• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You know I love the Seadoos. @ScarabMike can provide some insight on the new ones since he has one. The upgraded supercharger hopefully will be a big improvement since it supposed to be maintenance free. That's a big upgrade IMO. If it was me, I personally would purchase the 2016 RXT-X 300. The hull is great for ocean riding and you can ride 3 up. If your wanting to run buoys then I would imagine the RXP-X would perform better, but I'm not sure amateurs like us would tell a major difference between the 2. Only having 2 seats on the RXP-X would be a deal killer for me, but again I don't have a boat. I can't speak for the 2016s but previous model RXP-X didn't ride as good through chop (based on reviews I read) as the RXT-X would. They just handled a bit better. Both are super nice however.
I am 95 % inclining towards the 2016 rxt x

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Only @1948Isaac...hahaha... 5 to 7 footers and you can't go faster then 28. I imagine most would be well under that speed.
Also after a while (5 damn hrs ride back) for some reason I was really tired of going up and down, so the same day i.got home I end up ordering the tabs... hopefully they will help a bit

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also after a while (5 damn hrs ride back) for some reason I was really tired of going up and down, so the same day i.got home I end up ordering the tabs... hopefully they will help a bit
Pictures of the install and water testing would be great! I think only @Bruce so far posted on Lenco.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was it bigger then the day everyone said lets ride around Staniels Cay and we went out the channel and everyone else didn't follow? I don't know trim tabs would have helped much that day I remember being vertical most of that time lol.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pictures of the install and water testing would be great! I think only @Bruce so far posted on Lenco.

--
There is a guy that have Lenco heavy duty tabs on his 2013 ar240. And supposedly the make a huge difference. I will post pics as soonest I finish with the install and take it for a test

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a good days ride in decent conditions. Definitely a good ride in 5 to 7s.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was it bigger then the day everyone said lets ride around Staniels Cay and we went out the channel and everyone else didn't follow? I don't know trim tabs would have helped much that day I remember being vertical most of that time lol.
LOL I know , Definitively nothing compare to that. In this photo @robert843 probably was thinking: ( WTF is this guy thinking, )
DSC_5766 2.JPG

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
haha...if only you 2 would have turned around and seen Trudy's face.

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
haha...if only you 2 would have turned around and seen Trudy's face.
And i thought every one was smiling, maybe screaming ????? who knows. Me and @robert843 were trying to jump waves a bit higher but when we look back everyone else stayed on the other side. I guess no one wanted to join the party......LOL LOL LOL
DSC_5774 2.JPG

1948Isaac

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's what a meant. That's a long and rough day.
You know whats funny, my flag pole didnt get stolen on the bahamas, and the first day i get to keywest, in the first hour of been in the slip , flag pole was gone. I guess your safer in the bahamas than here at home...SSSHHH

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And i thought every one was smiling, maybe screaming ????? who knows. Me and @robert843 were trying to jump waves a bit higher but when we look back everyone else stayed on the other side. I guess no one wanted to join the party......LOL LOL LOL
View attachment 42403
That must have been the first wave. By the 3rd or 4th I thought I heard Trudy saying something but I couldn't tell if she was cussing or praying :)

That was fun for sure.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL I know , Definitively nothing compare to that. In this photo @robert843 probably was thinking: ( WTF is this guy thinking, )
View attachment 42400
I have video footage of us going out that day somewhere if I didn't delete it but it was worthless as all you could see was the bow of the boat lol. I thought the wtf thing well before we went out when @Andy S said lets ride around the island I already had looked at the the weather and knew what the conditions were I think I even looked at you when they came across the radio and said that and told you that was probably not a good idea. @swatski this was the day I decided I was going to buy a 15+ boat if you would have been there it would not have been a question as to which boat you were going to buy lol. @1948Isaac isaac was rolling into very heavy seas at about 35mph were where catching several feet of air every few seconds and the boat handled like a champ! It was bad enough that after I few minutes I turned around and no one was behind us everyone else didn't even follow us out. on @Andy S boat the woman were all telling him no way lol and he didn't have much of a choice to not follow or have a possible mutiny on his hands.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know whats funny, my flag pole didnt get stolen on the bahamas, and the first day i get to keywest, in the first hour of been in the slip , flag pole was gone. I guess your safer in the bahamas than here at home...SSSHHH
Wow...that's ridiculous. I guess your flag pole wouldn't fit the yachts down there :). That or the 10 people that lived there were honest.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That must have been the first wave. By the 3rd or 4th I thought I heard Trudy saying something but I couldn't tell if she was cussing or praying :)

That was fun for sure.
That must have been the second pass out the channel when we were just playing I promise faces didn't look like that the first pass out the channel at 35 mph lol.