• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help--Flushed Incorrectly

Tadowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just bought my boat on Wednesday 20 May, took it out that day, washed and flushed it that evening. Dude that gave us our overview said to turn water on first, then engine, so that's what we did to flush it. Yes we should have read book first, but we assumed he knew what he was talking about. Got on the water today and after a few minutes, got error messages on both engines. Brought it home today and dry started them one at a time. Initially got the error again, but after a few more starts no error. Does anyone think this could've fixed the problem. We won't know for sure until we get back on the water.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, engine first then water, then shutoff water first then shutoff engine. How much time Do you estimate passed from turning on the water to starting the engine?

Tadowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, engine first then water, then shutoff water first then shutoff engine. How much time Do you estimate passed from turning on the water to starting the engine?
About a minute I think

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not ideal for the engines to run the water when off..., but you should be fine if the engines turned on.
if you get the error message again, turn off the batteries for a while and then back on. That usually gets rid of stuck error messages.
if the engines don’t run right (low RPM, etc) best to have it checked out. If all runs good, enjoy the day and you should be good 👍

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you got them running after, they will be ok. You did not hydrolock, bend/break parts like connecting rods. It does take a while for the water boxes to fill, depending on water pressure. You know the correct sequence now.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When in doubt with water, once the engine starts, run it like you stole it for a while. Reaching and maintaining operating temperature will allow all water to dry off and boil away hopefully. What kind of errors were you seeing?

Tadowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When in doubt with water, once the engine starts, run it like you stole it for a while. Reaching and maintaining operating temperature will allow all water to dry off and boil away hopefully. What kind of errors were you seeing?
It just said engine malfunction and to take it to the dealer. If course I don't want to spend $800+ on something that can be easily remedied. I'm sure they'll say its worse than it is just to make the doe.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
About a minute I think
If it’s running ok now, nothing to worry about. Reset the system by disconnecting the batteries, that should clear your error codes. If they persist, you need to investigate further. Careful with flushing, although seems simple to do, the steps are critically important to follow. When in doubt, ping the forum.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tadowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another way to clear engine codes on the newer boats is to start and stop the engines 3 times in a row.

You are very likely all set. Get out there and enjoy boating!
Wow that's great information! Thanks.

Tadowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dealer asked me to bring the boat by so they could check it. He saw 2 over heating warnings but nothing now. He cleared them, checked the oil and said it should be fine. Thanks for everyone's inputs. Be careful out there. I chose to not go out during this busy holiday weekend because I'm still learning how to maneuver my boat. I'd hate to look like a newby in front of so many people. LOL

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, I'll say this. Awareness is more than half the battle. Minimal respect for the time of others and you are already an above average boater. If weather is good tomorrow don't hesitate to go. Practice backing up ahead of time. back up a good 10 times making sure you understand the movements of the trailer and what it takes to put it where you want. If you are iffy loading, you can load by hand. Get your feet wet and pull it into the trailer with lines and hands, slowly, and winch it up. If you are careful and aware of what you are doing, I bet you will beat in speed more than half of the other boaters.

Glad it all worked out!!!! Enjoy the boat!!! Don't let fear or ridicule keep you from enjoying the boat. Worst case you slip on the ramp and get some laughs and applause. Just don't break any bones, and it will be a great day!

Ford4040

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Adding a question onto this thread as I couldn’t find the answer anywhere. I have a 2019 AR 195 and while flushing, because the flush port is in the wet storage, the kill switch gets triggered every time I try and access it.... so I end up having to hold down the button while flushing the system. Does anybody know of an easier easier way...or a way to keep the engine running with the wet storage panel up in order to access the flush port? I feel like a goofball sitting there with my thumb on the kill switch...and have to have help in order to actually perform this maintenance. Thank much in advance for your time....

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Use an appliance hose 5’ long, and rig a valve so you can turn the water off without opening the hatch. You’ll need a couple adaptors, but really pretty inexpensive.