• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I hate to say it but what is your winter mod list?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine:

2 new mm 1240 polk 12 subs

2 new speaker boxes

Perfect Pass!!!

2 Wetsound Rev 10's

New Cover

shore spike

That should do it.

Install new SeaDek mats on swim deck
New Fusion HU and remote/s
Repair scratches in gel coat
Install Bimini extension
New set of trailer tires
Possible new trailer jack
Speakers on swim deck...maybe
New cover...maybe
Thinking about removing decals on side of boat

Replace the original Hydroturf on the swimdeck with Seadek storm grey over black from Jetboatpilot.

Get my ski locker latch working better.

Clean and wax all surfaces and treat the seats with 303.

SeaDek
Stereo (2 amps, 2 new mid cabin speakers, Tower Speakers, Sub, Dual Battery)
Perfect Pass!
New ballast bags(800lbs ski locker, 350-400 bag for on seat if needed)
WakeWedge(Come on 2014 212X build!!!)

After all that think I'll be pretty much set! I hope I don't find too much more interesting ones in this thread, wallet won't handle it lol

New batteries !!! After 7 years it's prob time !!! And add a depth finder

Last edited:
Winter mods? You guys got time for that?

I have two motorcycles sitting at home that need fixin' before the 19th so I can hit the river that weekend and be ready to go to the desert the following weekend.

Then I need to put new pistons in my RZR4 to rectify the blow-by I'm getting from the turbo.

After that I may get out to the river one more time in October - my favorite time - and I'll change the oil and put it to bed.

From there on out it's all dirt baby! :cool:

There is no "off season" here in South Florida, but here are mine.

Shore spike
Anchor buddy
Box anchor
Stoltz bow roller
Mag wheels
Install 4" Sony remotes (already purchased)

And if I find some extra cash....
Rigid D2 led lights on the wake tower.

I'm considering towing my boat down to my brother's house in Tampa and letting him use it over the winter there.....

If I don't take it to FL, I plan to remove most of the graphics from her as there are a couple of nics here and there, and one big one where I accidentally hit a graphic with the power washer (whooops).

Install TVXLs
Replace GPS wiring (old cable has an intermittent connection issue)

Install TVXLs
After all these years your installing fins??? I guess if you plan to let someone else drive it a lot then it makes sense.

My off-season mod list is
Add a few extra pieces of seadek I recently purchased from Will to complete my snow camo install
Add a ground bus and a fuse block to complete my Blue Seas Add a battery install
Install the LED for my blue sea ACR
Add two faria battery monitors.
Add the ladder down warning indicator light.
Add a fume detector.
Add a secondary bilge.

That's probably enough for now. Not sure if it will all get done before the next boating season but we'll see.

wedge!!!!!

Before winter I need to get a cover.
Off season projects are to install:
driver side remote for the stereo
built in ballast
perfect pass
tower speakers
wake tower racks
lighting above and below water
amp
sub...

This is digging into my '73 Bronco restoration budget...

Last edited:
Stereo upgrade! Thanks to the house for turning me on to Earmark. I'm almost certain that I'll go through them when I'm ready to pull the trigger. Not going to go crazy, but will likely do a JL setup with 4 MX650s and an IB sub or 4 MX770s. I might switch to 6 in-boat coaxials as well, to have more musical presence in the cockpit underway. It's easy to see how these systems can turn into monsters...but I need to keep a realistic eye on the fact that we probably get out on the boat 15 times a year or so.

My other winter project will be hoping that we get plenty of snow in the mountains to fill our lake back up and that I rise to the top of the waiting list for a slip at our marina!

What kind of new boat? Staying in the family?
Not sure just yet. I really like what they did to the 2015's. I may be looking into a center console boat to better handle Lake Erie and the Gulf where I will probably be retiring to. Decisions, decisions...

My other winter project will be hoping that we get plenty of snow in the mountains to fill our lake back up and that I rise to the top of the waiting list for a slip at our marina!
From your keyboard to God's monitor.....we need water or we will all have no salad ! re, no boating ! :dead:

Back