• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First Time Boat Owner: '18 212x

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hey all,
Been looking at ski, wakeboard, surf boats for years... finally pulled the trigger on a good deal out of an estate on an '18 212X with 30 hours.

I'm in Marysville, OH (just NW of Columbus). Family of 4 with teenagers and we like Delaware Lake just north of Columbus and will be doing weekend trips to bigger lakes in MI, KY & TN as time allows.

This 212X has the green graphics and tower and has added JL tower speakers on top of the wetsounds system. Other than that, I haven't found any other modifications. There is no table with it or center cushions for bow or stern/transom step area. Do they usually come from the dealer with the table and center cushions in bow or stern area?

I've had it out 4 times in the past couple of weeks and enjoying the wakeboarding. Also surfing w/ the rope and full ballast and full people on surfside. You all know I need more wave. I'm considering Wakewedge vs Wakebooster vs homemade. But need to be able to quickly swap sides for multiple riders. I'm a design engineer and like to fabricate stuff on my own. I've made fiberglass and carbon fiber parts in the past for non related projects and am considering doing for this. However, my to do list is huge right now with other projects so may buy if there is a decent deal out there. So, that may be a winter project. I don't need another surfboard or rope... just something to make a bigger wave so I can drop the rope at 11mph and really enjoy the surfing.

Only problem I've had thus far is with both battery switches off (red) and the parallel switch off (yellow) the voltage of these batteries will drop from 12V (from when I pull it out of the water and turn the switches off) to 8V after sitting for a week. The mall black 'connect me' wire is connected to the starter battery and no other loose wires. I'm wondering if the added amp was wired in direct and sucking off the batteries at all times... otherwise, something else is drawing current or these Interstate Batteries are bad after 2 yrs.

Looking forward to learning more and getting the set up 'just right' in time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, they typcally come with a table and leg/post. I'd ask the prior owners if they have them (not clear which cushions you might be missing- usually the rear one comes with - the bow filler is sometimes extra depending on the model). Can't hurt to ask - they won't have any use for them!

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yes, they typcally come with a table and leg/post. I'd ask the prior owners if they have them (not clear which cushions you might be missing- usually the rear one comes with - the bow filler is sometimes extra depending on the model). Can't hurt to ask - they won't have any use for them!
The longer backstory is a younger woman that bought this 212x suddenly passed and I knew the attorney (through a friend) that was selling the boat in the estate. There was a boyfriend involved, but the boat wasn't left to him... so I 'won the bid' out of the estate sale. Maybe the boyfriend has this stuff and I'll see if the attorney can get in contact. Would really like the table for 'free' for when we float and eat. Not a big deal though. The size of my wave is much more important!