• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH with thrust vector question.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may have been covered before but the it is obvious that the TV's and the Ultimates, et all are going to generate some level of spray / misting when they are operating in the "kick-up" mode. The vane or wing that catches in the jet stream is held up by the higher pressure water on the bottom and lower pressure on the top which will create a spray and pressure vortex similar to the wing of an airplane - reason for winglets.
I think the side force stabilizer used in the Ultimates could be making a difference. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ultimate mounted on Yamaha F S H.jpg
As a matter of fact the designs are quite different in several areas the Ultimate set has never had an issue with water spraying up in any mode.
try it both ways and you will see for yourself .

Last edited:

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just an update from my running today. At one point we had solid 2 footers with a mixed in 3. The stern stayed in place and didnt feel like it was slipping or sliding out on a wave. I even quartered them, head on and ran parallel to them. Much more solid feel at speed. I left my hand in almost one spot with little to no movement of the wheel.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Jetfisher, thanks for the update. Just arrived home from a week in Islamorada and my Ultimates were here when I got home. Will install them this week and hopefully give them a run next weekend....

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Got the Ultimates installed on Saturday late after getting my Seadek put in - btw a really nice upgrade and pretty easy to do - will post in other thread. Was not able to fully assess the steering at all speeds due to failing light but there is no doubt that the stability and cornering at speed is much improved. Seriously - be alert as the boat really responds and if you are casually sitting on the seat you can slide.

I did not notice any change in the slower speed handling or any spray or misting with full time down mode selected. Looks like a good long term solution - will report back as I get more experience on them. Suggest everyone take the time to watch the "new" video as the installation is not difficult but a little more involved than the TV's. Again, many thanks for the tip on locating the original bushings - I would have missed that and been up a creek with the necessary parts back at home and me at the lake.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for the feedback, Remember folks buy your last set of steering FIRST and save some money with my end of year sale for members only.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did not notice a significant slow speed change but at speed I did feel that the boat felt much more stable at speed. It did not seem to have the jet ski slide feel where I felt I needed to be "on top of the wheel" all the time. I purchased with the plans to use them in the full time down position. I am happy and would recommend the product as an inexpensive upgrade. Also install is easy if you follow directions.

CAT Chaser

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went out again yesterday, best day of the year if you ask me......anyway I have to say that although not like a regular boat, the no wake handling was much better. Did not have to move the wheel as much to track straight.

Sutter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ultimate works great. We do a ton of trolling at 2.5 mph and 7-10 mph. Helps with the walking and need to constantly have a hand on the wheel.

Attachments

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just added a Thrust Vector to my 2017 190 FSH and am very pleased with the low speed handling.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Is anyone still getting deck spray from their TVs.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
OK guys, got my first ride in last night and wasn't as bad as I thought. Wife tried to drive and that didn't go so well :). So whats my options on low speed steering improvements?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
https://jetboaters.net/threads/viper-cobra-jet-steering.14912/ This is the latest model specific system for the 19 foot boats with a keel the C J S VIPER I now also have the VIPER N K in stock for both the newer style nozzles and the old style nozzles for single and twin engine boats Although It appears they are not yet listed on my web page so you would need to get with me for the newest styles of the viper.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/new-viper-n-k-info.14839/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/i-now-have-the-viper-n-k-system-in-my-posession.14838/

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
TV's or Vipers, either one will save your marriage!
I installed the TV's on my FSH, never had any issues other then maybe cutting my top speed by 2-3 MPH. But the steering response at low speed and being able to hand off the steering to someone else is worth it.

Last edited: