• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those looking for an SVHO intercooler...

Andrew Doherty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PWC
Another batch of SVHO intercoolers on Ebay.
eBay item number:

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My advise to people looking at SVHO intercoolers. If you plan to stop modding at ribbon delete and intake you will see a small gain. If you plan to get a tune, wheel, add cooling, etc you won't be happy with it and should step up to a Fizzle.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes if you're looking to mainly just resolve the heat soak issue than add power/performance mods then the SVHO intercooler is ideal. If you're wanting to get rid of the heat soak and make bigger power with additional power mods then you'll want a larger aftermarket intercooler to keep up with the added power mods. If you add a SVHO intercooler there is only so much headroom you have before it becomes inefficient with other power mods. Personally I don't think the ribbon delete is worth it unless you're going to do a wheel, tune, etc. I saw little to no difference with the ribbon delete aside from improved throttle response and slight change in RPM. Overall top speed was unaffected by the ribbon delete.

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I'm just speaking from my own experience of it on my boat. Maybe you feel it more on a PWC due to the power to weight ratio being much more efficient. I think it also makes a bigger impact on the N/A 1.8's than the FI boats for some strange reason. I know of a local member on here who removed it on his N/A 190 and his SX240 and got good results with several mph increase but that just isn't what I see on a 192.

I have video on here reporting the results after the install and it shows what I got from removing the ribbon. More of a PITA than its worth on the supercharged boats than its worth IMHO. You get maybe a few RPM's but the biggest and most felt impact is the throttle response. Sure if you want to get every since ounce of power from the engine you'll have to remove the ribbon but for most people I don't think it's worth the hassle. The N/A engines take no time to remove it the ribbon but for the SC'd engines we have to remove the intake manifold and My .02 on ribbon delete for 192's.

Last edited:

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my experience, the FI engine makes a bigger difference to remove the ribbon. My SVHO gained a solid 3-4mph with Ribbon removed. I can see a boat not gaining as much, but between that and the IC really should be the first things you do. After that, I would look at upgrading cooling and a tune. My FZR SHO with same motor went from 68mph to 75mph on GPS with Dean's Tune, Fizzle IC, Intake, and Worx cooling added. (already had ribbon delete when I bought it) In the end if you want to go fast I am not sure if Yamaha boats are the place to start. They really are great cruisers and best at that.

If I didn't have this god damn speed disease from my father I would have just kept my 2016 VXR and been happy with it. It was the best ski I have ever ridden. Good power and handling, but NOOOO I have that itch for a GP1800.

Last edited: