• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inline Fuses

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have seen several differrent parts that are for inline fuses. I need a 1, 2, 10 amp ones.

Any recommendations of which types are good especially in a Marine environment?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have seen several differrent parts that are for inline fuses. I need a 1, 2, 10 amp ones.

Any recommendations of which types are good especially in a Marine environment?
I would install a fuse block...that way you'll have more spots for anything you want to add in the future. Makes wiring easy.

Something like this would be perfect for you:

I've bought blue sea ones in the past as they were the most available....but there really is nothing to these things....so I'd consider a no name in the future.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
this thread got me researching a little. I hope to be working on some new electronics in the coming weeks. I have a marine fuse block as recommended by @Julian (and I thought I read that @HangOutdoors had one already) ... but anyway, I found these fuses onlin at a local car parts website. The fuse lights up when it blows. I like that feature especially where I plan to mount my fuse block. Instant trouble shooting. F6C5EBE2-C9B8-4F00-A4F7-D2AD7A8934D5.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I was considering doing another fuse block but figured it may be overkill. The wires in question where the 10 amp negative fuse that the Blue Seas ACR requires and the other 2 amp one was the Aux from the Trim Tabs require for the ignition tie in. Probably should of clarified this in original post.

One in the battery area and one under the helm. I figured for just the two right now it wouldn't make sense to put another fuse block in the battery area and another under the helm and use inline. Although, the I was contemplating the 3 inline ones that Yamaha puts in stock and I could cut those loose and put them all in a fuse block. Running short on space though.

I am using fuse blocks for everything else in the battery and helm area which are powered.

I ended up going inline ATC 14 AWG holders that I got at the local hardware store.

@Sonic Blue I have two fuse blocks but they have Positive and Negative terminals and wouldn't work in the scenario for these two wires. The fuse block @Julian linked would work but I would have only one wire on each.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For that many circuits I would agree with @Julian. Find a 6-pos. +/- fuse panel, I used BlueSea. Feed from the battery thru an in line circuit breaker and wiring to/from the panel rated for the inline breaker. And then you will have a few extra places to connect accessories in the future.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper That type of fuse block wouldn't work with the specific two wires I was looking to fuse see above post. As for feeding the Fuse block that I put in for power under the helm I have a 60 amp inline resettable circuit breaker between the fuse block and buss see the center lower breaker. That runs to the helm with 8 AWG Duplex Marine. In the Pic, you can also see my second fuse block which will handle things on the port side and some mods in the engine bay.

20210427_213604.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this thread got me researching a little. I hope to be working on some new electronics in the coming weeks. I have a marine fuse block as recommended by @Julian (and I thought I read that @HangOutdoors had one already) ... but anyway, I found these fuses onlin at a local car parts website. The fuse lights up when it blows. I like that feature especially where I plan to mount my fuse block. Instant trouble shooting. View attachment 148258
I am no expert and learning, but would you really want an ATO vs ATC in a Marine Environment? I think exposure to the elements wouldn't be a good thing.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I am no expert and learning, but would you really want an ATO vs ATC in a Marine Environment? I think exposure to the elements wouldn't be a good thing.
Hmmmm. I just assumed that’s what you put in them. I‘ll research again... I didn’t know there was a difference or a separate “ marine” fuse for those blocks.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's really not a Marine fuse per say. ATO is open at the bottom where moisture and the elements can get in. ATC is closed so the full fuse is sealed. They both fit in the same slot. How important that is I am unsure in real world tests, but I went with the sealed for piece of mind.

Not that I knew much about fuses, but the guy at the hardware store gave me an unsolicited 30 minute lesson on fuses yesterday when I rolled up in there looking for the inline ATC one. At least I have talking points for my next social event. :)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last time I make the pitch on this thread...

12v breakers are a thing, as low as 3 amps, there are even smaller if needed.

When you blow it, just push the button. Unlimited resets. With the fuse, it blows and you are out of luck unless you have a replacement. humble selfless pitch for a product I find really really useful.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Umm,,,,,see post #3...?
I don't know anything about how Yamaha does their electrical, but on my Chap, there isn't one "fuse" present, all re-settable breakers.

Last edited: