• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Member Titles under your name-how are they determined?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The titles under your name reflect a member's activity on the forum and are call "Trophy Titles". There are a bunch of different Trophies you can earn - most of them related to how many posts you have or how many likes you've received. Trophies are listed here: https://jetboaters.net/help/trophies. For each Trophy you earn, you are awarded points. As your points add up, you progress through a number of "Trophy Titles" as follows:

1614285953048.png
Maximum points right now are 1500....we might have to ponder in a few years what comes after "Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 4*" (4 Star)!

Curious to see who's at what point level.....check out the tally here:

https://jetboaters.net/members/

EDITED to show all the titles.

Last edited:

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Loves Jet Boat More than wife=150
Loves Jet Boat More than life=200

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Jet boat wizard

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not being a moderator or administration i seem to be testing all of these...lol

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I noticed on the list of trophy points there is 10 points for being banned on the other forum, how about points for being banned from PM people and having your posts approved before going public on the other forum.

I have been trolling the other forum and a few people have had issues that weren't being answered or others asking about the Bimini trip so I have been directing them here. I guess Brian did not approve of my enlightning people that there is a another (my opinion a much better) option for information about our boats.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The "Banned on YJB" flag in your profile is up to you to decide when it annoys you enough to flip that flag. PM banning, being moderated, Banned from their FB page etc could all tip someone over the edge enough! Trophies are for fun....HAVE some!

I have noticed that there may be a bug in the Media image counter....need to look into that....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like "Jet Boat Wizard"....also makes me wonder if we should use Military ranks? There are a lot of those....
I suggest "Rear Admiral" as one of the upper titles :winkingthumbsup"

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jet Boat Guru

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And I think your counter isnt working... I have 26 likes and I am just a "Member" not an "Active Member" lol

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
And I think your counter isnt working... I have 26 likes and I am just a "Member" not an "Active Member" lol
It's not likes it's trophies the change it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct.....with posts and likes etc you earn Trophies . Each trophy is worth Trophy points....these move you up the Trophy Title Ladder as shown above. @Englewoodcowboy you have 18 Trophy points, which can be seen on your member page when you click on your Trophy Points link on the left side - 5th row under your Avatar photo. When you click that, this is what you will see:

image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now I'm feeling competitive. Can I buy points? Money can go towards site maintenance and / or swag. I'm an addict not a lover.

What is to prevent someone from gaming the system by say posting one word posts like: it, was, hot, today : to boost their post count?

Just noodling guys, as I find myself at a rest stop near the amusement park we plan to go to later today. Left last night so we would not have to drive all 5 hours this morning. Not regretting it but of course we are having an unexpected heat wave back home and the high at the amusement park location will be 102 today. I can hear my boat saying, "You don't love me anymore!"

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ronnie you are killing me. It is 34 degrees here and my boating season is essentially done.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now I'm feeling competitive. Can I buy points? Money can go towards site maintenance and / or swag. I'm an addict not a lover.

What is to prevent someone from gaming the system by say posting one word posts like: it, was, hot, today : to boost their post count?

Just noodling guys, as I find myself at a rest stop near the amusement park we plan to go to later today. Left last night so we would not have to drive all 5 hours this morning. Not regretting it but of course we are having an unexpected heat wave back home and the high at the amusement park location will be 102 today. I can hear my boat saying, "You don't love me anymore!"
Funny you should ask....The next version of the forum has a lot more support for moderating users...like thread reply bans (if a user starts replying useless responses etc). I'm hoping we don't have to use any of it!