• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
30deg? Winter? ... oh God no!! We live in lower Alabama. We only have early summer, summer, late summer, and fall.
(Our normal December/January day is around 40-45deg)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
30deg? Winter? ... oh God no!! We live in lower Alabama. We only have early summer, summer, late summer, and fall.
(Our normal December/January day is around 40-45deg)
Lol! Same here in Dallas. Maybe throw in 2 weeks of Spring!!

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just ordered the (will be in today) Samson Sports double rod holder and thought my tower in my 12' LS is 2 3/8. You can not beat those Stryker's for that price, however it says 2'' diameter, will they work and do the new boats have a thinner tower? Or did I measure wrong?
https://samsonsports.com/shop/bolt-on-fishing-rod-holders/
Cheers to a great 4th of July weekend.

Attachments

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S It was really nice meeting and chatting with you toward the end of your trip - it's great to put faces with these names.. Boy - did I think we were making a journey until I saw the videos of you fella's trip. Totally freaking epic !! I was sore from watching the skis for about 30 seconds, Man of Steel award for those guys !!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Andy S It was really nice meeting and chatting with you toward the end of your trip - it's great to put faces with these names.. Boy - did I think we were making a journey until I saw the videos of you fella's trip. Totally freaking epic !! I was sore from watching the skis for about 30 seconds, Man of Steel award for those guys !!
Thanks, it was very nice meeting you and glad to hear you had a great Bimini trip. The soreness of our Exuma boat trip might be similar to your soreness when you trailer back home, glad you only had one issue with one flat tire.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S Mr Trailblazer - I think we all here owe you a big debt of gratitude/thanks for setting up the Bimini fling and putting it all in motion!

And the Exuma trip guys, particularly those on skis, were VERY fortunate to have you as the pilot and the tender boat.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just ordered the (will be in today) Samson Sports double rod holder and thought my tower in my 12' LS is 2 3/8. You can not beat those Stryker's for that price, however it says 2'' diameter, will they work and do the new boats have a thinner tower? Or did I measure wrong?
https://samsonsports.com/shop/bolt-on-fishing-rod-holders/
Cheers to a great 4th of July weekend.
Man, those are very nice rod holders.. my boat tower pipe is 1 and 7/8 I believe but the rod holder should bring different rubber shims for different tower sizes

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, it was very nice meeting you and glad to hear you had a great Bimini trip. The soreness of our Exuma boat trip might be similar to your soreness when you trailer back home, glad you only had one issue with one flat tire.
Nope, you're modest. 700 miles of small craft boating is tougher on man and machine than 6800 miles in a pickup (unless you ask my wife) Ha ! We ran out of gas in WY on the way there and waited about 2.5 hours for gas and had the one blowout on the way home. I feared much worse from highway animal enounters. Things really went quite smoothly.

Last edited:

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's part II. It resumes with us arriving at the Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. We thought we would put a decent amount of Atlantis footage in there for those that might be interested in seeing a little of what the resort has to offer. The second half of the footage consist of our journey from Nassau to Staniel Cay. This was the first day we really were blessed with good to great water. During the first 40 or so miles prior to arriving at the top of the Exumas, we were able to run mid 30s to low 40s the entire way. For those that went to Bimini, you can imagine how thrilled we were. As we reached the Exumas and into its shallow and protected waters, the seas completely laid down and we were able to run as fast as the throttles would let us. It was a great day on the water. Hope you enjoy...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's part II. It resumes with us arriving at the Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas. We thought we would put a decent amount of Atlantis footage in there for those that might be interested in seeing a little of what the resort has to offer. The second half of the footage consist of our journey from Nassau to Staniel Cay. This was the first day we really were blessed with good to great water. During the first 40 or so miles prior to arriving at the top of the Exumas, we were able to run mid 30s to low 40s the entire way. For those that went to Bimini, you can imagine how thrilled we were. As we reached the Exumas and into its shallow and protected waters, the seas completely laid down and we were able to run as fast as the throttles would let us. It was a great day on the water. Hope you enjoy...

Great video. I've got to love the 4:45 mark, my wife (Cindy) is doing her jig on the swim platform.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck - That looked superb!!! Thank you for the Atlantis video clip.

But most of all I have to say great taste in music and perfect ending... that was one B-E-A-utiful sunset on the beach!! Thank you all very much - you have sold my wife on going. Now I just need to plan for next year. Debating on just the Bimini trip or going for the whole think like yall did, if I can find a group to go with.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ramblin Wreck - That looked superb!!! Thank you for the Atlantis video clip.

But most of all I have to say great taste in music and perfect ending... that was one B-E-A-utiful sunset on the beach!! Thank you all very much - you have sold my wife on going. Now I just need to plan for next year. Debating on just the Bimini trip or going for the whole think like yall did, if I can find a group to go with.
You'll have a great time regardless of decision.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When in Bimini where does everyone keep their boats?

Are there specific marinas that you suggest? Do you need to book them in advance as well?

Majorsmackdown

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Great video.. Your wife is doing a great job editing... Keep them coming...lol

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
I can assure you they work well and will hold your rods in place. If they didn't come out with Isaac driving across the ocean, they're not going too :)
EXACTLY!!! In fact I came up with a new name for him, Air Isaac! :winkingthumbsup"