• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MILWAUKEE - via water.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
How did you loose the bottom bushing?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I installed a lateral thruster, and must not have properly tightened he new bolt, nor did I check it after a few outings. Was out on the Mississippi River and noticed a lack of steering, found the bolt was not there. Before I could get it back to on the trailer I had to hard reverse to avoid a less than qualified captain trying to load his boat, and snapped the top of the nozzle off. Already have the new nozzle, and both original bolts, just not the bottom bushing.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I installed a lateral thruster, and must not have properly tightened he new bolt, nor did I check it after a few outings. Was out on the Mississippi River and noticed a lack of steering, found the bolt was not there. Before I could get it back to on the trailer I had to hard reverse to avoid a less than qualified captain trying to load his boat, and snapped the top of the nozzle off. Already have the new nozzle, and both original bolts, just not the bottom bushing.
Temp solution: Go to the hardware store (not big box place, an Ace or True Value as they have the random stuff) buy a nylon bushing/sleeve. If needed, buy one oversized and drill it out.
The nylon is soft enough to drill easily without needing too much pressure to hold it still (try a pliers or very loosly in a vice) and yet are pretty tough and will get you on the water.
FYI: I did that to one of the bolts that are on top of the pump attaching the cable to the reverse gate. Before bimini trip actually. Glad it held up, but yeah... I should order that or have one made quick.
Another solution: Just ask a machine shop to drill you up one quick. Probably cheaper than oem replacement and shipping. Then again, depends on the shop and how busy they are! Look for the small guys!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This sounds strangely familiar to my recent adventure. :( (Albeit not LTs that I was installing). I’ve got Jeff’s secret blue thread locking goo and super glue on my threads now. And, I poke my head in the nozzles every time we put the boat in water to make sure I can still see about 1 thread of that bolt sticking up in the nozzle.

Good luck getting it resolved. I’m actually planning to buy several of those bushings (it’s the same one used on the reverse buckets) after the season is over. And, maybe some spare bolts. I definitely lucked out when @Cobra Jet Steering LLC saved my vacation, and don’t want to have to rely on that again. :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I figured that was what happened, fortunately I can tell you what to do while you wait for the new standoff.
Be sure you have some thread locking compound or use a few drops of superglue in a pinch it will work fine just do not overdo it.
Now remove one of the standoffs from the reverse gate bolts you will be using that one on your nozzle, be sure to use thread locking compound when you install it so it does not fall out.
The nozzle is now taken care of for the time being.
Now you will need to make a temp bushing for the nozzle bolt.
Take an aluminum soda can and cut a strip about 10 mm wide. the size of the one you borrowed. Wrap the aluminum around the reverse bolt as close to the end as possible and try to make it close to the thickness of the bushing, place a small piece of tape to hold the aluminum together when you reinstall it in the reverse gate.
You will be using this as a temporary bushing for the reverse so place some Loctite on your bolt and reinstall that bolt in the reverse and do not make it tight DO NOT MAKE IT TIGHT!!! just put it close to the reverse.
The thread locking will secure it for the time being. The reverse does not put nearly the amount of stress and movement on this part as that the nozzle does so keep watch on the reverse bolt to be sure it does not loosen , the aluminum will protect the inside of the reverse bucket around the bolt so it does not wear into it .
You can use this until you get your part then replace the standoffs to their original locations as the reverse is slightly longer than the one on the nozzle. And you will be enjoying your boat

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure what the MKE river is looking like but Madison is flooded all to hell! I yea I assume it is safe to say this event has been shwacked.... well I'm still very interested in a cruise up the river. I'd like to drop in at McKinley cruise the shoreline and find a place to grab some food somewhere upriver. The thing is I don't know anything about what is available via the river, where I can leave my boat without it getting jacked (lol) or neat things to see along the way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a better place to drop in? How far up the river can you go? Are there any height restrictions? Please share some tribal knowledge!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
House peak.jpg
My reason for not going. Adding 400 square foot then gutting house essentially!

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was in Milwaukee today for a meeting at the UW so I drove over to McKinley and I must say that is a very nice launch. I also checked out the Milwaukee County Boat Launch which was a pain to get to and it only had 5 or 6 parking spaces.

I also scoped out the river a bit more and in all honesty there doesn't appear to be more than 3 miles worth of river that you can actually cruise on. If its nice and not windy I'm still going to head out there this weekend.boatmke.jpg

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@DogDad You can also boat up the Menomonee River past the Harley Museum. I usually go to the Twisted Fisherman which is just west of the 6th street bridge. Good food and plenty of dock space. I've also seen boats as far up that river as Third Space Brewing, but have not gone that far myself. You'll likely have to drop your tower to get under the railroad bridge, I always do, except that one time I had a good amount of people ballast with me. The Harley Museum does have a dock, albeit pretty small. My Aunt manages the restaurant at HD and I had originally asked her about hosting a big group of jetboaters there, but she mentioned how tight dock space is. I have tied off to their seawall before though.

You can also go down the Kinnickinnic River a ways as well. There is Barnacle Buds( at Skipper Buds) which is pretty cool. Very Jimmy Buffet-esque. You can boat all the way west of 1st street, which is where The Horny Goat Hideaway was. Kinda a bummer they closed, because that place was really cool, with great food/beer and a good amount of dock space.

Good places to stop on the Milwaukee River are really anywhere you can find a dock. Haha, jk, but sometimes it's kinda busy and dock space can be at a premium. I like going to The Harp, although they recently became the home of the "Paddle Taverns" which is pretty annoying. Lakefront Brewery is a good stop, if you're lucky enough to get their only dock spot you will likely have a very enthusiastic and friendly crowd cheering your docking skills. (It's not hard there, just point you bow up river and slide her sideways real nice.)

Rock Bottom Brewery is ok, mostly since if you dock in front you can walk across the bridge and take a photo of the Bronze Fonz with your boat in the background. Eyyyyyyyy!IMG_3927.JPG

Weatherwise, if the rain clears out in the morning like it's supposed to, should be ok. Winds out of the west/southwest are good as well.

I'm not totally out as far as going, I'll talk to the wife and see what's going on, and if I can get my boat back together per Jeff's advice, I think I can come out and play as well.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good info... I hope to get out there!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just got a call from my cousin. He's waiting on his bank loan for a 2018, 212x. Looks like we'll have 2 more jetboaters in the state for next summer. Although, I hate his guts for going for the 212x. But it's his payment, not mine. I'll stick with the AR210 I'm ordering from the show.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Count me in for at least one or two get togethers next season, I just put a deposit on a 210 FSH I’ll be picking up in the spring.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Quick update. We ended up getting the 2019 212x. It's a long convoluted story, will share out on the water. My cousin signed his paperwork last weekend on his new 2018 212x. So, we are open for business next summer and would love to travel to meet up. We're in SE Wisco, no issues trailering a couple hours to meet up for a day trip. Would like to hit castle rock a bunch, Winnebago, Green Lake and anywhere else you guys are meeting up. Cousin and I are planning some long weekends up in the Eagle river/three lakes area and hopefully the Lac Du Flambeau area up nort der hey. It's gonna be one long ass, crap-shit winter.