• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Boat...2015 212X...First Post

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Greeting JB.net! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have always wanted a boat but could never quite pull the trigger as the summers in New England are so short and weekends book up so fast. With the pandemic hitting, our social calendar was looking pretty dreary so seemed like the perfect opportunity to do some social distancing out on the water. Started looking on Boattrader for something to purchase and came across an ad for a Yamaha. Loved the style, especially the way the swim deck was set-up so started to do some research on jet-boats which led me to the rabbit hole that is this forum. The amount of information on this site is incredible and pretty much any question I could think up, I was able to find an answer to here which made me decide that a Yamaha was definitely the way to go. Not a lot of Yammies for sale in the northeast so started casting my net even further even considering the 212X that JBP was selling and having it shipped up here. Fortunately, a 2015 212X came available in my price range only 45 minutes from my house. While driving there to check it out, I started having second thoughts. My family has been lucky, both health wise and economically, but with so many others suffering is now really the time to be buying a boat? Just then a truck drove by me with this written on the tailgate: "Don't Postpone Joy". If that wasn't a sign from above, I don't know what is. So now the boat is in my driveway and I am looking forward to exploring the lakes, rivers and bays of Massachusetts and Rhode Island!
IMG_0345.jpgIMG_0396.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations and great find! I like the color scheme from that year, beautiful!

Shoot me a message if you're after any new watersports toys. I'll give you some good recommendations and some juicy discounts.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congratulations and great find! I like the color scheme from that year, beautiful!

Shoot me a message if you're after any new watersports toys. I'll give you some good recommendations and some juicy discounts.
PM sent...thanks!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome. I have a motto, summed up here:
44F80A1A-90A7-493F-A483-D01B59E97D89.jpeg
No matter what goes on around you, just keep on L-I-V-I-N

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and welcome. Now hit the water and enjoy that beautiful boat.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat, welcome!

jackson21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did you pay for the boat? I have the exact same one and was thinking of selling, just trying to get a feel for prices.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Paid $35K. I think I got a pretty good deal though. Got it just before the boat market went crazy.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Greeting JB.net! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have always wanted a boat but could never quite pull the trigger as the summers in New England are so short and weekends book up so fast. With the pandemic hitting, our social calendar was looking pretty dreary so seemed like the perfect opportunity to do some social distancing out on the water. Started looking on Boattrader for something to purchase and came across an ad for a Yamaha. Loved the style, especially the way the swim deck was set-up so started to do some research on jet-boats which led me to the rabbit hole that is this forum. The amount of information on this site is incredible and pretty much any question I could think up, I was able to find an answer to here which made me decide that a Yamaha was definitely the way to go. Not a lot of Yammies for sale in the northeast so started casting my net even further even considering the 212X that JBP was selling and having it shipped up here. Fortunately, a 2015 212X came available in my price range only 45 minutes from my house. While driving there to check it out, I started having second thoughts. My family has been lucky, both health wise and economically, but with so many others suffering is now really the time to be buying a boat? Just then a truck drove by me with this written on the tailgate: "Don't Postpone Joy". If that wasn't a sign from above, I don't know what is. So now the boat is in my driveway and I am looking forward to exploring the lakes, rivers and bays of Massachusetts and Rhode Island!
View attachment 120869View attachment 120870
Look's good! Congratulations!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What did you pay for the boat? I have the exact same one and was thinking of selling, just trying to get a feel for prices.
Jackson...are you thinking of buying another Yamaha? Were you happy with your boat? I'm thinking of buying a Yamaha jetboat for the first time. I've had a 21' Glastron I/O for 10 years, and love the styling of the Yamaha....

jackson21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jackson...are you thinking of buying another Yamaha? Were you happy with your boat? I'm thinking of buying a Yamaha jetboat for the first time. I've had a 21' Glastron I/O for 10 years, and love the styling of the Yamaha....
Honestly depends on what you’re wanting to use the boat for, Yamaha has a lot going for it for sure but it also has drawbacks. One of the pros obv is the price, you can’t beat the price, we’ve been looking at a newer Malibu for doing wake sports (2017ish) and it’s easily double the price of what we would get for the Yamaha. If you plan to just use for tubing and hanging out on the lake or river it’s great, the back transom is super nice and it’s surprisingly roomy. It also has the full walkthrough in the bow which many people really like (most wakeboats now have more of a playpen style bow design with no walkthrough although some do). Ultimately it comes down to the amt you want to spend and what you plan to do with it

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
After 1 season with the Yamaha, I can say that I do not regret the purchase at all. We did a little bit of everything with it, surfed, tubed, fished, cruised and beached in the lakes, rivers, bays and ocean in my area and I felt like it was a good option for all of it. Obviously, there are boats that are purpose built for doing some of those things better, but I like to think of the Yamaha as the Swiss Army knife of boats. We got a lot of compliments from other boaters and a lot of jealous looks when we were lounging on the swim platform with our legs dangling in the water. Plus it has been very easy to maintain with this forum as an amazing resource.

IMG_0994.jpgIMG_0665.jpg

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The transom is what sold the Admiral and why we picked the jetboat. It gets compliments every time someone new boards and experiences it..

Glad to see your enjoying your boat as much as the rest of us..Welcome to the "Family"

What a beautiful beach..

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
We bought the “same” one almost exactly 30 days before you for $38k with only 20ish hours out here in CA and it was a 45 minute drive away. Crazy similarities. My wife and I looked at it three times and were struggling with the blessings we have received and buying the boat when so many others were losing their jobs. Then I was texting my wife that maybe we shouldn’t get it and someone out of the blue said “hope deferred makes the heart sick.” Those two tornados pushing that fiberglass around in the water made this past year one we will NEVER forget because of all the good memories. We put almost four times as much time on it as the first owner did in 5 years. Hoping to be back on the water early next month!!!
P.S. the Yeti 210 is a “must” have for big families when you are heading to the heat of Havasu AZ but make sure you have at least two strong guys to load it...B1C13FE3-398B-453B-A197-1966337C2B48.jpeg47C81354-8B1E-4472-A64D-0EC633515334.jpeg

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We bought the “same” one almost exactly 30 days before you for $38k with only 20ish hours out here in CA and it was a 45 minute drive away. Crazy similarities. My wife and I looked at it three times and were struggling with the blessings we have received and buying the boat when so many others were losing their jobs. Then I was texting my wife that maybe we shouldn’t get it and someone out of the blue said “hope deferred makes the heart sick.” Those two tornados pushing that fiberglass around in the water made this past year one we will NEVER forget because of all the good memories. We put almost four times as much time on it as the first owner did in 5 years. Hoping to be back on the water early next month!!!
P.S. the Yeti 210 is a “must” have for big families when you are heading to the heat of Havasu AZ but make sure you have at least two strong guys to load it...View attachment 143972View attachment 143973
Congrats. My last boat was a 212SS and we utilized two soft sided Yeti Hopper 40s placed strategically out of the way in the boat during our Havasu trips. Not as big as your hard 210 but using their soft coolers will free up your swim step, easier to move around and won't damage the boat (from the hard sides).

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Congrats. My last boat was a 212SS and we utilized two soft sided Yeti Hopper 40s placed strategically out of the way in the boat during our Havasu trips. Not as big as your hard 210 but using their soft coolers will free up your swim step, easier to move around and won't damage the boat (from the hard sides).
I agree on the Yeti soft side as well. Awesome for a day on the water with the family. Not great for overnight camping, or a day trip full of friends, but that is when the hard side Yeti can come out and play. The hopper can easily be passed around too.

Or.... just use the stock cooler that came with the boat? Yeah right, hahahaha.

rad1026

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
P.S. the Yeti 210 is a “must” have for big families when you are heading to the heat of Havasu AZ but make sure you have at least two strong guys to load it...View attachment 143972View attachment 143973
Great family and great boat. We boat in Havasu. I'll keep my eyes out maybe we will see you.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Beautiful family! I guess with a crew that big you need a cooler the size of the boat LOL! Could also use it as ballast for surfing. We have a plug-in iceless cooler which is a plus for convenience but only works so-so. Need to keep it in the shade but I still wouldn't trust it with potato salad. I'm not a religious person, but sometimes the phrase "the lord works in mysterious ways" resonates. The boat definitely helped keep this family sane in an insane year. Should have done it years ago. Cant wait to get it back from dealer storage. I told them I want to be first in line to get it on April 1 which is probably a little early for this part of the country but I have a Hydrophase to install! I'm now looking into building a tall garage or boat shelter on my property so that I can keep it at home and take advantage of the rare days like today that will touch 60F