• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's a video we put together. I originally thought I had a good bit of footage close enough to both @Andy S and @1948Isaac boats where you could really get feel for the bouncing you have running across the ocean. However, my GoPro I had mounted around my chest was either covered with water, salt, or just not close enough to there boats. The footage of the water itself just doesn't capture the swells and motion that you experience. Anyhow, there are a few different clips that you haven't seen up to this point from the other videos and a few clips we high jacked from @1948Isaac's video to complete our journey from FL to Nassau. Part 2 will pick up from Nassau...more to come on that.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man you guys are killing me!! I think I want to go worse than the kid does now!!

I've gotta start preparing for my trip now! June 2017 - HERE I COME!!!

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's a video we put together. I originally thought I had a good bit of footage close enough to both @Andy S and @1948Isaac boats where you could really get feel for the bouncing you have running across the ocean. However, my GoPro I had mounted around my chest was either covered with water, salt, or just not close enough to there boats. The footage of the water itself just doesn't capture the swells and motion that you experience. Anyhow, there are a few different clips that you haven't seen up to this point from the other videos and a few clips we high jacked from @1948Isaac's video to complete our journey from FL to Nassau. Part 2 will pick up from Nassau...more to come on that.

Bro Nice Video.. You Guys did an awesome Job ( well your wife) LOL LOL LOL Just kidding ... Very cool.....I am ready to go back already

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man!!! The dudes on the skis are true warriors! They deserve the iron ass award! A very common trophy for long distance motorcycle riders!!!

Love the little one waving as y'all pull up!!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man you guys are killing me!! I think I want to go worse than the kid does now!!

I've gotta start preparing for my trip now! June 2017 - HERE I COME!!!
Unless you fly your crew to the end destination, you will probably need to prep them the most. This is a long trip and will probably involve a lot of pounding. I hope your crew will be ready for that or it will be a longer miserable trip to and from the destination.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless you fly your crew to the end destination, you will probably need to prep them the most. This is a long trip and will probably involve a lot of pounding. I hope your crew will be ready for that or it will be a longer miserable trip to and from the destination.
Yeah I started looking at the distance to some of those locations and am starting to think it would have to be a VERY broken up trip. I'm thinking Bimini first, then break up the day going to Nassau then back to Bimini before going home.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I started looking at the distance to some of those locations and am starting to think it would have to be a VERY broken up trip. I'm thinking Bimini first, then break up the day going to Nassau then back to Bimini before going home.
If your last stop is Nassau, I wouldn't take your boat, especially if you are staying at Atlantis, just leave your boat in Bimini and fly from Bimini to Nassau and back. Plus there is not much to do with/on your boat around Nassau. Just my two cents.

@Ramblin Wreck wife and daughter flew from Nassau to Bimini so he can give you some insight.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thats a great idea! Thank you @Andy S . Would you feel comfortable leaving your boat in Bimini while you were gone though?

@Ramblin Wreck - any knowledge you can forward would be very helpful.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thats a great idea! Thank you @Andy S . Would you feel comfortable leaving your boat in Bimini while you were gone though?
I would be comfortable leaving my boat in Bimini, especially at Bimini Sands. Stating the obvious, just make sure all the easily stolen electronics/expensive equipment is either off the boat or locked up on the boat. In 5 trips to Bimini I have never had an instance were I thought anything would be stolen.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

@Ramblin Wreck - any knowledge you can forward would be very helpful.

I agree with @Andy S thought regarding Atlantis being the final destination. I would even add, if you did want to take your boat you would probably have to dock somewhere else as I believe the Atlantis has a minimum size limit of 50ft. You would want to confirm that however. Their marina is nice but meant for much bigger boats and you'll see some amazing yachts. Other then saying you took your boat there (which I completely get), I'm not sure there is another benefit. Atlantis itself is a large enough attraction where boating wouldn't be needed. You'll have plenty of entertainment. In regards to flights, I paid just under $70 per ticket with Bahamasair to fly my wife and daughter from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. I was very happy about that. My wife found a lady that was recommended on several travel sites as a taxi service. She was waiting at the airport to pick them up and took them to the Atlantis. After our time in the Exumas, we dropped them back off in Nassau and the same lady meet us and took them back to the airport. That worked out real well. I don't think you have a lot of commercial opportunities for flights from Nassau to Bimini. They flew Western Air I believe and it was $100 per ticket. They had no issues with either flight.

Here's what I would recommend if you really wanted to go to the Atlantis yet still have the boating experience. Somehow, take your boat to Bimini a couple days prior to next years official Bimini trip. Fly the majority if not all your family from FL to Nassau directly (it's cheaper and they will not lose a day due to travel) and then you can fly from Bimini to Nassau. Then spend 4 nights at the Atlantis. They typically have specials for those that stay 4 nights. That will give you enough time to enjoy the big resort style vacation. Then fly everyone back to Bimini and enjoy 3 or 4 nights there. There is plenty to explore by boat in Bimini over the course of 3 to 4 days. Then time it where you leave and travel back to FL (whole family) with the rest of the jetboater group for comfort in numbers. This will give your family the full experience (Atlantis, Bimini by boat, and a 55 mile ocean crossing). IMO that would be a great vacation.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with @Andy S thought regarding Atlantis being the final destination. I would even add, if you did want to take your boat you would probably have to dock somewhere else as I believe the Atlantis has a minimum size limit of 50ft. You would want to confirm that however. Their marina is nice but meant for much bigger boats and you'll see some amazing yachts. Other then saying you took you boat there (which I completely get), I'm not sure there is another benefit. Atlantis itself is a large enough attraction where boating wouldn't be needed. You'll have plenty of entertainment. In regards to flights, I paid just under $70 per ticket with Bahamasair to fly my wife and daughter from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. I was very happy about that. My wife found a lady that was recommended on several travel sites as a taxi service. She was waiting at the airport to pick them up and took them to the Atlantis. After our time in the Exumas, we dropped them back off in Nassau and the same lady meet us and took them back to the airport. That worked out real well. I don't think you have a lot of commercial opportunities for flights from Nassau to Bimini. They flew Western Air I believe and it was $100 per ticket. They had no issues with either flight.

Here's what I would recommend if you really wanted to go to the Atlantis yet still have the boating experience. Somehow, take your boat to Bimini a couple days prior to next years official Bimini trip. Fly the majority if not all your family from FL to Nassau directly (it's cheaper and they will not lose a day due to travel) and then you can fly from Bimini to Nassau. Then spend 4 nights at the Atlantis. They typically have specials for those that stay 4 nights. That will give you enough time to enjoy the big resort style vacation. Then fly everyone back to Bimini and enjoy 3 or 4 nights there. There is plenty to explore by boat in Bimini over the course of 3 to 4 days. Then time it where you leave and travel back to FL (whole family) with the rest of the jetboater group for comfort in numbers. This will give your family the full experience (Atlantis, Bimini by boat, and a 55 mile ocean crossing). IMO that would be a great vacation.
Thank you very much! This is all new to me but I'm sold on it and looking for the best bang for my buck and time. That sounds like a great plan.

I'm already working on getting things together for next year's trip! Thank you all for all the info!

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you very much! This is all new to me but I'm sold on it and looking for the best bang for my buck and time. That sounds like a great plan.

I'm already working on getting things together for next year's trip! Thank you all for all the info!
No problem and I hope it works out for you. The other benefit of leaving your boat in Bimini is you'll have a much easier time finding insurance this covers you in Bimini if you're not covered there already. It will get tougher if you decide to go all the way to Nassau. Get ready to open you wallet however. These trips are definitely not cheap, but very rewarding. Take a lot of video and pics and when it's 30 degrees in the middle of winter, you can reminisce of the sun and fun with your family. Good luck

Last edited: