• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
At 20 mph, which most people wakeboard between 18-22 mph the wake looks non existent?

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
At 20 mph, which most people wakeboard between 18-22 mph the wake looks non existent?
I might be wrong but I think it just looks that way because the wide-angle lens on the go pro or whatever Camera they are using. a better perspective will be from another boat or watercraft behind the vessel.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with you about the go pro. The wake is still there but the lens is wide angle so it skews it some. I believe we shot with the same settings on each outing but wind and light conditions may have varied a bit so the appearance can be tough to replicate 100%.

We'll try to do a fixed mount on the next comparison shoot.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Get me boat Thurday! Can't wait to take her out, but also to have my wife drive it hopefully have her want the TVW and LT!!! Cause I sure as heck want them.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out the latest Single Engine Video showcasing the dry tube ride made possible by the Thrust Vector Wake! This video features our test rider Thomas (who's just been cleared to start getting back on a board) riding our Molecule tube. We're using a 60 foot rope and operating at 20,22 and 25 mph. Wind conditions were about 10mph and we had about 1-2 foot chop in the bay. Not exactly ideal tubing conditions but we made the best of it. Enjoy!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any luck lately with testing twin? How was weather/water

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any luck lately with testing twin? How was weather/water
Weather has been windy, testing Wednesday and weather permitting we'll shoot video too. New version of deflector just came in and were looking for our best test yet this week. Hope to move to production on twins soon. Singles have already been green lighted for production.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Weather has been windy, testing Wednesday and weather permitting we'll shoot video too. New version of deflector just came in and were looking for our best test yet this week. Hope to move to production on twins soon. Singles have already been green lighted for production.
I saw a picture of a ballast bag on the 19, but no wave photos???

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So I’m more then curious as to how we got from an adjustable 3-4 way unit as initially shown to a fixed unit and now the prospect of having to buy MORE for ballast in the rear. In my opinion it just seems we’re getting less of a product and now have to spend more money on ballast. Can Will or anyone shed some light on this? I really haven’t seen a good explanation for this major shift. So if I missed something I apologize.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So I’m more then curious as to how we got from an adjustable 3-4 way unit as initially shown to a fixed unit and now the prospect of having to buy MORE for ballast in the rear. In my opinion it just seems we’re getting less of a product and now have to spend more money on ballast. Can Will or anyone shed some light on this? I really haven’t seen a good explanation for this major shift. So if I missed something I apologize.
To be fair Will has always said that this product was not intended to increase the size of the wake but rather its intended purpose was to clean up the wake/jet wash. He has always contended in more than one occasion/thread/conversation that you would still need ballast along with this product to increase the “size” of the wake. On the adjustable positions, the premise is that they found a way to get the same results by finding a “best” position and shape so it eliminated the need for moving parts that would have been more prone to wear and failure than the improved “no moving parts” version. You do have a point though for pre-order individuals getting something different than what they signed up for but I guess it’s up to interpretation if that is better or worse.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand the frustration of buying based on the early info we provided. I would have kept the system adjustable had we felt it was necessary. After testing for over 9 months we have learned that not only does the new fixed version provide an exceptionally improved surf Wake, Wakeboard Wake and tube ride, it also requires no Interaction from the user. This is a huge advancement and one that makes the product so much better than originally advertised. You won't need to concern yourself with whether or not you selected the proper setting, or teach someone else how to change the settings or my personal favorite, you wont have to worry with whether or not you forgot to turn the system off when cruising at 50mph. It is now a worry free system that allows you to go play and not spend extra brain power on setup. You've got enough on your mind when driving a boat full of people. We want to make it simple and I believe we have done our part to help.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Close to $1000 for 550 pounds of ballast that you cannot ditch thru the entire day........ :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"
You can choose how much ballast you buy and where you place it. We chose this much because we wanted to fill the bag and see what it did. As people begin To experiment with their favorite setups it could be found that less works just as well. We think water bags will still be a part of people's ballast system overall, but steel shot has it place giving the user the ability to fine tune the shape.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I don't have a wake series boat, I think adding the ballast bag helps to show those who do have a 212X or 242x what is possible with their boat right out of the box.

For myself, I appreciate the peek at whether it would be worth my investment to add ballast, should I decide to attempt wakeboarding behind my 210, and just what the result might be.

Just my thoughts on this, given that wake boarding isn't why I got in on the pre-buy, but might look to dabble in when the grandkids get a little older. I see this as a potentially future-proofing mod.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Maybe it’d be easier to just get a v-drive?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
While I don't have a wake series boat, I think adding the ballast bag helps to show those who do have a 212X or 242x what is possible with their boat rightoout of the box.

For myself, I appreciate the peek at whether it would be worth my investment to add ballast, should I decide to attempt wakeboarding behind my 210, and just what the result might be.

Just my thoughts on this, given that wake boarding isn't why I got in on the pre-buy, but might look to dabble in when the grandkids get a little older. I see this as a potentially future-proofing mod.
550 pounds of lead ballast that you have to keep all day = $1000

550 pounds of wet ballast, that you can ditch ( bag and pump ) = $515

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You do have a point though for pre-order individuals getting something different than what they signed up for but I guess it’s up to interpretation if that is better or worse.
This is it, in a nutshell. The type of ballast that he used is irrelevant if you feel like it's not going to suit your needs. The more real-world examples Will can show, the more informed you can be to make your own decisions on this.