• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Member Titles under your name-how are they determined?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
See I knew it. I don’t even have to try. LOL
@robert843 I may suck in general but I have been 40+ hours rope free. :woot: And in a sense I feel uninitiated

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
See I knew it. I don’t even have to try. LOL
@robert843 I may suck in general but I have been 40+ hours rope free. :woot: And in a sense I feel uninitiated
I feel ya there I have yet to suck up a rope either so I have not claimed those points yet as I do not want to jinx myself.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian in today's society we expect a trophy just for participating. My posts aren't "liked" and often don't provide any real value. I demand a category that gives me recognition for just showing up ... I want a participation trophy and rankings category like "forum participant" ;-)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian in today's society we expect a trophy just for participating. My posts aren't "liked" and often don't provide any real value. I demand a category that gives me recognition for just showing up ... I want a participation trophy and rankings category like "forum participant" ;-)
But @Ilmmct likes are so easy to get just post stuff that many people find useful like this here is an instructional picture of how to do hanging crunches from a wake tower surely this will be searched on here and get many likes for it usefulness.
image.jpeg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ilmmct excellent point. Which reminds me.....
@Julian English is not my native tongue therefore I am in a disadvantageous position to earn trophy points. Can you lower the benchmark just for me?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Interesting idea.....now you have me thinking....an "Anti participation" trophy could be awarded.....if you don't show up in x days.....we dock you points! LOL

I'm actually a little serious here....if you haven't been on the forum in over a year or two...you likely aren't really a member anymore....and members might message you not noticing this....perhaps we should have your banner title change to inactive? Hummmm

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian ... as the saying goes "either the carrot or the stick" ... works for me, because I am a regular "participant" just not high valued stuff worthy of a flag officer title.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian ... as the saying goes "either the carrot or the stick" ... works for me, because I am a regular "participant" just not high valued stuff worthy of a flag officer title.
You'll get there....just keep posting....as there are trophies for simply posting too! :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Julian ... We have discussed this and seen it first hand, where a years old thread is suddenly activated, when a new member does a search (finally), and a historic thread is brought back to life. It's all good, but the new poster hasn't looked at the post dates to see that the thread was years old. He is expecting answers from posters, that may no longer participate. Even though we participate today, we can't predict our participation in the future...things happen. So I am on board with a banner to indicate an inactive member.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Julian , I'm coming up on my 1 yr and was looking over my points and was wondering if I qualify for the
Awesome likeable to Posts ratio!!!
You are in a special class...you've posted at least 200 Posts and have a posts to likes ratio >.5 (which only applies to "likes" and means you have for example 200 posts, and >100 likes). This means you post good stuff as it is overall well liked! Thank you for your contribution to the forum! (sorry I can't make it count the ratio of positive ratings to posts)
Just curious, Thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian , I'm coming up on my 1 yr and was looking over my points and was wondering if I qualify for the
Awesome likeable to Posts ratio!!!
You are in a special class...you've posted at least 200 Posts and have a posts to likes ratio >.5 (which only applies to "likes" and means you have for example 200 posts, and >100 likes). This means you post good stuff as it is overall well liked! Thank you for your contribution to the forum! (sorry I can't make it count the ratio of positive ratings to posts)
Just curious, Thanks
Not quite, you have 228 posts and 105 likes, you'd need >114 likes....but you sure are close!

Benoit

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any chance of a jet boat mechanic title? I’ve learned more about them in the last six months on here than I ever would of thought. Also seem to be working(tinkering,upgrading) on one more than enjoying one. Lol. All kidding aside thanks for the info

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any chance of a jet boat mechanic title? I’ve learned more about them in the last six months on here than I ever would of thought. Also seem to be working(tinkering,upgrading) on one more than enjoying one. Lol. All kidding aside thanks for the info
The challenge with that is we'd have to come up with a way to "measure" if you qualify, and although the forum has lots of ways to award trophies, they are all about Forum utilization and not much else is easy.

This is intended as a fun way to incent people to participate and to show other members who participates more or less. I do hope we can expand the ways to award trophies....I would like to give big trophies for people who list their location! Only 25% of members list a location....

Benoit

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I get it. Just having fun. I would be jetboat mechanic apprentice trainee jr. little long though.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a few questions on how the title ladder works with Trophy points with all the changes we've had with the forum software lately. This thread shows the user titles and the points required to get to each level.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It would be cool to see some sort of emblem once you reach the military ranks...
Here are some inspirations for them emblems that could be displayed next to the names of those who reach Lieutenant-Fleet4*
Inspired by the U.S. Navy Rank Badges
@Julian If JB would be interested in doing this I would be willing to edit them to the staff's liking.

Fleet Admiral 4 star:
Fleet4.jpg
Fleet Admiral 3 star:
Fleet3.jpg
Fleet Admiral 2 star:
Fleet2.jpg
Fleet Admiral 1 star:
Fleet1.jpg
Admiral:
admiral.jpg
Captain:
Captain.jpg
Commander:
Commander.jpg
Lieutenant:
Lieutenant.jpg
Officer:
Officer.jpg
Also proposed removing Fleet Admiral and add Officer?

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It would be cool to see some sort of emblem once you reach the military ranks...
Here are some inspirations for them emblems that could be displayed next to the names of those who reach Lieutenant-Fleet4*
Inspired by the U.S. Navy Rank Badges
@Julian If JB would be interested in doing this I would be willing to edit them to the staff's liking.

Fleet Admiral 4 star:
View attachment 168943
Fleet Admiral 3 star:
View attachment 168952
Fleet Admiral 2 star:
View attachment 168951
Fleet Admiral 1 star:
View attachment 168946
Admiral:
View attachment 168947
Captain:
View attachment 168948
Commander:
View attachment 168949
Lieutenant:
View attachment 168950
Officer:
View attachment 168953
Also proposed removing Fleet Admiral and add Officer?
Cool idea. I wonder if there is a xenforo mod that would display it easily?