• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Full annoyed Need some Ideas

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Truck is ready, Boat is loaded, tongue weight is good. Go get my straps for my cover, I use them without poles and use beach balls and split pool noodles and rags under straps at the seats. Apparantly my beach balls have magically disappeared. I suspect children, although they appear to look innocent. They were with my straps, so now I have nothing. Can't find any at target, walmart, dicks or dunham's. And I have to use the mooring cover since I loaded the boat with a lot of gear and stuff that won't fit in the truck.

Anyone in the area have some over sized beach balls 3' ft or so that I can borrow tonight? Or any other ideas?

Last edited:
Amazon overnight? Wal-Mart? mine still has summer stuff. Dollar General?

Truck is ready, Boat is loaded, tongue weight is good. Go get my straps for my cover, I use them without poles and use beach balls and split pool noodles and rags under straps at the seats. Apparantly my beach balls have magically disappeared. I suspect children, although they appear to look innocent. They were with my straps, so now I have nothing. Can't find any at target, walmart, dicks or dunham's. And I have to use the mooring cover since I loaded the boat with a lot of gear and stuff that won't fit in the truck.

Anyone in the area have some over sized beach balls 3' ft or so that I can borrow tonight?

Amazon overnight? Wal-Mart? mine still has summer stuff. Dollar General?

Leaving tomorrow morning early and will be on the highway. Walmart here has nothing. Dollar General has nothing. Also checked stores on the way down. Best I can find is a 20" which won't quite cut it.

In my old 210, the two man tube fit perfectly in bow and supported cover great. Perhaps a partial inflation on a large towable?

Round towable tube works good. Stand it up in the bow & remove the support pole from the straps. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just support the cover. I do this while on long trips.

I've towed thousands of miles with the poles and my mooring cover is still in excellent condition. Why not give it a try?

Balance Ball should work. Walmart should have them in stock in the gym stuff.

I thought you had a Mable, if so, I would put the center cushion in and partially inflate the backrest and fully inflate the base

Alternatively, center cushion, put the fold out door in place, and stuff all your life jackets, towels, etc in the bow

Or, blow up a whole bunch of balloons, close the door and fill the space with them...

I've towed thousands of miles with the poles and my mooring cover is still in excellent condition. Why not give it a try?

Not having ready supply of them if something goes wrong. He stores outside, so more chance of sun-related damage to the stitching, and I've personally witnessed (driving behind someone) that the pole seems to be the area taking the beating. I would want less stories of months-long wait for a cover for NEW boats

Pick up some cheap tubes at Walmart, alternatively.

I don't ever use the the back pole just the straps. I've towed with the front pole installed, and without it installed. Towed all last year and this year like that and all is good.

Sounds like the towable is the best thing going so far.

Little Tikes Hopper and then you can use it as a fender…

Hopefully our hero is merrily on his way to FLA with an improvised solution…

Back