• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Movie Reviews - What's your thought about what you've seen?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All too often we go to a movie based on critics reviews only to find that we hate the movie. Then there are some movies that go to DVD so quickly that no one really gets a chance to see it. So if you see a good one that is worth seeing....post it up here.

I'll post my first suprising one:

EDGE OF TOMORROW:

Its already in the cheap theaters, and I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but heck--he gets killed over and over, what could be better! LOL

Well, I really enjoyed it, and my wife liked it too. Probably only good for those of you who enjoy scifi movies. This review (which does disclose things about the movie) says what I think pretty well:

http://cinefantastiqueonline.com/2014/06/edge-of-tomorrow-review/

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Transformers Age of Extinction

I went to go see this movie when it was released. The movie was ok, but very long. I think Micheal Bay wanted to do too much in this movie. It was supposed to be a reload of the series with new characters, bad guys, and a new plot. The humans now possess the tech to build their own transformers, but there is a huge twist.

Good movie, but I would wait till its out on Blue ray.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Watched "old boy" on Netflix the other night. Wow. I'd never heard of this movie before but holy crap! It was very good with an unbelievable twisted ending..

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Red , and Red 2. Both are relly good , me and my wife watched Red one night because we couldn't find anything to watch , and both thought it was better than we expected !!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Prisoner" with Hugh Jackman... Good movie..worth a view.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Didn't like Transformers, kid movie for the most part, and agreed, too long and drags.

Edge of Tomorrow, excellent futuristic plot and storyline, and great acting, comic relief here and there even though it might have not been intended, just a good movie and will invoke discussion.

Jersey Boys - story of Frankie Vallie and his boys, and their climb and fall. Cliche' but a very good movie along with the music. Both the wife and I enjoyed it!

Begin Again - about a gifted talent man (partner) for a music label he helped to start from scratch. Not produced much in years due to his genius and desire to hit the home run (my own take). Sees a girl sing on an open mic without any production or anything, and sees what she could be, takes it and produces her on a shoestring. Good movie and we enjoyed it, although is full of his disfunction and relationship issues that tend to cause it to drag briefly here and there...overall a great movie and we both enjoyed it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2013 with josh brolin. I think the other one has Japanese subtitles.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Blue Thunder.... :winkingthumbsup"

Sorry... just having a flashback...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Watched a movie last night I enjoyed called "About Time"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2194499/

Nice story that drives home the point of "Life is not a dress Rehearsal" - you don't get to do it over. If you are looking for something nice to watch with your wife....this might be it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lucy sucks....

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fairly new, if you like westerns you should really like "The Salvation". Very well made. The acting is superb. I highly recommend it. :cool:

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I took the kids to see "Guardians of the Galaxy" We all enjoyed it. It had action and comedy. If you're a child of the 80s, it has some good music and references to 80s culture. Make sure to sit through the credits to get a little chuckle at the very end.

I usually use Flixter on my phone when deciding which movies to go see. It shows Rotten Tomatoes from the critics, but if you click the movie it shows the user ratings too. User ratings are usually more accurate in my taste.

FYI, critics gave Guardians a 92%...users a 96%.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Want to see Guardians of the Galaxy and Edge of Tomorrow. Last movie I saw was the recent X-Men at a drive in. It seemed long but maybe that was because it was the 2nd of the night and late into the night as well. Was good though.

I can't wait for the Chris Kyle American Sniper movie to come out!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lone Survivor

Watched the movie tonight on PPV. Great action, based on a true story from Afghanistan about a small SEAL team whose mission in the mountains went bad...way bad.

Not quite as good as the book - tremendous book - but worth a watch. Except for an unnecessarily "Hollywood" ending, it's a very good picture. Not for the squeamish.

Good to get a reminder of what brave men and women do in far off places so we can enjoy the lives we enjoy at home.

Thank you to all who do or have served.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GTBRMC, the real SEAL who that movie was actually about (Marcus Catrell) was in the movie himself. No big parts, just rather a cameo, with the camera focusing on him a few times. Good movie, I thought, even though I'm ex-army.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Captain Phillips

The true story of the merchant ship captain whose vessel was taken by Somali pirates in spring 2009.
You may recall this story ended with decisive action by the US Navy.

Tom Hanks stars as Phillips, and this performance is one his best in years.
An unknown (to me, anyway) played the lead pirate opposite Hanks- Barkhard Abdi.
He was truly excellent. Very impressive performance, made the film for me.

Great movie.

PS: can you tell my wife & kids are out of town and I can watch what I want this weekend?:D