• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Depth gauge/transponder issue for 2005 AR230HO

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our depth gauge for our 2005 AR230HO is very intermittent. Most of the time it reads 0, but occasionally, and at speed it shows depth, usually only very deep depth. Never works in shallow water, engines on/off do not contribute to its working/not working status. No damage evident on transducer, it is mounted correctly, no frayed or unplugged wires anywhere.

It has been that way since new, dealer was of no help, Yamaha said to contact the dealer.

I remember the manufacturer helping some folks out a while back, but do not recall their name and the contact information there.

I am hoping someone here still has this information so we can get the depth sounder functioning this year as we will be exploring some new waters this year.

Thanks!

I'm no help with you issue, because mine is the same way. Last weekend it did start beeping a lot though, I think the transducer might have gotten bumped up, it looks liek it is too high. I'd like to have the one that has air and water temp.

This my experience Replacing the Norcross depth gauge .

I suggest moving on to a different product. I removed the replacement Norcross / Hawkeye depth gauge from my boat a few days ago.

Sorry, I can't help you. Mine works perfectly!

Elite5dsi_RAMmount_final_front_water.jpg I replaced mine with a ram mount and attached a lowrance elite 5 dsi to it. I used the same hole in the boat to run the new cable (had to widen it a little) and mounted the transducer on the bottom of my boat just off to the side of the drain plug.

Attachments

• Elite5dsi_custommount_side1.jpg
    Elite5dsi_custommount_side1.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Elite5dsi_custommount_side2.jpg
    Elite5dsi_custommount_side2.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Elite5dsi_custommount_top.jpg
    Elite5dsi_custommount_top.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Elite5dsi_custommount_front.jpg
    Elite5dsi_custommount_front.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Elite5dsi_custommount_rear.jpg
    Elite5dsi_custommount_rear.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Elite5dsi_RAMmount_final_side.jpg
    Elite5dsi_RAMmount_final_side.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 32
A simple fish finder makes a great accurate replacement. You can also go fancier. I sear by the ff type since you can see shallow water coming by watching the profile. Very handy since where I boat the depth varies from 800' to 1'. Cam.

8140mPbpCqL._SY355_.jpg

Thinking this humminbird 176ci might do a good job in a small package....Anyone have any experience with this model?

I just replaced mine bc the numbers would fade in and out and half the time it wouldn't read depth. I called norcross and I upgraded to one that reads water and air temp. Works perfect. Best 92 dollars ever

Back