• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Goodbye Everyone

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO, it's ok if you don't have a jet boat... We still love you. You have lots of knowledge to share. Thanks for your insight on Lake Powell and Page.
Thanks! You are welcome!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You guys go live my dream for me! Now, if Yamaha just made one of those with jets for me... No, my wife and I talked a few different times. We would love to get a go fast boat that would get us up to her friend in Michigan easy enough, and be a better rough water boat than the Yamaha, but the price tag is well... prohibitive! Honestly though, don't many of us want like, our Yamaha, a go fast boat, an express cruiser, a PWC, a fishing boat....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind replies, as @Sotally Tober mentioned these deck boats with the cat hulls are incredibly smooth over rough chop and of course they look awesome and have some serious horsepower, I really like the Nordic's the best, hopefully I can find a used one with low hours, new ones are well over 100K.
Can't wait to see some pics! Ping me once you pick one up and I'll add the manufacturer name to the list so you can add it to your profile!

These boats look really cool! Looks like the hull is similar to a hydroplane hull!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have gone back and forth on selling our 2008 SX230 HO, finally decided to sell it and sold it to my buddy who owns a Yamaha Dealership, gave me a great cash price that I was comfortable with and left a little meat on the bone for him to make a profit in the Spring. Yamaha's are great boats having owned 3 of them, we are going to buy over the Winter a 28 Ft Deck Boat, either a Magic or Nordic, go fast boats are fun and still can hold a lot of people.

I appreciate all of the nice folks on the site and I am glad I was able to help a little to get Jetboaters.net off the ground in it's infancy along with Bruce, Julian, and others. Truly a great site, great people (except a couple people Lol), and a great resource for Jet Boaters, take care everyone!!!
We will miss ya Dan. ....How am I going to do the Lake Powell thing now

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will miss ya Dan. ....How am I going to do the Lake Powell thing now
We will be getting another boat Bob, just not a jet boat this time, we will do a Powell Trip together for sure!!!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good luck on the new boating endeavors. I hope to still updates up on your cars and speed seeking adventures!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good luck on the new boating endeavors. I hope to still updates up on your cars and speed seeking adventures!
Thanks, I will drop in from time to time, did a Nascar Experience a couple weeks ago for my Birthday, and racing again in the 1/2 mile Mid-December, hoping to hit the 160 Mph mark with the mods I did to the Z06 recently.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I will drop in from time to time, did a Nascar Experience a couple weeks ago for my Birthday, and racing again in the 1/2 mile Mid-December, hoping to hit the 160 Mph mark with the mods I did to the Z06 recently.
I see a Tesla Roadster in your future, Dan! LOL.

"Dan's 160mph Z06 performance mods: $160k
Dan's hitting 160mph in an electric vehicle: Priceless"

Please keep us posted, LOL!!!

--

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see a Tesla Roadster in your future, Dan! LOL.

"Dan's 160mph Z06 performance mods: $160k
Dan's hitting 160mph in an electric vehicle: Priceless"

Please keep us posted, LOL!!!

--
Lol, my mods were an air intake, ported throttle body, and exhaust system, pushing a little over 700 Hp now for about $ 1200.00!!! The 160 Mph would be in 1/2 mile stretch, the car will do close to 200 Mph as I have seen on some YouTube Videos of a guy on the Autobahn.

I will never own an electric vehicle, love gas burning horsepower!!!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lol, my mods were an air intake, ported throttle body, and exhaust system, pushing a little over 700 Hp now for about $ 1200.00!!! The 160 Mph would be in 1/2 mile stretch, the car will do close to 200 Mph as I have seen on some YouTube Videos of a guy on the Autobahn.

Well if you are ever in San Antonio look me up! I take our Dinan Tuned 2017 BMW X5M out regularly. Not running low 11's like you but typically run 11.9 - 11.7 in the 1/4. Not bad for my tow vehicle.

And against a 10.9 second hell cat...

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you beat the Hellcat? Both impressive races.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Tesla P90D combines a front axle power of 259 horsepower (193 kW) and rear axle power of 503 horsepower (375 kW) to a total of 762 horsepower (568 kW), for a 0–60 mph time of 2.8 sec.

Have you ridden in one and felt the awesome acceleration with no lag what so ever? Freakin' amazing! It would be nice if they looked a little cooler....

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dan! Say it isn't so! Oh well, I get it. I hated to part with both of my Yamahas. But other priorities. Please check back in, especially to keep us posted on the deck boat venture. Do you consider this to be a good Lake Powell boat? You were one to point out to me just how big that water is! After our trek to Rainbow Bridge on smooth water in 1:08 Wahweap to park entrance, and the 2:30 plus to return in the chop, I know my next boat will be able to trek across chop like that with more speed and comfort. Seriously would be interested in seeing some info on that and other creature comforts they might provide. I like the open layout, but i also like to stay away from the sun. Thanks for your membership and hope to see you checking in on us! Also, thanks for all the tips and thoughts on our own Lake Powell trip! Not good bye...we will see you later!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you beat the Hellcat? Both impressive races.
Thanks. That was a heavily modified Hellcat that ran a 10.9 on racing slicks. I ran an 11.9. So no...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Tesla P90D combines a front axle power of 259 horsepower (193 kW) and rear axle power of 503 horsepower (375 kW) to a total of 762 horsepower (568 kW), for a 0–60 mph time of 2.8 sec.

Have you ridden in one and felt the awesome acceleration with no lag what so ever? Freakin' amazing! It would be nice if they looked a little cooler....
I'm a "Car Guy" so I know all about them including their upcoming roadster. We needed a tow vehicle and this was the fastest one out there other than the model X. Plus I love the sound of a big throaty V8 pushing 720hp.