• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JBP Casting Platform Slamming while Cruising

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anybody have ideas on how to prevent the JBP Casting Platform from slamming when cruising? I usually dont have anyone sitting up from so when I am cruising its constantly bouncing and slamming. I have the snap connectors connected to the support rails and the rubber connector conneced between the front and rear parts.
With just the front section in place it will actually bounce off the support rails. Irea really starting to irritate me.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have ideas on how to prevent the JBP Casting Platform from slamming when cruising? I usually dont have anyone sitting up from so when I am cruising its constantly bouncing and slamming. I have the snap connectors connected to the support rails and the rubber connector conneced between the front and rear parts.
With just the front section in place it will actually bounce off the support rails. Irea really starting to irritate me.
Need pictures to see what your situation is.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seems to me you have a couple of options.

The first would be to just install a dog bone on each side of the casting platform with a corresponding dog bone on vertical wall of the boat below and use a small bungee cord or something similar.

The second thing I can think of would be to use the OEM rubber type of hatch hold down, like the one that holds the two sections together, put one on each side of the casting platform with the latch point on the vertical wall below and that should hold it snug.

The third would be to use an elastic / rubber strap with a female snap in it and put a male snap on the vertical wall, thats probably the cleanest way to do it.

I’ve used mine very little but this is some great info for me as well, I’m definitely going to look into securing both the platforms better while installed. A lot of the time the two platforms ride in the head compartment until I need them.

Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seems to me you have a couple of options.

The first would be to just install a dog bone on each side of the casting platform with a corresponding dog bone on vertical wall of the boat below and use a small bungee cord or something similar.

The second thing I can think of would be to use the OEM rubber type of hatch hold down, like the one that holds the two sections together, put one on each side of the casting platform with the latch point on the vertical wall below and that should hold it snug.

The third would be to use an elastic / rubber strap with a female snap in it and put a male snap on the vertical wall, thats probably the cleanest way to do it.

I’ve used mine very little but this is some great info for me as well, I’m definitely going to look into securing both the platforms better while installed. A lot of the time the two platforms ride in the head compartment until I need them.
I havent used mine in a while, but used yesterday. It was a calm day and still slammed with minimal swell cruiing at 30 mph. I was thinking of taking the slack out of the snap connectors but am liking the OEM rubber hatch hold down. I think I will try that route and remove the snap straps all together.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
make a video so people can see how it is moving and possibly come up with a solution

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
make a video so people can see how it is moving and possibly come up with a solution
Im off the boat for at least a week but will next time out, but I will most likley just install the OEM type rubber hold downsnext time im out. I already found some on Amazon for a decient price.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im off the boat for at least a week but will next time out, but I will most likley just install the OEM type rubber hold downsnext time im out. I already found some on Amazon for a decient price.
Please share the link of the rubber hold downs.. I’d like to secure my casting platform and have a few spares on board, just in case.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last edited:

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The hold downs arrived yesterday. The ones I got did not have screws with them but thats ok as I can ensure I get stainless if I buy myself. Looks Like #8 Oval or Pan Head will work. 1" length will give a little more then 1/4" bite into the bottom of the platform. I don't remember how thick the core on the platform was when I drilled for the the table mount.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yesterday I removed the worthless snap straps and installed the rubber latches on the casting platform. Mojor improvement, its actually easier to lach those then the snaps were to snap. No more movement of the platofrm, We cruised 30 miles in 0.5-2 footer after installing. Very happy.. Thanks @FSH 210 Sport for the idea.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yesterday I removed the worthless snap straps and installed the rubber latches on the casting platform. Mojor improvement, its actually easier to lach those then the snaps were to snap. No more movement of the platofrm, We cruised 30 miles in 0.5-2 footer after installing. Very happy.. Thanks @FSH 210 Sport for the idea.

Love it when a plan comes together!