• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Factory Bilge Pump Unavailable

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The bilge pump in my 2017 242 has failed. I cannot find one online and my local dealer cannot get one. All are discontinued. Anyone found a suitable aftermarket replacement that will fit the factory location and mounting?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you know the make and model of your oem bilge pump?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are not yamaha brand. I believe it is a Rule bilge pump but not 100% sure. So if you look good at it it should have a model number on it to research on line

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The rule pumps were updated recently.. I believe they are all float / sensor operated now as opposed to the last style of running for a few seconds to check for water.

You should be able to find a 500 gpm on West Marines site or Amazon.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The rule pumps were updated recently.. I believe they are all float / sensor operated now as opposed to the last style of running for a few seconds to check for water.

You should be able to find a 500 gpm on West Marines site or Amazon.
Thank you!!

HernandoBeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Sportster
Boat Length
I just went through the same process but for a Seadoo. I ended up getting a higher GPM pump so the hose was larger than the factory setup so I had to put a new hose and through hull fitting. Other than that, I just removed the bottom strainer that was attached to the bilge area and put the new one in with 5200. Soldered up the wiring to the old plug and all is good now.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it is the same as my 2018 SX195, it appears to be a Rule Mate II series RM500A. https://www.xylem.com/siteassets/brand/jabsco/resources/newsletter/rule-mate---promotional-sheet---en.pdf

The RM750A with the same dimensions and hose diameter is available on Amazon, but appears to require a 5 amp fuse. Not sure what the current fuse is.

If this doesn't help you for your model, perhaps somebody else in the future.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Pulled my old pump and verified it was dead. West Marine took 0.69 seconds to tell me that pump was no longer made but, this new one is a swap for it. Handed me the new pump. Fit and size were perfect. However, the new pump is a three wire while the old pump is a two wire. Guy said, no worries, you only need two wires. I clipped the connector off the old pump and wired up the new pump w/two wires per the directions and verified power w/multimeter. Plan on installing this weekend. I appreciate all the advice! Threads like these are very helpful and encourage me to do work myself.

Dsiege

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for a replacement for my 2019 AR240 before this season - the boat is in storage now so cannot get the actual pump model - what is the make / model that West Marine sold you?

was it this? - 500 GPH Automatic Bilge Pump | West Marine

Odd how this part seems elusive to find exact replacements online - maybe they are just more universal than I thought...

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for a replacement for my 2019 AR240 before this season - the boat is in storage now so cannot get the actual pump model - what is the make / model that West Marine sold you?

was it this? - 500 GPH Automatic Bilge Pump | West Marine

Odd how this part seems elusive to find exact replacements online - maybe they are just more universal than I thought...
It's likely that model numbers or updated versions are being produced, which might be why they're hard to find. Happens all the time. Had to replace some parts in my refrigerator, and 2 out of 4 parts are all updated / superceded items. Same with certain oil filters for our boats. All you need is similar dimensions for the discharge, and the same type (yours is the type to check every so often, and trigger in the case of need, I believe). If you want to upgrade, I believe you should be able to get a larger one as long as the type of pump is the same, and any fuses or relays are also upgraded.

If yours is already in need of replacement, I'd guess you have water intrusion as well, somewhere that was triggering your pump to run more often. Maybe not, but something to check, and since you're gonna have to do some work on this anyway, I'd suggest adding a second pump in the actual bilge to serve as the primary, and have the OEM setup acting as your backup. Already an alarm/light built in, so you've got an OEM alert for if things get really hairy.

Dsiege

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Certainly have had more than my fair share of water intrusion - meaning gallons coming out after a long day. Boat stays on a lift now - we get kayaks around it to open the plug a few times - but its not like trailering it home and getting all the water out. We are bilging water every time we go out .... going to consider a riser over at JBP - I know its the seals or lack there of in the cleanout port / tray area

The light on the screen came up RED a few times on the bilge last year - it would go away and never stopped working - but thought i'd be better off getting it replaced ahead of this season to be safe.

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Been struggling with this pump for months now...found the right pump and it fits. It is the Rule 500 GPM pump from West Marine. Trouble is, it is a three wire pump and the old one was a two wire. Installation instructions say to use the brown and black wire (like the two wire old pump) and terminate the brown/white stripe wire. I did that, connected it to the clip connector, and now the boat says I have an open circuit. Chasing wires has been almost impossible since they are all bundled, covered by wire wrap and routed through the bulkhead. I cannot tell from the wiring and battery connections if I have a dedicated wire for the bilge. I assume, since I can control it through the Connext, it goes through the computer. As of now, just like before, I still have an inop bilge pump. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.