• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those looking for an SVHO intercooler...

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I went ahead and picked one up also. Money well spent if they end up working out. I'll post up pics when it arrives.

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Geez!! where was this deal a few weeks ago:eek: Can't beat the price, and cheap shipping to. Really happy though that the guys here that want to make the change are able to do it rather cheaply.....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like we'll have a lot of happier 192 owners here soon :)

Corey Champlin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thinking about buying this since it is such a good deal. Wanted to know for sure, will this fit my 2013 SX 192 or do I need something different.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same engine

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The eBay order came in the mail today. Looks fine I think. The fins inside have a little surface rust but it looks to be just from sitting. The photos make it look worse than it really does actually because of the light I was using.

IMG_0975.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0978.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0982.JPG

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_6620.JPG Just got mine and both discharge points are busted off! Not happy.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seller is on vacation till the 19th....

I recall someone had one of the hose barbs break and they tapped it and added a brass fitting. Seems like it would be easy enough, the question is would it be ok having brass threaded into plastic? anything special that would have to be done to make the union watertight?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine is the one you're talking about with the brass fitting. The guy I bought mine from had his break on him during shipment when he bought the SVHO intercooler, so he just tapped in a fitting. Honestly you're life would be much easier if you tapped in two 90° elbows as opposed to straight ones. It would give you much more room for your hoses. I kind of wished my other one was broke so I could tap in two 90° fittings. I'd use NPT pipe fittings.

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey Hacknslash, do you know the diameter of the threaded part for those fittings?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Hacknslash, do you know the diameter of the threaded part for those fittings?
I never took it out to measure but you could measure the inside diameter of your ports and that will give you an idea of the thread size you need.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Mine is the one you're talking about with the brass fitting. The guy I bought mine from had his break on him during shipment when he bought the SVHO intercooler, so he just tapped in a fitting. Honestly you're life would be much easier if you tapped in two 90° elbows as opposed to straight ones. It would give you much more room for your hoses. I kind of wished my other one was broke so I could tap in two 90° fittings. I'd use NPT pipe fittings.

I did something similar to a fuel fitting that broke on my Yamaha warrior 1700 motorcycle. It worked find for the next few years before I sold it. I used waterweld 2 part epoxy putty on and around the threads to hold it in and seal it up.

brokenfuel.JPG

CIMG1869.JPG

Andrew Doherty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
Just to clear up the eBay listing, they are brand new 0 minutes on them with 0 corrosion. They are listed as used because they were installed at the Yamaha factory. The hoses are cut off because we don't reuse them. Riva builds race skis and special Riva limited editions for customers and we remove these to install our much larger intercooler.
Sorry buckeye boater for the shipping damage on the one I sent you. I will get a new cover sent out to you or I can send you the brass fittings for repair whatever you want. I have 90 or straight brass. I will be back at work on Wednesday and will contact you then.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just to clear up the eBay listing, they are brand new 0 minutes on them with 0 corrosion. They are listed as used because they were installed at the Yamaha factory. The hoses are cut off because we don't reuse them. Riva builds race skis and special Riva limited editions for customers and we remove these to install our much larger intercooler.
Sorry buckeye boater for the shipping damage on the one I sent you. I will get a new cover sent out to you or I can send you the brass fittings for repair whatever you want. I have 90 or straight brass. I will be back at work on Wednesday and will contact you then.
This is awesome! I ordered one on Saturday and can't wait to get it installed! Thanks for the post Andrew!!!
Shannon

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brass fittings in those photos look like 3/8 or 1/2 NPT. Should be widely available at any hardware store in the plumbing section, teflon tape or paste the threads.

However if they are willing to send you a replacement top that'd be more ideal in my opinion!

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Appreciate the info Andrew. I would like a new top if you can make that happen.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG
Andrew just got delivery from UPS and have a broken tip on the intercooler..I contacted UPS and they said to contact you 1st..below are pics.. Please advise..