 masks because those would need to be stringently tested to ensure they have proper fit and block out particulates.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More spring breakers testing positive for the virus. Can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if the idiot "if I get corona, I get corona" guy is now understanding how stupid his comments and actions were? I doubt it based off his demeanor.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
More spring breakers testing positive for the virus. Can't say I'm surprised. I wonder if the idiot "if I get corona, I get corona" guy is now understanding how stupid his comments and actions were? I doubt it based off his demeanor.

He did apologize for what he said. Nice to be young and dumb, right?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s good he apologized. Sadly the reality is none of them should have ever gone out on spring break. No telling how many people they have put in danger for their actions. Still seeing pictures of dumbass boaters in Alabama and Florida beaching at sandbars.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s good he apologized. Sadly the reality is none of them should have ever gone out on spring break. No telling how many people they have put in danger for their actions. Still seeing pictures of dumbass boaters in Alabama and Florida beaching at sandbars.
It was like a holiday weekend out on Lake Murray this past weekend. Most were doing the right thing but there were those stupid few. I personally passed a bunch of college aged kids in an overloaded Jon Boat. Apparently there was enough stupidity that South Carolina just announced today that all public beaches, ramps, and docks are now closed due to what was observed over the weekend. I am grateful to my son who helped me by waxing the boat when done with his school work while I was still working the end of last week so we could get the boat in for the season. We are at a private location so should be ok to access the water. I feel bad for those that trailer and had things ruined by some stupid people. Especially those boaters on the front lines of this thing who more than deserve some boating R&R.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I looked at the sandbars in Riviera Bay and Weedon Island this past Sunday. I was really impressed that 95% of all boaters kept their ~50' distance. I think the word is out; finally.
IMG_1310.jpgIMG_1309.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This was at Orange Beach this past weekend.

B19F1A6E-7E36-4DB3-BF50-97D97412ADBD.jpeg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He did apologize for what he said. Nice to be young and dumb, right?
2 things to remember and teach kids....... Never talk to the media and police. The exception is the police if you are in need of help.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I know, it’s NPR, possibly good perspective/food for thought for anyone.

Interesting that their mortality rate is so low, but they provide ZERO reasons why. All they kept talking about it that they are testing more....but no reason why KNOWING who has it helps prevent their death. If they said they were treating known carriers with X as soon as they were diagnosed....then there would be a reason for lower mortality.

Their fatality rate is now at 1%

So I hate to say it (hope I'm wrong), but their death rate may well be low based on their case count BECAUSE they are testing quickly and identifying infected people well before the disease has run its course and killed patients.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never talk to the police? Unless you need help? WOW
I talk to cops all the time when I see them out never had a problem. Turns out they're just ordinary people doing an extremely difficult job and doing it quite well.
I took it as "Don't talk to the police" when they are investigating you, Don't ever get in an interview and let them hold you for hours on end asking you the same questions over and over, write your statement or ask for your lawyer and then ask if you free to leave or why they are detaining you (and then ask for your lawyer)

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Havasu is also stepping up its distancing laws because of knuckleheads who can’t listen.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never talk to the police? Unless you need help? WOW
Let me clarify......never answer questions from law enforcement unless you are in need of them. Any defense attorney will tell you the same. I am not talking about small talk, I have many LEO friends and family members and strongly support LEO's everywhere. But when you have done something or are accused of doing something....shut yo trap.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I talk to cops all the time when I see them out never had a problem. Turns out they're just ordinary people doing an extremely difficult job and doing it quite well.
I do then same and totally agree.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I took it as "Don't talk to the police" when they are investigating you, Don't ever get in an interview and let them hold you for hours on end asking you the same questions over and over, write your statement or ask for your lawyer and then ask if you free to leave or why they are detaining you (and then ask for your lawyer)
Always ask for the lawyer up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.