• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help seaweed issues

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recall seeing a pic of a small rake / claw about 6" wide with 4 to 6 tines mounted to a metal handle shaped like a "J" and thought it was supposed to be used from the back of the boat or Pwc to pull debris from the back and down starting at the front of the intake grate. Use would have been by feel not sight so practice on the trailer or on the water could not hurt.

@Sugarsand gary , Jeff is the founder/owner / operator of a a company that makes cobra jet fins (which enhance steering responsiveness of pwcs and jet boats). So the reference above was a joking suggestion that Jeff produce a grate rake as well.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
3719_reg (250x195).jpg Mercury use to mare this one,no longer available

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The only thing I miss ie 5he Jersey shore lots of good Times.I love going to see the b street band.thurs nights at the deck at the golden nuggets.we also have a timeshare in ac we can't sell.
Nugget deck is great...I always pull up there... Also good luck with that ac timeshare...that place has gone down hill real fast, hell all the luxory condos directly next to revel have gone up for auction with NO minimum bid

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bilmon , that's the one I recall . Do you remember what it is called or what it sold for?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Seriously if you get the reverse trick down correctly it should solve most of you issues, and be sure to get the weeds out before they choke off your cooling system.
I just came home from the water and it was weeds galore as usual, do your best to drive around them with your new steering it should not be that difficult. I had to do the reverse caper on my ski today, didn't see the weeds and slap ran into a big collection of them, couldn't find a wake to jump to knock them out of the intake , so I did the reverse maneuver and sure enough the weeds " sea grass" came floating out the back.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
@Bilmon , that's the one I recall . Do you remember what it is called or what it sold for?
If I remember correctly they were just called weed rake and went for 110-115 bucks

Sonyavdz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I made my own grate rake today to keep in my boat just in case. Cost me $21 and disassembles for storage.

Hope I never have to use it but if I do it is there and at least I won't have to get wet 20151007_154146.1.jpg 20151007_154336.1.jpg

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I made my own grate rake today to keep in my boat just in case. Cost me $21 and disassembles for storage.

Hope I never have to use it but if I do it is there and at least I won't have to get wet View attachment 29954 View attachment 29955
Looks good I made almost the same thing.I don't have any more issues. I moved the boat to lake Harris chain of lakes.I am loving it I was out today.