• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone looking to buy a scarab.. do not!!!

My scarab looks beautiful. But is the scarab boat built with quality?

Just months after having the boat I had stress cracks all over the right side above the rub rail.

After taking my brand new scarab to a boat shop to get repaired the boat shop advised me the cause of this was due to boat fiber glass being extremely thin.

Notice in the picture they sanded right through the fiberglass because it was so thin.

I advised scarab and they said it will be fine.

Scarab agreed to fix the boat under warranty this time. I advised scarab again. The construction is extremely thin. I asked are you sure you don’t want to do something else so that this doesn’t happen agian? Scarab advises it’s completely normal.

To no surprise more cracks appeared.

Scarab warranty rep advised me to get a quote to have it repaired. They told me I could wait until winter to get it repaired so I didn’t lose time on the lake. Just so you know if your boat is in the shop for warranty work you don’t get to use your boat and scarab doesn’t care.

Months later after submitting the quote they said it’s out of warranty. The boat only has 50 hours!!! I have had the same issue with the boat since I purchased it.

I have since hired an attorney he is gathering all the needed information currently.

I simply would like to warn everyone!!!

Sea•Doo And Scarab Boat Owners
Scarab Jet boats

Attachments

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
This is very disappointing to hear that a boat manufacturer of this size will not back up there product especially something that is structural. A one year warranty is simple not enough. Makes me think twice about getting rid of my boat before I have to deal with these issues.

danny4255

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
What year is it? Did it come with the 5 year "
OSMOSIS
A prorated warranty covers osmotic hull blistering for five years. Our engineered Vinyl Esther barrier coat has the best track record in the industry for minimizing hull blistering—a process of construction that gives you peace of mind. " Listed on web sit? Wounding what that covers??

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So sorry to read about your problems. You spend good money and expect a quality product! Good luck!

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What year is it? Did it come with the 5 year "
OSMOSIS
A prorated warranty covers osmotic hull blistering for five years. Our engineered Vinyl Esther barrier coat has the best track record in the industry for minimizing hull blistering—a process of construction that gives you peace of mind. " Listed on web sit? Wounding what that covers??

Issue is not blistering. The issue is the fiberglass is so thin it flexes so much it causes it to crack.

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Scarab still refuses to repair my boat. The cracks look horrible!

The first set of cracks took my boat out of commission for about 2-3 months. The boat was less than a year old at that point.

Now the new set of cracks in a completely different location are showing.

The scarab warranty department tells me that it’s a cosmetic defect which is not covered under warranty.

So basically spend 60k on a boat and expect it to look like shit within a year.

My plan for action.

The next boat show I am going to rent a booth. I’d like to invite any scarab owner with issues to bring their boat to put on display with mine.

I’ll have shirts made for everyone! “Don’t buy scarab” lol

I’m sure we will get the media involved also.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
God I love a pot stirrer! Best of luck!!!![flag]

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This sucks man.

Not much consolation but I'm about |..| that far from building a website of "my home builder sucks".com and having vinyl letters put on the truck to advertise it. Then sitting the truck out near the model home on the weekends in a friends driveway across the street.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser perhaps you need to make some videos the way Out on the Reef did with his Parker boat issues. They might take more notice of that, it would also allow us to see more clearly what you are referencing as the issue.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh I plan to make several videos. 😇
Looking at your information you say you have 2013 Sea-Doo. Sea-Doo boats and also Scarab did not make a 2013 boat. Boat model you say 242 Limited S-E, and that is a Yamaha. Then boat length you say 17 ft. None of them make a 17 footer. I am just confused of what boat you even have.

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at your information you say you have 2013 Sea-Doo. Sea-Doo boats and also Scarab did not make a 2013 boat. Boat model you say 242 Limited S-E, and that is a Yamaha. Then boat length you say 17 ft. None of them make a 17 footer. I am just confused of what boat you even have.

Well genius maybe I didn’t update my profile ;)

I have a 2017 255 ;)

Idiot

Seadoo_Bimini_Crosser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess the profile picture isn’t good enough either.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

The first set of cracks took my boat out of commission for about 2-3 months. The boat was less than a year old at that point.

The scarab warranty department tells me that it’s a cosmetic defect which is not covered under warranty.

My plan for action.

The next boat show I am going to rent a booth. I’d like to invite any scarab owner with issues to bring their boat to put on display with mine.

I would be willing to put money on that! Lmk.
Why don't you start a go fund me.
Where is the next boat show near you?

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Sorry to here your troubles. I agree the boat shouldn’t look like it’s cracked out. Do you by any chance run in lots of rough water ? I’m constantly looking to jump my 165 and the thought of it cracking out soon sucks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

My plan for action.

As much as I would love to see someone do this, I would advise you check with an attorney first and make sure you are not setting yourself up for a defamation lawsuit. Yes, it probably isn't defamation, but they can still take you to court, and you still have to defend yourself, and I'm betting money they have deeper pockets.

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

My plan for action.

I would suggest posting a rant on their social media feeds. That is the best way to get attention. Digital marketing is their most effective form of communication and it also can be their worst enemy. Costs a lot less than renting a booth and you’ll get a bigger audience.

ScarabHO

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Everyone,

My plan for action.

If you were not so far away Id be there with ya to help with that booth. Our boat has been a nightmare.