• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it normal for the dealer to charge you nearly double for an Scarab accessory from the website?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, i want to order the side graphics for my 215 scarab, the website lists them for 513$. I called my dealer to place this order and he wants to charge me over 900$ for this kit.

Am i missing something, is the pricing listed on the Scarab website dealer pricing? they mark it up from there?

Im lost by all of this lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is that an installed price?

I have found that dealers mark up their prices....because they can. Many customers never check.

You can buy the Yamaha reverse gate cable for $80 at many stores. My dealer wanted $285 for the exact same cable in a Yamaha OEM plastic bag. (they are Teleflex/Telestar cables).

So moral of the story...order it online and save yourself a bundle, or let your dealer chose to sell it at a competitive price (or not at all).

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You cannot order Scarab Accessories online... they are only available through dealers. Trust me, i would much rather just click a button online to order these, rather then talking to anyone on the phone lol

That price is not installed, because its drop shipping right to me.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You cannot order Scarab Accessories online... they are only available through dealers. Trust me, i would much rather just click a button online to order these, rather then talking to anyone on the phone lol

That price is not installed, because its drop shipping right to me.
Maybe try a different dealer?

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ha! At least your dealer responded. I tried to get a price on mats for my ski deck last summer. When they found out that was all I wanted, they wouldn’t return my calls.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Seems high but maybe that's normal? Like $500 is the wholesale and $900 is retail? Agree with @Dean P , I'd definitely check with another dealer.

That being said, I'm looking at adding tower speakers, which are a $780 upgrade according to Scarab's website. If you go directly to Kicker's site you can get the parts, speakers and enclosures, for about $550. Amazon's around $100 cheaper! Go figure!

FYI, when we bought our boat, part of the deal was to throw in the impact graphic (my wife really liked it). The dealer told me that the 'decal' was around $400 plus 5 hours of labor (to remove the old one a put on the new one) for a total of just over $1000. We didn't pay that but was one of the incentives for taking the floor model. Infer from that what you will.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I piece mealed my 8" tower speakers. Bought the cans/pods off Ebay ($115) and Revo Wetsounds ($265 - Refb) from Creative Audio and a simple pair of swivel mounts from Amazon ($20). Had to modify the mounts to make it all work but in the end saved a lot and it sounds great. Really like the swivels; can point them anywhere.