• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine hatch insulation suggestions

jon__house

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I've done all I'm going to do to the engine hatch. Fingers crossed it holds up as it was not easy spray and putting the acoustic foam on with the boat on the water and the hatch on. I had other things I wanted to do so I didn't have time to take it out for a test run but I will soon. Thank you for all the help!

Attachments

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Well, I've done all I'm going to do to the engine hatch. Fingers crossed it holds up as it was not easy spray and putting the acoustic foam on with the boat on the water and the hatch on. I had other things I wanted to do so I didn't have time to take it out for a test run but I will soon. Thank you for all the help!
Nice, you're gonna love it... That makes a big difference

MilesPrower

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here's an FFT plot (magnitude only) showing before/after results of my 1'' DynaCore installation:

dynacore-spectrum.png

Y-axis = Magnitude in dB
X-axis = Frequency in Hz

The measurements are 5-sec average, and they were recorded — without calibration — on my phone, held next to my head, while running my 255 FSH Sport E on flat water at 5000 RPM, without A, C, or Z–weighting

In addition to the use of an uncalibrated recording device, how the device is held (and even minute movements of the device while being held) will affect the accuracy of the measurements. Therefore, take all this with many grains of salt. And speaking of take, I'd say the one takeaway is that DynaCore is effective at reducing the transmission of acoustic energy within the three octaves of 1–8 kHz.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length