• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden Voyage Failure 2021 252SD

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
where did you get your cover, share link please
Shipping cover came with the boat...although it was for a regular 252, so not mine exactly. Mooring cover came a few months after I got the boat, which I ordered at the dealer.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've probably put 10 more hours on it. No problems since thankfully!
Im stoked to hear you’ve had those hours of trouble free operation! I hope that continues indefinitely!

snowman_audio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I get my boat back tomorrow. Say a prayer for me. Apparently the wires are supposed to be secured to the board. Any movement of the wires can cause the errors to throw. Note the diagram below for proper installation in case anyone else has this problem. Mine were not attached with clamps at all.

View attachment 175589
I know this is an old thread but these issue keep coming I see with x-drive boats. Looking at this diagram I see 2 of those connections that need to be zip tied down. But my 252SD only one. Mine was not zip tied down. So I did that, but I still can’t get the port side motor out of neutral.

should I have another cable on the other side? It is plugged with a rubber stopper

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread but these issue keep coming I see with x-drive boats. Looking at this diagram I see 2 of those connections that need to be zip tied down. But my 252SD only one. Mine was not zip tied down. So I did that, but I still can’t get the port side motor out of neutral.

should I have another cable on the other side? It is plugged with a rubber stopper
That whole module in the pic is only the steering. Left & right. The gray box on the floor is the neutral, forward, reverse. Turing the batteries on and off does not clear the codes look though my threads I have the process.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Switch the red level to manual then slide the silver knob back and forth. To see if it will move freely. If not keep it in manual and try and move it by hand at the reverse bucket.

Attachments