• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I want to go to Bimini 2017

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lets hope it doesn't destroy the reefs like the last one did!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lets hope it doesn't destroy the reefs like the last one did!
Fortunately she is not operated by Resorts World and is reasonably sized to load and unload where the water taxis do.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ferry is good for women and children not wanting to ride in the Yamaha..

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My bet is on @chris24 as it his natural mode of transit-
With @KevinS right behind him-

I still have images of them going over the horizon in front of me (w/o windshields, of course ;-)

@latitudeadjuster and I were racing all over Lake Anna this wknd.
His machine (212x) has the speed, but I had the tactics and hull to take bigger wake at speed.

So fun!

We are plotting a DC/Potomac adventure for the future-
Hey guys, I'm in Richmond.
Looks like you guys did Bimini last year, I did it two years ago in a jetski though. Looking forward to making it to the exhumas next year in the boat.
Don't do Lake Anna much, maybe next time your up there give me a shout ..

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like you guys did Bimini last year, I did it two years ago in a jetski though. Looking forward to making it to the exhumas next year in the boat.
We have done the Bimini trip in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. There year a small group of us did Exuma, what an amazing trip.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/exuma-bahamas-trip-june-2016.9352/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/tracking-stalking-exuma-and-bimini-travelers.9706/

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Hector I'm in Williamsburg and usually put my Yamaha in the Chickahominy and James River. If you find yourself around here let me know.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Right now it is looking like a Sunday excursion to Lake Anna for the Labor Day holiday weekend.
We normally put in at Sturgeon ($10; on 208) and head north beyond the Thurman Islands, to a sandbar that good bunch of folks ("Lake Anna Islanders") regularly commune and Labor Day is the big end of Summer blowout for them-

It is a 45 min drive for us to LA, but there are good restaurants/bar options, fresh water and plenty of places to get away from the crowds of boats.

Let us know if/when you are heading by.

We have yet to explore Gaston. Have you?

Glen

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Hector I'm in Williamsburg and usually put my Yamaha in the Chickahominy and James River. If you find yourself around here let me know.
@Jr15g Definitely, I actually rode from Osborne landing (Richmond) all the way down to the hampton roads tunnel last Saturday just for kicks. I noticed quite a few boats beached directly across the mouth of the chickahominy, is that the hang out spot? The sand pits in rva are starting to get old...

I'll definitely hit you up, thanks

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Right now it is looking like a Sunday excursion to Lake Anna for the Labor Day holiday weekend.
We normally put in at Sturgeon ($10; on 208) and head north beyond the Thurman Islands, to a sandbar that good bunch of folks ("Lake Anna Islanders") regularly commune and Labor Day is the big end of Summer blowout for them-

It is a 45 min drive for us to LA, but there are good restaurants/bar options, fresh water and plenty of places to get away from the crowds of boats.

Let us know if/when you are heading by.

We have yet to explore Gaston. Have you?

Glen
@Glen thanks, my son and I are actually thinking of going there Saturday if the weather holds. I've been up there plenty of times. I put in at dukes and normally just hit the restaurants and the sand bar across from dukes next to the power plant. would be awesome to hook up and get to know some more cool spots. If you ever find yourself coming to the James let me know.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have done the Bimini trip in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. There year a small group of us did Exuma, what an amazing trip.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/exuma-bahamas-trip-june-2016.9352/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/tracking-stalking-exuma-and-bimini-travelers.9706/

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
@Andy S I will definitely have some questions a little bit further down the road. My self and a couple jet skis a seriously planning this. The inspiration for this trip was actually the video you guys posted. We are planning on using the same route, gas stops. Thanks for paving the way....

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Glen thanks, my son and I are actually thinking of going there Saturday if the weather holds. I've been up there plenty of times. I put in at dukes and normally just hit the restaurants and the sand bar across from dukes next to the power plant. would be awesome to hook up and get to know some more cool spots. If you ever find yourself coming to the James let me know.
Last night it was looking like 90% rain on Sat and Sun, so we were shifting towards Monday.
Now it is more like 50% on Sat & Sun-
Bottom-line, we're all going to have to wait until 12 hours out to finalize plans.
I am heading to Annapolis (no boat) on Sat AM for a class tailgate, so at best we will be on Anna for an evening cruise.
Potomac River and Tim's/Rick's (Fairview Beach) may be more likely (closer to home)-
Lets ping eachother once we know what the weather is doing. Temp will be right... :)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2nazt, @DieselCamel, @veedubtek the Gulf Stream forecast seems to be trending down. Looks like the the sporty water will be in north and west Florida this weekend.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bimini is on my bucket list, but the drive to Fort Lauderdale is 2342 miles one way from my house in Arizona, that alone is a buzz kill thinking about driving that many miles.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bimini is on my bucket list, but the drive to Fort Lauderdale is 2342 miles one way from my house in Arizona, that alone is a buzz kill thinking about driving that many miles.
@Majorsmackdown's tow is over 3,200 miles and he is coming back for 2017. You can do it.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We booked a condo in Largo already. Halfway there...

IMG_20160901_102245.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We just cancelled our Wrightsville weekend....lots of rain forecast for Saturday now....but probably much clearer here in Raleigh! Bummer....but don't want to sit in a hotel waiting for the rain to stop....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody want to join us on Lake Ouachita?

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 10.58.41 AM.png

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on down to Austin. Weekend weather forecast is looking good! [flag]
upload_2016-9-1_11-5-10.png