• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking for advice <buying/offer on AR192>

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I contacted this gentleman on Facebook about his 2014 AR192 for sale

I told him I needed to check with my bank about value and he sent me this screenshot
1628005431542.jpeg

I don’t believe the boat is worth that much as my bank said most of the things he is listing were standard equipment but he was Adament about the value so I just left it alone.

I did tell him I would give him $25000.00 cash for it and he said no thanks. I thought it was a fair offer but maybe I’m wrong.

am I off??

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nope I think you are right on the money. Check NADA for boat prices and the Yamaha price is with the trailor. There is a * next to the price indicating that price is with the trailor.Screenshot_20210803-114938_Chrome.jpg

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
See, I was thinking same thing. Just seems crazy to me. Almost like he was trying to double dip with the standard features..

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Also the suggested price is msrp when new. When I purchased my used 212S my credit union would only loan me 10% below the average retail. They wanted 10% to 20% down depending on your credit.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
See, I was thinking same thing. Just seems crazy to me. Almost like he was trying to double dip with the standard features..
He was trying to double dip for sure.

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah, he may be holding onto it for a while. I will keep looking...

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
NADA probably hasn’t fully adjusted for the high demand and lower supply of boats right now. People definitely seem to be asking for premium prices across the board, so you may end up above the guide price for a desirable boat in good condition.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I sold my AR192 almost 3 years ago for $26,000 and I felt like it was probably a fair deal then. I would have liked to seen a little more to offset the taxes I paid that private parties don't pay here in MN, but it was fair for the age of the boat and market. I believe the boat was around $32,000 brand new. I also had wheel/tire upgrades, ballast upgrades, and tower speakers on mine. I think he is being a little crazy even in this inflated market. Your offer is very good.

Last edited:

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
the market is definitely starting to come down as more boats flood the market recently. A few months ago he could have gotten that price.

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies.. everyone on this site is always super helpful.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
NADA probably hasn’t fully adjusted for the high demand and lower supply of boats right now. People definitely seem to be asking for premium prices across the board, so you may end up above the guide price for a desirable boat in good condition.
NADA has 100% adjusted to the crazy high prices that boats are being "sold" for. Not asking for. And for that matter, it has not adjusted for the seasonal drop that we are seeing in our region for "asking" prices let alone what they will finally sell for.

I have shared this example of one boat I assisted with. NADA has it's average retail for 50% higher than what my buddy paid for it less than 24 months ago. It is most definitely adjusting as it's based on actual recorded sales.

Those that responded above are correct, there are very few options you will add in an NADA price estimate, they are all included other than the type of trailer, which has little impact on value unless someone truly needs the Galvanized trailer for salt.

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The guy messaged me last night out and told me he would take 26k for this AR192. I’m sorta torn now because it seems a lot of people upgrade to 210 or 240 series, so I wonder if they are just too small, obviously everyone’s situation is different. We just sold our 21 foot Sea Ray and it was a great length with plenty of room, but we only have 3 in our family plus usually a friend or 2 comes along. Wonder if a 192 would get crowded with 5-6 people?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The guy messaged me last night out and told me he would take 26k for this AR192. I’m sorta torn now because it seems a lot of people upgrade to 210 or 240 series, so I wonder if they are just too small, obviously everyone’s situation is different. We just sold our 21 foot Sea Ray and it was a great length with plenty of room, but we only have 3 in our family plus usually a friend or 2 comes along. Wonder if a 192 would get crowded with 5-6 people?
19' boats are on the small end for a family and some friends. I started with an LX210 (19' boat), then went to an SX230, and then a 242X. You can never have too much room! Many people go for the 19' boat because they want to put it in their garage. I advise against that.....its a PITA trailering a boat to begin with, then having to play around to get it under the header to squeeze into a garage....ugh.

One phrase is "buy your 2nd boat first".

Now I'm not saying a 19' boat isn't right for some people, but consider how many friends you want to bring....

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wonder if a 192 would get crowded with 5-6 people?
I dont have a yamaha, but i do have a sea doo of the same size. rated for the same amount of people. I have taken six people out before and things get cramped fast. Its not so much the people, because they'll just sit in one spot, but more so their luggage and what not. Towels, coolers, clothes etc. and again, i cant speak for the yamahas, but with me and the lady, my boat is plenty fast. with 6 people, you can forget about speed. Still a perfect boat for me and my budget. But if you have gotten used to the size of a 21'er and can afford one of the same size, i wouldn't hesitate.

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I dont have a yamaha, but i do have a sea doo of the same size. rated for the same amount of people. I have taken six people out before and things get cramped fast. Its not so much the people, because they'll just sit in one spot, but more so their luggage and what not. Towels, coolers, clothes etc. and again, i cant speak for the yamahas, but with me and the lady, my boat is plenty fast. with 6 people, you can forget about speed. Still a perfect boat for me and my budget. But if you have gotten used to the size of a 21'er and can afford one of the same size, i wouldn't hesitate.
I am kinda on that same thought process. We loved the way the 21' handled waves and chop cause it had a beam of like 8'2. I loved that we werent crazy crammed in it, but I can never guarantee we will always have 5-6 people, but it seems like as of late. Just dont want buyers remorse for buying a boat that is too small and will be underpowered once you put 5-6 people on it..

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
One phrase is "buy your 2nd boat first".
That makes alot of sense in this situation. I think it may make it to where I go with a 21' boat instead just because it makes alot more sense.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 19ft is fine if you don't have a family or know a lot of people. I've been using my 19ft for 3 years now and i'm happy with it. The most people i'll bring is 6 total on the boat. I tell people not to bring too much crap and then I anchor by the beach so we can spread out. I could go bigger but there's a lot of other things that I want to do before spending more money on a boat. Finish paying my truck, buy a house, etc.

$25k is crazy for a 2014 AR192. I bought mine for $20k with 98 hours back in 2018, but now the market is crazy..
I financed my AR192 and at the bank, I insisted that the boat has all the options so the NADA was like 28k and I was only asking for 20k. The reality is, all those things are standard on the boat and your seller is dreaming.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My perspective is if you have doubts about the 19fter, I would go to a 210 at least. I've had my SX190 for three years now, absolutely love the boat, great for cruising around. Mainly it's just myself and the wife on the boat, but have had my brother and sister in law with their 4 little ones out on the boat a couple of times. (4 adults and 4 kids under 8) Had plenty of room because kids that little don't take up space. We've already began talking about upgrading to a 212S or a 252S because I keep thinking in 2-3 years those little kids will be bigger. I've been on the fence all summer about listing my current boat for sale.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My perspective is if you have doubts about the 19fter, I would go to a 210 at least. I've had my SX190 for three years now, absolutely love the boat, great for cruising around. Mainly it's just myself and the wife on the boat, but have had my brother and sister in law with their 4 little ones out on the boat a couple of times. (4 adults and 4 kids under 8) Had plenty of room because kids that little don't take up space. We've already began talking about upgrading to a 212S or a 252S because I keep thinking in 2-3 years those little kids will be bigger. I've been on the fence all summer about listing my current boat for sale.
Biggest tip with kids closer to 9-10 and into their teens, when they bring a friend, they entertain themselves. It's always a much better boat ride when your kids have a friend with. Space can be a concern at that point. (I mean come on, give me a reason to upgrade!)