• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HydroJet Pro EXPLAINED

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That things gonna need some BIG fins!

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I personaly don't see anything wrong with having a 3rd option when it comes to fins, as a consumer I like to have options, and go with what fits best.

I wish I had more then just two options when I purchased my Cobras, In the long run you get what you paid for.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think seeing is believing where testing the effectiveness of the various fins is concerned. I'm happy with my cobra ultimates and fangs but if got loaner hydro jet and / or thrust vectors I would put them and the Cobras through the same tests on the same day if possible and video all them. Kind of like I started to do with this video.

If either alternative made me happier than I'm am with my Cobras and fangs I'd pay full price for the same and Send back the other or both alternatives if neither is as good as the Cobras. If I could get some help driving, trailering and relaunching the boat between the different fins that would be great. All this seems unlikely since most of the members seem to be concentrated outside of California and those in California (myself included) have not done a great job of boating together or arranging get togethers between members.

That stated here is an alternative offer, I have two ready to fly dji phantom drones, a phantom 3 and phantom 4. I'd be willing to ship the p3 at my cost there and back to one of the administrators at this year's shellybyville or similar gathering if the three fins could be tested there on the same boat or same type of boat (E.g. 240 or 210 series). I meant to do this, loan out a drone, last year but had one die on the shelf and another in the water. This offer may also be moot in that I suspect some one or several people will have drones at shelbyville this year.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Disclaimer: my boat is finless and will remain so..
Competition in the market place is a good thing for everyone. It allows consumers choice and keeps sellers on their toes.
I don't know if there is some skullduggery (like that one?) going on here with design piracy ...I really don't care much.
Jetboat Pilot has provided me with excellent customer service and a good products when I have bought from them. Good service keeps customers loyal in any industry (especially the sex trade but that is another discussion).
Hydrojet Pro definitely got a tense welcome here, Ok, let's call it what it is you guys jumped in their shit pretty quickly.
Are they legit?
I have no idea but the truth will out eventually especially with real world products that are required to perform under high stress conditions. If the product is no good we will find out over time I'm sure.
When I was a kid we stuck cards in the spokes on our bikes to make them sound like motorcycles...soon someone was selling a product that was basically that same idea...then another company then another...my point?
I have no idea...
See you on the lake kids

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And another thought about those turning tests....you have to test in both directions. I just realized that the Scarab vs Yamaha turning tests had the scarab turning to port...which is usually a jet boats best direction (they turn better with the direction of the impellers--if i recall correctly and from my own experience....although I've been boatless for SUCH a long time now! LOL)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, some people have some strong opinions on this thread. I'm all for competition, and multiple options. Sure this product is very similar to current products in the marketplace, but honesty it's a fin. How different can you make them? Hell, I could probably make my own with starboard, and looking at pictures on this forum if I really wanted to. I have no experience with patents or the legality aspect of it, but I'm sure that part is easy to get around. As long as it is done legally, I welcome the additional options. Maybe it will drive down prices!

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the Lord of Light wanted jet boats to have fins they would be born that way!

Remove your fins, and repent!

The lake is dark and full of terrors!

:rage::punch:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If the Lord of Light wanted jet boats to have fins they would be born that way!

Remove your fins, and repent!

The lake is dark and full of terrors!

:rage::punch:
So why did Yamaha recently add a fin/rudder and keel to some of their models?

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also agree with the recent posts supporting competition and innovation/improvement. If people quit trying after two options existed we'd all be accessing this forum from computers the size of houses and carrying around bag phones.:D The product itself will sink or swim in the marketplace on merit and value but I wish @HydroJet Pro the best of luck.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I also agree with the recent posts supporting competition and innovation/improvement. If people quit trying after two options existed we'd all be accessing this forum from computers the size of houses and carrying around bag phones.:D The product itself will sink or swim in the marketplace on merit and value but I wish @HydroJet Pro the best of luck.
Yeah! Like Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Dodge etc.
Obviously Ford has the best engineers but people keep buying the other brands.

Gosh darnit i posted here again....

DERAILED THREAD

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah! Like Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Dodge etc.
Obviously Ford has the best engineers but people keep buying the other brands.

Gosh darnit i posted here again....

DERAILED THREAD
I'm a Ford guy. . . . . but this was a little crazy.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So why did Yamaha recently add a fin/rudder and keel to some of their models?
"The Lord" works in mysterious ways?

Seems to work for all the other religions so why not a fictional one as well. o_O

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Blasphemer!;)
OH HERE WE GO!!! Just joking.
Ok...sorry...how about...Mutant like in X-Men...its mutation is slightly better steering.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad I just bought a chevy!!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is somewhat reminiscent when there was one fin on the market and another finmaker came on another forum....which I thought was uncool in the way it was done, but nonetheless it was way more civil than this. This is one reason I think it's a bad idea for commercial entities to be on a forum. But it's just my opinion.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a very small, close-knit group which makes it very hard for a "copycat" product to be introduced due to our "family" ties with one another.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a very small, close-knit group which makes it very hard for a "copycat" product to be introduced due to our "family" ties with one another.
Wow this thread is getting a lot of action!

I see @Murf'n'surf point, and perhaps others' too. I just don't see the Hydrojets as an innovation. I also don't see a lot of good, honest, convincing data or answers to questions about this product or testing. I do see a lot of smoke and mirrors.

But hey - here is an idea:

Buy the fins. Test them. Share your test results.

--