• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And THAT is how to properly take your family to Atlantis!!

That trip looked amazing -- great aerial footage!!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I left Fort Lauderdale my boat had 12.3 hours and when I returned to Fort Lauderdale it had 58.8 hours, I would assume @1948Isaac had similar hours total hours.
Wow that was a good break in.... i was at 104 hr before leaving fort lauderdale , now i am 163.8. That puts me at 59.8 hr... thats about the same as @Andy S .Its time for an oil change again. @Britboater

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who had a better ride? the AR240 or the R5? My mother in law has an R7 -- Nice boat, but I Find myself enjoying my boat in a different way. Dont get me wrong, if someone handed me the keys to a cobalt, I would take it. :)

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @MrMoose How did you family end up feeling after getting home? Did they like the trip and would they doit again
The return crossing was half as bad as going there. When we crossed to Bimini, all 4 passengers (not crew) in my boat were talking about booking a flight back, and leaving me to take the boat back on my own, ... , which was fine with me. It's easier without them, but it's more interesting, and memorable with them. As the week progressed, I think that they started to understand what it was all about. By the end of the week, there were no return flight plans.
In the end, I'll have to see if I can get enough "happy" goPro footage together to make them forget about the stress that they experienced during the crossing to Bimini. The weather and seas were beautiful when we were departing, but we got held up by about 45 minutes which put us in a less than favorable situation with a storm that was closing in from the north. As you know, 5 mph makes a huge difference with our boat, and we pushed as hard as we could. @ThatJeepGuy went WOT all the way with his 190 once we eventually got underway on the initial crossing. I believe that he, like you, also has to pack a few lbs lighter to accommodate for the size of his genitals.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow that was a good break in.... i was at 104 hr before leaving fort lauderdale , now i am 163.8. That puts me at 59.8 hr... thats about the same as @Andy S .Its time for an oil change again. @Britboater
That's some going, better have the boat freshly serviced before setting off then.
I really fancy tagging along next year, I spoke to the better half this afternoon and showed her your video, and she's nearly in, so I'm half way there :D.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Who had a better ride? the AR240 or the R5? My mother in law has an R7 -- Nice boat, but I Find myself enjoying my boat in a different way. Dont get me wrong, if someone handed me the keys to a cobalt, I would take it. :)
I didn't get to ride on @Andy S boat but i imaging that it should be a better ride than mine boat because his boat is heavier and it helps keeping him on the water, but in the other side the advantage of the jetboat is been able to do full speed in shallow water with out having to worry about props etc, but in my opinion the cobalt is a much better boat in many ways, more space, beautiful rear platform , better fiberglass construction, hydrolic wake tower etc , etc. lots of compartment etc. Now i cant complain for what my boat is, base on what i pay for... It gets the job done for what i do but definitively will upgrade in a near future to something nice. The better the boat the more $$$$$ is going to cost you.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's some going, better have the boat freshly serviced before setting off then.
I really fancy tagging along next year, I spoke to the better half this afternoon and showed her your video, and she's nearly in, so I'm half way there :D.
Good to hear

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Were you guys able to just move around as you wanted or did you have to have it all planned out and scheduled ahead of time?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was on both boats on the trip and all I can really say is they are both very different boats. I thought they both handled well you can tell the R5 is a heavier more sturdy boat. The 2015 AR240 really did impress me though it handled it a lot better then I thought it would going in there is a big difference in the way the new hull design handles this stuff compared to my 2011 SX240. I was on the fence on getting a new boat in 2-3 years and really was not expecting it to be another Yamaha but after this trip is maybe another one. Andy's Cobalt was really nice with a great finish def better then Yamahas but I still love the no out drive thing of a jet.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The return crossing was half as bad as going there. When we crossed to Bimini, all 4 passengers (not crew) in my boat were talking about booking a flight back, and leaving me to take the boat back on my own, ... , which was fine with me. It's easier without them, but it's more interesting, and memorable with them. As the week progressed, I think that they started to understand what it was all about. By the end of the week, there were no return flight plans.
In the end, I'll have to see if I can get enough "happy" goPro footage together to make them forget about the stress that they experienced during the crossing to Bimini. The weather and seas were beautiful when we were departing, but we got held up by about 45 minutes which put us in a less than favorable situation with a storm that was closing in from the north. As you know, 5 mph makes a huge difference with our boat, and we pushed as hard as we could. @ThatJeepGuy went WOT all the way with his 190 once we eventually got underway on the initial crossing. I believe that he, like you, also has to pack a few lbs lighter to accommodate for the size of his genitals.
LOL .... Well I hope they had a great experiences beside the crossing and great memories that is what really counts at the end, and glad that you guys made it safe back home.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was on both boats on the trip and all I can really say is they are both very different boats. I thought they both handled well you can tell the R5 is a heavier more sturdy boat. The 2015 AR240 really did impress me though it handled it a lot better then I thought it would going in there is a big difference in the way the new hull design handles this stuff compared to my 2011 SX240. I was on the fence on getting a new boat in 2-3 years and really was not expecting it to be another Yamaha but after this trip is maybe another one. Andy's Cobalt was really nice with a great finish def better then Yamahas but I still love the no out drive thing of a jet.
@robert843 Got the opportunity to ride on both boats so he knows the differences

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you guys able to just move around as you wanted or did you have to have it all planned out and scheduled ahead of time?
It was loosely scheduled. We had reservations in Bimini and Staniels Cay so we knew when we planned to be in those locations. In the Exumas we had a list of places we wanted to visit and there are a bunch of other locations that would have been nice to go to but we had limited time. We took the top things we wanted to see down there broke them up into north of us and south of us hit some of the north items on the way down to Staniels then let the weather dictate which days we went south or north depending on the forecast. We took the heaviest wave forecast day and did things near Staniels. So we had it partially planned but let there waves and weather determine the actual days we did things.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks... I think i order them at overton.com but i can check and confirm
Those things are pretty bad ass if I had a tower on my boat I would have bought them as soon as we got back. Also thanks for the Panda education @1948Isaac I probably listened to that song like 20 times on my drive home from Fort Lauderdale lol.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those things are pretty bad ass if I had a tower on my boat I would have bought them as soon as we got back. Also thanks for the Panda education @1948Isaac I probably listened to that song like 20 times on my drive home from Fort Lauderdale lol.
Man thats funny >>>> Panda nation LOL