• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lakeside Hotels

IndySmittyYammi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a bunch of free nights through a hotel booking website, and I'd like to explore the idea of using them for lake season. Anyone have any recommendations for hotels that are ON THE WATER at lakes or rivers in the midwest? We're in Indianapolis and are ok with drives up to 8 hours, so we're open to a lot of places.

Any recommendations?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not midwest but Lanier is only 10 hours from Indianapolis. Margaritaville at Lake Lanier Islands has a hotel. There is a waterslide park on the island as well as restaurants and other activities. Landshark Cove has daily slips that are pretty cheap (I think $10 or $15 / day).

And of course we are having our Lake Lanier gathering on 6/29 :)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Hotel Fremont on the Wolf River is a nice place I can personally vouch for. You have several lakes, all connected, to boat around to, I have plans with the neighbors up north to take a trip on the Fox River nearby, through the locks.

In Oshkosh, near Team Winnebagoland where a number of folks have bought their boats, there's the Best Western in Oshkosh on the waterfront. Depending on the time of year, there's the ampitheater really close by that you can boat right up to, there's the EAA that can be gotten to nearby - not on the water, but close enough to consider visiting around that time of year.

Here's the chain that is near my place up north - starting with Partridge Lake, connects via the Wolf River to Lake Poygan (the lake I'm on). Poygan connects to Lake Winnecone, then Lake Butte des Morts (Oshkosh) and Lake Winnebago. If you're up for camping, Calumet County Park is right on Winnebago, but that's for when you run out of hotel perks :p

Lastly, I dunno if your hotel perks will work for this, but I'm considering trying to hit Mackinac Island with the boat. It looks crazy fun to me, but it might just be outside your travel limit.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you think the Hotel Fremont is a possibility, I'll make every effort to meet up with you for a drink or twelve, unless that'll sour the deal. Then, I'm a ghost! 91934

IndySmittyYammi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Hotel Fremont on the Wolf River is a nice place I can personally vouch for. You have several lakes, all connected, to boat around to, I have plans with the neighbors up north to take a trip on the Fox River nearby, through the locks.

In Oshkosh, near Team Winnebagoland where a number of folks have bought their boats, there's the Best Western in Oshkosh on the waterfront. Depending on the time of year, there's the ampitheater really close by that you can boat right up to, there's the EAA that can be gotten to nearby - not on the water, but close enough to consider visiting around that time of year.

Here's the chain that is near my place up north - starting with Partridge Lake, connects via the Wolf River to Lake Poygan (the lake I'm on). Poygan connects to Lake Winnecone, then Lake Butte des Morts (Oshkosh) and Lake Winnebago. If you're up for camping, Calumet County Park is right on Winnebago, but that's for when you run out of hotel perks :p

Lastly, I dunno if your hotel perks will work for this, but I'm considering trying to hit Mackinac Island with the boat. It looks crazy fun to me, but it might just be outside your travel limit.
We do a week long trip to the inland waterway in northern Michigan every year. We boat up to Mackinac at least once each trip. It’s a pretty fun place to visit. I’ve never stayed in the hotel, but visiting for the day is really cool.

The straights can get a little crazy between the seas and rollers created by the ships and barges. It’s a super quick trip from St. Ignace or Mackinaw City on a nice day.

I can’t recommend the inland waterway enough. I just wish it was 4 hours closer!