• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Additional savings passed on to the customer, as well?? Lol

Great work! Looking forward to seeing your innovations!
Doh! @tabbibus posted about a minute before me. Lol

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Easier is certainly better. Looking forward to the results. If possible, can you show it with extra ballast and/or perhaps a yamaha wakebooster. I'm sure everyone wants to see it with other enhancers...not sure what you have available.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m sure I’m going to get grief for this posting, but I really don’t care.

So, this is basically evolving into a set of fins “always down” at speed with a spray deflector?

May I also point out the deflector, if robust enough, is like a trim tab - it will change the boat’s attitude. Not necessarily bad, in fact a lot of people might like it, but it will certainly affect the ride and top speed.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not always down. Always up at speed. The always down approach is not recommended as we have made very clear over the years. I think once you see the final product your analysis will change @swatski

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not always down. Always up at speed. The always down approach is not recommended as we have made very clear over the years. I think once you see the final product your analysis will change @swatski
I really am curious!
I don’t know what will hold the deflector and fins down at no wake but let them come up on plane. I guess the weight and the deflectors angle.
Like I said, I’m very curious.

Edit: The way I see it, the deflector has to be pretty robust to beat the wake down. Which will make it want to pop up at lower speeds?

But I guess we’ll wait and see.
I hope it’s not like im being obnoxious asking questions about product development, I think its been explicitly teased for some time now.

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really am curious!
I don’t know what will hold the deflector and fins down at no wake but let them come up on plane. I guess the weight.
Like I said, I’m very curious.

We'll post new images asap.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What I find troubling is that this is still a work in progress. You've already taken pre-orders and don't even have a product that's tested and proven? I feel bad for the early adopters of this product since they will be the guinea pigs.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is a perfecting of a solid concept. The early adopters saved $200 and will get the same product the late adopters get on or before the ship dates promised.

We communicate these findings as part of our culture of being transparent and a part of this community.

Any new product goes through changes as it nears production. You're witnessing something very exciting in my opinion. You're seeing something new and innovative coming alive. It will be as good or better than originally advertised and will be easier to understand and operate.

Thanks for your opinion though, it is helpful believe it or not.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would love to see a comparison between the yamaha wake booster and the thrust vector wake to see which one is better for your money. I have been seeing videos of the wake booster on stock 242x and 212x and the wake on the booster side is very impressive.The wake booster is designed for surf point enabled boats without modification to the nozzles and free surfboard. If you guys can get your hands on the wake booster I would love to see them compared.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What I find troubling is that this is still a work in progress. You've already taken pre-orders and don't even have a product that's tested and proven? I feel bad for the early adopters of this product since they will be the guinea pigs.
Not sure we should feel bad about them. They know very well going in it is a pre-order. They can cancel it if they don't like the way things are being developed. Also they can return it if it turns out to be a dud. That is the whole thing off being an early adopter.

zwillz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would love to see a comparison between the yamaha wake booster and the thrust vector want to see which one is better for your money. I have been seeing videos of the wake booster on stock 242x and 212x and the wake on the booster side is very impressive.
Where have you seen videos of the booster besides the old guy surfing behind the 242x? Ive heard know one has recieved theirs, and are way behind on shipments, maybe im wrong. These are 2 different products from my understanding.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to see a comparison between the yamaha wake booster and the thrust vector want to see which one is better for your money. I have been seeing videos of the wake booster on stock 242x and 212x and the wake on the booster side is very impressive.
Don't forget to include the Wake Wedge for comparison, the original wake deflection device that has been around for 5 years.

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where have you seen videos of the booster besides the old guy surfing behind the 242x? Ive heard know one has recieved theirs, and are way behind on shipments, maybe im wrong. These are 2 different products from my understanding.

I've seen a few videos posted on here Via Facebook links. Your right in the fact they are totally different approaches for the same objective. Obviously thrust vector wake would be much better if it was as effective because you never have to take it off. I would just like to see what it's like in the real world environment.

That's just one review but if you search the forums you can find a couple Facebook links of other independent reviewers. So far it looks really really positive.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Troubling? It's a preorder (at significant discount) for something that was very obviously still in prototype form when announced. If it doesn't deliver on promises, or if JBP refused to honor is already decent return policy, that would be troubling.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What’s troubling... this thread now has serious potential to turn into a cocktease prom date... (and I hope I’ll have to eat my words)

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At least you wont have to eat... never mind...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pre-orders have their place. Look at kickstarter where I have backed many “projects” and always gotten my “reward” by being selective. Some of these would never come to fruition without funding and while there are duds and first iterations aren’t always the best the folks backing the projects know that. Compare that to @JetBoatPilot who even has a refund policy that he stands by. He gets to gauge the market while developing to a quantity expecation which can dictate a lot. He gets zero percent captial to do all of the things that development and bringing a product to market require and the pre-order customers get a big discount and are the first to receive it. He also gets target end user feedback along the way which leads to a better product and word of mouth starts to spread ahead of the official product launch. He has a track record after the lateral thruster project that proves a well designed and built product will be what is put in customer’s hands.

I own seadek and throttle syncs from JBP and have found the customer service excellent. I am aware of their other products but have choosen the competition in those cases as I felt they were a better fit for my use case. It is great having choices and to have choices we need innovators. I am hopeful that this product will materially improve surfing and wake boarding. That said I am to taking the wait and see approach which will cost me more money if I decide to purchase down the road.

I am certainly a bit more dubious about the surf benefits as a standalone product with only one setting on a twin engine boat. With a ballast induced list and the wash knocked down it will certainly help but will it be enough for a normal person to surf ropeless? Wouldn’t being able to put a different setting on each jet help with the bias of the wave? Wouldn’t knocking down surf side jet 20% and non-surf side 40% cause the pocket to widen a bit and the opposite for the pocket to deepen as an example? That said a single setting is easier for everyone and if it helps enough with the tubing spray and wakeboard wave I might have to get a set and still use another product.

I am anxious to see comparisons with all options out there for surfing. The wedge with a custom transom bag is the current king for yami jetboats at this time from what I have seen and read. @jcyamaharider innovated both of those products in his own way. The yamaha scoop/booster thing is new this season and now there will be this new device from JBP as well. All three used different methods to develop their products and all three are very different. Choices are good and what is best for one person may not be best for another. I can’t wait to see the results of head to head testing amd those even willing to try products in tandem.

Bottom line is I want a ropeless surf wave on my jetboat. I also want a better wakeboard wake on my jetboat. While methods do matter for me results matter more.

No need for fluffy rainbow colored unicorns but lets not drag each other through the mud either.

Rant Over

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will say I would prefer the different settings and ability to pick which "mode" I want it in. I feel like you could have used non surf side like mainah mentioned to further manipulate the wake.

Will be interesting to see how the one setting does for all 3 aspects of use.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At what speed do the fins come completely up. Tubing at 20-25mph has the effect to knock down the spray but it doesnt do anything at 30+?

Do they weight significantly more then current fins or do even those take a certain speed before coming completely up?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length