• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Screenshot_20200331-132638_Dolphin.jpg

:D:D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I urge those of you that are giving people gathering in groups to take a step back and realize that you might not know the whole story. Sure the spring breakers, and the beach party people are clear examples of what not to do. I'm just hoping that mentality doesn't run too extreme for most of you. We had someone in our neighborhood who certainly thought they knew what was best for us........

We had the cops called on us last night because of "a large social gathering" that someone saw as they drove past. You know what it was. The families of 4 households that were gathered in the back yard while the kids played. These 4 families are quite literally the ONLY people I have been in contact with for well over a month outside of my office (which is now closed and I'm WFH). Someone drove by and thought to themselves that we weren't following proper "social distancing", or otherwise violating the "stay at home" order here in IN.

What was really happening? 4 families (7 adults, 6 kids) were in the back yard enjoying the nice evening weather. We've all discussed it with each other to great extent, and have decided that this is the level of contact we're OK with. We have cancelled birthday parties (little man turns 2 on Thursday with no party scheduled, just a cake to be baked), we have cancelled all other activities, but we'll be damned if we're going to cancel the backyard. Those of us that are venturing out are taking extreme precautions to ensure whatever is "out there" doesn't get to "in here". Shoes and clothes are left at the door to the garage to be washed before being brought into the house. Groceries and deliveries are wiped down as they come in. Houses are cleaned regularly and much more thoroughly than before.

This really hit a nerve with me. That someone thought so poorly of us, and thought they were so much better equipped to judge what we were doing that they needed to call and report us to the local authorities. Police said it was an "anonymous tip", and that even if they did know they wouldn't tell us who it was. I get that, but it doesn't improve my attitude about that person at any level.

So, PLEASE, take a moment to think through what you think you saw, or what you think you knew about a situation, BEFORE throwing stones from a glass house.

For some scale reference, we've kept 3 8yr old boys, a 4yr old boy, a 2yr old boy, and a 12yr old girl in this area for the last 3 weeks. Plan is to be here at least through the 1st of May at this point. Red circle is where we were "not practicing safe social distancing" according to the complaint
1585679636075.png

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I urge those of you that are giving people gathering in groups to take a step back and realize that you might not know the whole story. Sure the spring breakers, and the beach party people are clear examples of what not to do. I'm just hoping that mentality doesn't run too extreme for most of you. We had someone in our neighborhood who certainly thought they knew what was best for us........

We had the cops called on us last night because of "a large social gathering" that someone saw as they drove past. You know what it was. The families of 4 households that were gathered in the back yard while the kids played. These 4 families are quite literally the ONLY people I have been in contact with for well over a month outside of my office (which is now closed and I'm WFH). Someone drove by and thought to themselves that we weren't following proper "social distancing", or otherwise violating the "stay at home" order here in IN.

What was really happening? 4 families (7 adults, 6 kids) were in the back yard enjoying the nice evening weather. We've all discussed it with each other to great extent, and have decided that this is the level of contact we're OK with. We have cancelled birthday parties (little man turns 2 on Thursday with no party scheduled, just a cake to be baked), we have cancelled all other activities, but we'll be damned if we're going to cancel the backyard. Those of us that are venturing out are taking extreme precautions to ensure whatever is "out there" doesn't get to "in here". Shoes and clothes are left at the door to the garage to be washed before being brought into the house. Groceries and deliveries are wiped down as they come in. Houses are cleaned regularly and much more thoroughly than before.

This really hit a nerve with me. That someone thought so poorly of us, and thought they were so much better equipped to judge what we were doing that they needed to call and report us to the local authorities. Police said it was an "anonymous tip", and that even if they did know they wouldn't tell us who it was. I get that, but it doesn't improve my attitude about that person at any level.

So, PLEASE, take a moment to think through what you think you saw, or what you think you knew about a situation, BEFORE throwing stones from a glass house.

For some scale reference, we've kept 3 8yr old boys, a 4yr old boy, a 2yr old boy, and a 12yr old girl in this area for the last 3 weeks. Plan is to be here at least through the 1st of May at this point. Red circle is where we were "not practicing safe social distancing" according to the complaint
View attachment 114886
Crazy! My question is....do they have any power to make you separate on your own property?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy! My question is....do they have any power to make you separate on your own property?
I'm unsure. I wouldn't think so, but it's crazy times these days.

The cops were very nice, cordial, and extremely polite. I have ZERO issues with those guys, they were doing their job in a difficult time. Basically they showed up, talked to us for a few minutes, wrote a few notes down, then left. Didn't ask us to disperse, or otherwise change what we were doing. We offered them a beer, they declined because they were on duty. We're in a REALLY small town(pop 3,250-ish), and there are quite literally 4 police officers. They do a great job for us, and we appreciate their efforts.

Kids were being loud and running around as 8yr old boys do. Toddlers were driving a power wheels around, and the 12yr old was reading in a hammock. The adults were standing around the fire pit discussing the crazy times, and generally shooting the breeze.

It's even more amazing to me, as our houses back up to a GIANT field. Like 14 acres of literally NOTHING right behind us. We can't get much further from the other people in the neighborhood and still reasonably refill our drinks :D
1585680427730.png

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting that their mortality rate is so low, but they provide ZERO reasons why. All they kept talking about it that they are testing more....but no reason why KNOWING who has it helps prevent their death. If they said they were treating known carriers with X as soon as they were diagnosed....then there would be a reason for lower mortality.

Their fatality rate is now at 1%

So I hate to say it (hope I'm wrong), but their death rate may well be low based on their case count BECAUSE they are testing quickly and identifying infected people well before the disease has run its course and killed patients.
Yeah, I'm not in a position to answer definitively but my take on it is that by simply having the information - knowing who's positive (not everyone with a runny nose has COVID-19!) - you are in a much better position to make evidence-based decisions as far as following up, or not.
That goes with regards to both the individual w/positive test as well as those potentially exposed. Flattening the curve as well by isolating/sequestering the positives etc - the same number of pts spread over a longer period of time - 1,000 in one day vs same number over 100 days is 10 a day, kind of thing.

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, I'm not in a position to answer definitively but my take on it is that by simply having the information - knowing who's positive (not everyone with a runny nose has COVID-19!) - you are in a much better position to make evidence-based decisions as far as following up, or not.
That goes with regards to both the individual w/positive test as well as those potentially exposed. Flattening the curve as well by isolating/sequestering the positives etc - the same number of pts spread over a longer period of time - 1,000 in one day vs same number over 100 days is 10 a day, kind of thing.

--
Their death toll is jumping by 100 deaths a day....
1585683611144.png

So I think the article was just a little premature. Their CFR will be up with the rest of the world if that chart keeps going in that direction. 6-10 days they'll be at 2% with the rest of us!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Their death toll is jumping by 100 deaths a day....
View attachment 114889

So I think the article was just a little premature. Their CFR will be up with the rest of the world if that chart keeps going in that direction. 6-10 days they'll be at 2% with the rest of us!
Where are you pulling this data from? Would like to poke around with that data if it's publicly available.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can't speak for anyone else but I know I wouldn't be hanging out with my neighbors or their kids. For starters I can't stand most of my neighbors especially the ones right next to me and their loud ass kids lol. Secondly you don't know what those other people have been doing for every single day. All it takes is one of them to come in contact with someone who is asymptomatic and bam, now they are infecting everyone else. Now is not really the time for playing in the street with others but do as you wish. Just don't expect everyone else who's been in strict lockdown for weeks just to look the other way. It sucks and I feel for ya but at the same time....practice social distancing.

Last edited:

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me clarify......never answer questions from law enforcement unless you are in need of them. Any defense attorney will tell you the same. I am not talking about small talk, I have many LEO friends and family members and strongly support LEO's everywhere. But when you have done something or are accused of doing something....shut yo trap.
Copy that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where would a guy get those type of things?

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't speak for anyone else but I know I wouldn't be hanging out with my neighbors or their kids. For starters I can't stand most of my neighbors especially the ones right next to me and their loud ass kids lol. Seocndaly you don't know what those other people have been doing for every single day. All it takes is one of them to come in contact with someone who is asymptomatic and bam, now they are infecting everyone else. Now is not really the time for playing in the street with others but do as you wish. Just don't expect everyone else who's been in strict lockdown for weeks just to look the other way. It sucks and I feel for ya but at the same time....practice social distancing.

No shit. My dumbass neighbors (don't believe it, look at their FB posts where their ignorance is publicized) generally nice folks, just stupid. Been coughing and hacking for a few days he tells me over the phone, thank god they have been away at their beach place where they remain! Said their one kid just got back from California, and has been running a fever and had a cough which dad caught. Dad claims it is only pneumonia, not the Chinese Virus. Really? Been checked? You know, I think it is a good idea that you stay in your tiny condo with all the others fleeing this area, and keep your germs and your kid's germs down there and away from my house. I will gladly pick up your mail; stay away until August!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No shit. My dumbass neighbors (don't believe it, look at their FB posts where their ignorance is publicized) generally nice folks, just stupid. Been coughing and hacking for a few days he tells me over the phone, thank god they have been away at their beach place where they remain! Said their one kid just got back from California, and has been running a fever and had a cough which dad caught. Dad claims it is only pneumonia, not the Chinese Virus. Really? Been checked? You know, I think it is a good idea that you stay in your tiny condo with all the others fleeing this area, and keep your germs and your kid's germs down there and away from my house. I will gladly pick up your mail; stay away until August!
Wow it does sound like you have a dumbass neighbor. Dad claims it's only pneumonia? Has he been living under a rock and not realized that is what forms in the most severe COVID-19 cases? My neighbors are stupid too. I don't even let my dog get close to the fence next to them if they are playing in the backyard lol.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wow it does sound like you have a dumbass neighbor. Dad claims it's only pneumonia? Has he been living under a rock and not realized that is what forms in the most severe COVID-19 cases? My neighbors are stupid too. I don't even let my dog get close to the fence next to them if they are playing in the backyard lol.
We were just talking about taking our dogs to the dog park. But, like you mentioned, don't want anybody touching them. They all play in the backyard. For some reason they love to barrel thru our doggie door.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Just clueless people,they are all over the place. Is it any wonder their kids (in 20's like mine) are the way they are? One kid, when she was 16, got kicked out of private school for stealing tests and selling them. And they reward her with a BMW because it "wasn't her fault she was with the wrong crowd!" (BTW same excuse when she got popped for shoplifting) Then, our street crime unit contacts me 6 years ago telling me they've done 3 trash pulls on the house, as this kid was the biggest pot dealer in the area, and what could I share with them? Ummmm, that she is smarter than her parents and no doubt can hide her illicit activites from them as they are so damn clueless? All I ask is when SWAT hits the house for the search warrant to let me know, so me and my other neighbors can be on my back deck enjoying the festivites with a few beers, lol. Imagine that sight? Utterly clueless parents who think their daughter is wonderful. Hilarious. Flash bang, kick the door. lmao. Then, a few years later she gets kicked out of college (by the way a college she did not want to attend, but the parents made her attend, as her then boyfriend -who came from a wealthy family and hopefully he'd marry her - who of course dumps her,) she then fails out, and get knocked up by some other guy. 22 and a baby, and she can't even take care of herself! As my wife says, is it any wonder why the life cycle of the dirtball continues.....I say pay attention to your kids and keep them in activites, or as my 23 yo daughter aptly stated if you don't do that, they will associate with others just like them, and fall into the hole. How true. I still remember that day a decade ago when the clueless mother told me "I can't believe you all waste all your time letting your kids play sports and chasing them around with all the practices and games. When I am off work, it is my time!" Hmmmm...maybe I "wasted" all that time because I don't want to raise my daughter's illegitimate kid because my daughter can't do it herself because she wasn't raised with proper guidance? Or, perhaps, maybe I want my daughters to get off daddy's dime and be able to support themselves when they go out into the world and enjoy fulfilling careers as a scientist for NOAA or a pilot? Just saying.... damn I have too much time on my hands when is this going to end????? Ever? Well, I hope I entertained for a few minutes to get our minds off this mess.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you pulling this data from? Would like to poke around with that data if it's publicly available.
The data will be coming in fast, here is a good commentary in the Lancet, one of the top, most reputable journals.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.