• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck, Your pictures of 15B are the worst that I have seen at Bimini Sands.

I also am surprised that it is in the rental pool. I want to discuss it it with RBS as an example of what we expect not to happen.

I might have expected this from 14B which is a developer unit but not 15B which appears to be a homeowner unit. Interior maintenance and furnishing is the responsibility of the home owner but this one should not have qualified for the rental pool.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unit 21I was in very good condition (owner condo). My only complaint is that all of the mattresses were low grade innersprings and the pillows sucked . Was not expecting a $3k+ mattress and $100+ pillows but I nearly asked to move rooms because of it. Hearing other issues in other units I decideded not to chance moving but my neck and back regretted not moving every morning. I have since heard other untis are not much if any better in this regard

While on this topic if you are looking for a place to crash for just a few hours in ft lauderdale do not get fooled by a place called The Forum. Nice looking building from the outside and Small lobby done nice gives the feel of a nice place. A last minute app I was using showed a huge discount for the last minute one night stay so I figured what the heck it looks nice.

Showed up and everything seemed fine when checking in but first step in the elevator something seemed off, like gurney depth and width elevator off. Stepped out onto our floor and it was painfully obvious this was a former hospital of some kind. Given it was about midnight after driving all day and had to get up at 6am I tucked my lead delivery device under my pillow and we crashed.

Lesson learned. Stick to Hilton and Marriott.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My only complaint is that all of the mattresses were low grade innersprings and the pillows sucked ..
The mattresses are fine if you increase the fat from 2.5% to above 10% and if you are tired as hell. Bottom line make your family less athletic and you will be fine LOL

Last edited:

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The mattresses are fine if you increase the fat from 2.5% to above 10% and if you are tired as hell. Bottom line make your family less athletic and you will be fine LOL
I can attest to this. I was very comfortable in that condo and my body fat was way north of 8% :D

Screennameinuse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To give some positive feedback, our condo (20D) was great. We didn't have any issues with it. The curtains were fine, the water pressure was fine, and the aesthetics were as expected for a Caribbean resort. There was no direct wi-fi but there was a note with multiple neighbors wifi passwords, so there was no issue there either. Aside from getting kicked out of our slip on day two, because the "owner" showed up, everything worked perfectly. Sorry for the hassles some had; if you're looking for a good condo to stay in, 20D was fine.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We should put together a google doc on the condos to track them....any volunteers to do that? Score them on multiple factors with a number scale and a total score? Condition, furnishings, water pressure, beds, etc

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had we been on this trip and been assigned 15B we would NOT have stayed there. I don't know what we would done for lodging, but wouldn't have been at the Sands. All the time, money and energy to get to paradise and to be stuck staying in a dump with crooks running it is just a disgrace. I admire ya'll for sticking it out. Someone needs to call that bald guy from the Hotel Impossible show and get him out there and straighten that mess out.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had we been on this trip and been assigned 15B we would NOT have stayed there. I don't know what we would done for lodging, but wouldn't have been at the Sands. All the time, money and energy to get to paradise and to be stuck staying in a dump with crooks running it is just a disgrace. I admire ya'll for sticking it out. Someone needs to call that bald guy from the Hotel Impossible show and get him out there and straighten that mess out.
why not consider coming for 2019 and you can observe us from the high rise pool at Hilton how we manage with no bathrooms at the pool and half the ACs non working ......

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
why not consider coming for 2019 and you can observe us from the high rise pool at Hilton how we manage with no bathrooms at the pool and half the ACs non working ......
The no barthroom at the pool is not a deal breaker (could be if you thinking about where everyone is pissing) but little to no ac is a no go in my book. I dont mind dealing with a little bit of "oh thats just the island life" but ill be damned if i am gonna sweat my ass off after sweating my ass off all day in in the sun. Just my 2 cents

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny! But no! I'll look forward to pics, videos and reading the (horror) stories.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I were talking about where we'd like to stay next year, and as much as we like the seclusion and quiet of the Sands, we won't be staying there unless there is significant improvement overall. We will either stay at the Hilton or we'll rent a house on the canals. It's not that our condo was unacceptable, although it was a little rough, but for 400 plus a night, we expected a little more.....everything.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am Sitting in a training class and board as hell so I started looking at vrbo for bimini.. . There are many that have good looking houses with free dockage cheaper than when i paid at the sands. With no dockage fees. Most are on the canals in south bimini... Other than not being with the group what is the down side of the canals?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am Sitting in a training class and board as hell so I started looking at vrbo for bimini.. . There are many that have good looking houses with free dockage cheaper than when i paid at the sands. With no dockage fees. Most are on the canals in south bimini... Other than not being with the group what is the down side of the canals?
The lack of insect spraying on the canals and your boat moving up and down with the tide making it much more difficult to tie up and boarding / deboarding more difficult.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The lack of insect spraying on the canals and your boat moving up and down with the tide making it much more difficult to tie up and boarding / deboarding more difficult.
I got kids... Sounds like entertainment watching them fall into the water..... Well.. . Until us old people try to get out..

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was in the canals last year. The tide moves a good bit. The bug were a non issue. Other than the people and the pool there is no down side.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could hang out at the Sands pool with the gang if you wanted.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Define people? And I assume u meant no pool...
The people who made the trip and yes our plce did not have a pool. But we did get a buzz and ride some bikes down to the sands and hung out for a bit