• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those looking for an SVHO intercooler...

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just got my new cap from Riva yesterday, I'm all set.
That is great to hear! He is Johnny on the spot with customer service. He contacted me Sunday night and told me he would get me another cap (no problem). He shipped it out yesterday by noon and sent me tracking info.. I could not be more pleased with Riva's customer service. Man did we get a great deal on these intercoolers..Besides the piece that was broken, the intercooler is brand new! Thanks for the response..

BakedZiti

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pulled the trigger! Was going back and forth on it, checked listing and looked like 2 more had been sold last 24hrs so decided I'd kick myself if they sold out. I'll be swapping when I do my winter maintenance in the coming months, I will update.

**wow! received it already! will install next weekend

Last edited:

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to see you guys getting these at such a great price! You will be happy with the results.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I effed up. I just saw Riva had more intercoolers on their Ebay page so I ordered one up quick-style. I just noticed after submitting payment that it was an SHO and not the SVHO intercooler. DOUH!!! I'm really hoping based on the number of other peoples good interactions with Riva that they will make my week and cancel my order. Or if I am even luckier, they will have another SVHO intercooler lying around to make an exchange.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As I hoped and suspected, Riva was awesome and gave me a refund. It turns out that it actually was a SVHO intercooler, but it was missing the endcaps. Other than the output side having two water exit ports, can anyone tell me if the end caps on the SVHO and the SHO are any different? For those still wanting any SVHO intercooler, Riva told me they should have another batch up for sale in the coming months. These come off of their special build skis that they sell where they take a new ski and amp it up with performance parts, so I can confirm that they have never been used.

Last edited:

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I called Riva and the parts guy didnt know anything about take-off intercooler s. He sent me to service dept and they didn't know anything either. Is there a specific person you guys talk to?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That looks like the SHO. The part number is correct though. I'm gonna try it. I suppose I can always return it. Thanks!
It should be the SVHO unit. I think they list SHO for search hits. The description says its fresh off of a GP1800 which has the SVHO engine. I bought off the same description and it is the right unit.

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It should be the SVHO unit. I think they list SHO for search hits. The description says its fresh off of a GP1800 which has the SVHO engine. I bought off the same description and it is the right unit.
I bought it. Thanks again for your help. As always, this sight is amazing. I'm excited for the extra power.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah same listing I bought from so you should be good to go! @SAGERFLY call them back and ask for the guy that handles ebay listings. I think his name is Andrew.. He will make sure it is a svho unit.. Your going to love it!

Jharrisok

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just called a couple weeks ago and Andrew "Drew" was awesome to deal with. Hooked me up and I got the spacer to do the ribbon delete from him too. Now I just have to get the boat on the water!

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I talked to him today. The one I'm getting came off of a 2017 ski. Very good customer service.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Awesome @SAGERFLY and I agree they are a great company to do business with!
What's the going rate for the intercooler? I would
Saw a used low hour one on green hulk for 250. I passed.

Edit. Is there a true advantage to an after market $1000+ cooler vs the svho one? Like 3-4 mph or would it be something minor like 1 over svho?

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am sure there is an advantage to an aftermarket but I wanted to keep mine as stock as possible. I can speak from a car stand point. I have owned 2 new recent Audi's with superchargers and the after market intercoolers do make a difference! From a boat stand point I would talk to Riva and ask there opinion. The PWC seems to gain quite a bit as the reason we are getting the svho on the market. Last summer 150 was a decent deal on the svho intercoolers but now I think they are in more demand. I would say anything in the 150 to 250 is a very fair price to pay. The difference is obvious from all of us that have done the swap.. I would not own a 192 with out the svho intercooler or upgrade to aftermarket. Best of luck getting you one and @haknslash video is a must watch when installing.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well I'm picking up an svho intercooler for dirt cheap so that will be my summer project. I'll have to check out peoples post about the 3rd pisser, most likely T it in for now and add later.

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I'm picking up an svho intercooler for dirt cheap so that will be my summer project. I'll have to check out peoples post about the 3rd pisser, most likely T it in for now and add later.
Shoot me a pm and I'll mail you a y fitting for free.