• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Damnit Swatski, and you had the best response to that question yet with actual photos from Yamaha!!

Sorry for killing your thread Will, we tried. Time to start a new Thrust Vector Wake thread, as this one is officially hijacked.

Ok we'll get this train back on the rails with some new video and information this afternoon.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Although the popcorn and watching has been fun, I think the best way to get this thread back on track is for Will to post some more Videos of that TV Testing and tantalize us poor bored thread watchers with some clean wakes....

waiting...patiently waiting...

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What about pulling a tube from a pop up pylon?

—Asking for a friend

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although the popcorn and watching has been fun, I think the best way to get this thread back on track is for Will to post some more Videos of that TV Testing and tantalize us poor bored thread watchers with some clean wakes....

waiting...patiently waiting...
I think I just stumbled upon Will's video. @JetBoatPilot, Very nice!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^ Looks damn good to me. This is a good enough wake for most anyone, but maybe a pro.

I couldn’t get our Moomba Mobius LSV to make that good of a wake..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to leave a comment on YouTube and in the Facebook forums. This is an excellent video!! Very well done as well.

Decorum does not allow me to fully express how I feel right now! Excited? Yes, let's stick with excited. WOW WOW WOW!! I'm so jacked now.

Thanks for waiting to share an excellent example of this wave. I am also impressed with the heelside skills of your surfer!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have clearly been on both sides encouraging and picking. Hopefully it was all useful in some way. Is it the best wave I have seen behind a yami? No. Is it darn impressive considering how it is being achieved? Heck yes! Is two surfing ropeless at once impressive even if seems to me a bit of work for the surfers? Heck yes!

I will admit I did not think would be that good but am glad it is even if needing ballast which there is just no getting around IMO. Now just one more bonus type question. What does the wakeboard wave look like? Sorry had to ask because I want it all and a box of chocolates.

Great video too.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So all I need is to finally get my order, and round up 5 more fatass buddies...I think I'll have to tell them I'm not supplying lunch tho!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have clearly been on both sides encouraging and picking. Hopefully it was all useful in some way. Is it the best wave I have seen behind a yami? No. Is it darn impressive considering how it is being achieved? Heck yes! Is two surfing ropeless at once impressive even if seems to me a bit of work for the surfers? Heck yes!

I will admit I did not think would be that good but am glad it is even if needing ballast which there is just no getting around IMO. Now just one more bonus type question. What does the wakeboard wave look like? Sorry had to ask because I want it all and a box of chocolates.

Great video too.
I'll get wakeboarding video soon.

Last edited:

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so I've never surfed but i thought you did it on the outside of the wave where it curles/breakes

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The best push is just forward from there. The Thrust Vector Wake and ballast bags make that pocket cleaner and larger plus the wave taller.

212xcarbon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great! Is there still $100 rebate when old Thrust Vectors are returned?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes there is.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
take my moneyyyyy! Oh wait, I don't have any right now...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wakeboarding wake looks similar to my 242 with no ballast and 4 people on board with two exceptions. One is the spray in the middle is knocked down which is nice but I don’t really see it helping with wave height or curl in the video but I guess possible it is a bit firmer. Two is the dude who can pull regular and switch tantrums on a wake that small. Seriously that guy is a beast.

I had to look back at the surf video after seeing that. The rider is obviously very good, the ballast/crew weight is obviously helping a lot but I still think TVW is still helping too. Hard to tell just how much but I think a decent bit.

@JetBoatPilot has also shown us something very interesting. He weighed down the swim deck in the middle to get the wave bigger and then listed with internal ballast (people in the cabin this case but internal ballast would work). Shows just how key fine tuning ballast placement is. Again I am sure that the TVW is helping given what I don’t see just before the wave breaking and what I do see under the water. It it is hard to tell just how much it is helping in both videos without side by side. Great overall result just the same.