• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How old were you kids when you started boating?

We had a boat before we adopted, so Caitlin was 6 months old when she went on her first boat ride, and has been boating ever since. I'll find a photo later....off to take her to bed now....

My kids were 4 and 8. Now they're 11 and almost 15 and I'm thinking of selling the boat. You could almost expand this to how old were they when you started, then sold and then bought again.

My kids are so busy with spring sports, then summer travel teams and then high school football starts Aug 4 around here. We may use the boat 2 or 3 times if we're lucky. So I'm probably going to sell it and then when they're off to college buy another one. So bought at 4 and 8, possibly sold at 11 and 15 and will buy again at 18 and 21 :)

@Raphael ........... Pretty kewl. I had never heard of a "Sea Rader" until you posted. I found some both 14' and 16'. Looks like a fun boat
Many Best Wishes your way ....... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

My wife and I loved that boat it was so light you could pull it with a car and you could submerge the entire boat, This little boat is why I have a Yamaha right now.

Wow! Thanks for all the replies and advice. This site is awesome!

I think if we only had 2 this wouldn't be an issue. Being so outnumbered and having one of them be a baby is where the anxiety is from. I guess the nice thing is I can be patient and wait for the best deal.

I was in the water before I could walk.

I don't think that I count in this. Mine were 10, 14 and 17.

Yes, I was late to the party. Better late than never.

Our 7 year old started boating at 6 months our 4 year old started boating at 3 months. they both absolutely love it now.

7, 5 and 3.

My wife couldn't boat while she was pregnant so she missed the second summer on our first jet boat (on our fourth one now). We waited until our son was about six months old before we took him boating to a small and calm lake. We spent most of that season at the same lake underway just 10% of the time and anchored the rest, it was great. He started tubing less than a year later, and jet skiing (as a passenger) around 2. Now at 12 he can launch and recover the jet skis on his own and has become a hell of a good crew member, better than half of my regular crew and most guests as well. Another benefit of having kids that boat is that they can entertain the kids of people you invite to go boating with you.

I think you are fine bringing kids out once they can control their head movements, but you have to assure the primary care giver, mommy, that it is safe by purchasing the right life vests and planning the trips with lots of detail (e.g. Small lake, only if sunny and calm, more anchoring than anything, you do the boat stuff, mom watches the infant, no yelling, etc.).

Last edited:
Back