• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who moored by the bridge?

2B88FFFC-1B2F-41D7-9807-1EF08F19D9C5.jpeg

JerseyYami

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello guys, I’m happy to share that all turned out to be ok with us. I started out with Waterman and Betik to lighten the load on JerseyYami. The SEAWEED was a real issue and an important lesson. My crew on JerseyYami was full throttle and only going 20mph. We later found out it was the seaweed. When JerseyYami stopped with the group all hell broke lose with the engine overheating. I left waterman and Betik and got back on my boat and cut the group lose. It was hard watching everyone leave but we knew it was for the best for the group. I called Yamaha and the tech reassured us if we had cleared the seaweed she would eventually cool down and be good to go. We waited 20 minutes and fired her up. The warnings reset and we were back in business. We stopped about midway for about 10 minutes and threw 11 gallons in the tank. We actually arrived at Bimini, got a taxi to the airport, cleared customs, made an appointment at the shark lab, filled up the gas tank and watched the group we said good bye too earlier arrive after us. The looks on everyone’s faces was priceless. All in all it was an adventure of a lifetime and totally worth it in the end. For those of you getting ready to come over and join us pay attention to your boats and watch the dang seaweed. My family is proud to be a member of the jetboater family. We are making great friends here and we had a blast today at the Sapona.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good luck to anyone crossing this morning! Safe seas and travels :thumbsup:

Weather looks nice at the inlet...

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Second seaweed stop.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Safe Travels!

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I would like to take this time to thank everyone here and that made the sunday morning crossing. All tips and suggestions were greatly considered and executed. Unfortunately my boat about a mile away from the marina definetly was NOt ready for a crossing and gave up. The engine shut of in the canal and would not start. Luckily I was with a friend that towed me the rest of the way. Had boat us tow me back to the marina and leave the boat on the trailer since the parking was already paid for. With all that going on, a couple of us stayed up all night to figure things out before the 5:30am roll call.with everyone’s help we were able to get everything done. While in the process of seeing members arrive at the Bahia mar resort. Roll call was complete and we departed from Bahia mar at 5:45am with the center consolé lighting the way and using handheld spot lights everyone was in single file on the way to the inlet. I could see people on their boats and from those expensive houses point fingers at us as a group of 8 boats and 5 skis trolled them by. As we left the inlet, we pushed ahead at 25-30 mph. Knowing we had a few jets, we opted to place two center consoles and the cabin cruiser up front to chop up the seaweed as we formed a “V” and plowed forward. I knew we had a few new people that were crossing for the first time. And I know coming out the inlet can be challenging so we did not want to push to hard to fast until everyone was able to find their bearings. Cruising at 25-30 mph really helped us by being able to stay on plane which helped us with fuel economy. By placing the boats this way we cut up seaweed fairly well and no one had any issues of seaweed. We did not have to stop for that. We made a stop half way not only to take a break but to also give those that we’re falling behind time to catch up and make sure everyone from the roll call was accounted for. As I took head counts it gave everyone time to catch their breath, fuel check, and just stretch out. It was smooth riding after the break. Upon arriving to Bimini we headed straight to big game club where we cleared customs and were finally able to settle in. Being that we arrived early and me not having my boat, yadel from jetboaters, joe and Michele from my group and they are also with fL Jetski they really hospital and willing to help. One of our center consoles is currently having electrical issues where it too also gave out and spent most of day 1 trying to get it to start back up. Thank you guys for allowing us a place to stay through out this whole ordeal. I really can not express the amount gratitude I am feeling for the help they have shown us. We really do hope to spend as much tome with you all and make this a crossing to never forget

Current situation is we are on center insoles and hope to join you guys if still possible. We would love to create a weekly plan of activities to spend with the group if everyone would like.please don’t be shy to come up to us, I’ll be the one with a dive knife around his leg lol. I’d love to meet all of you guys and gals

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Better than being 32' UNDER water...
OK, that's taking the "submarine move" just a little too far!

Edit - ugh...@julian beat me to the punch line. Lol