• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Pool Build

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can post pictures of the progress if there is interest. Here are some pics of the plan.
Many of us love to watch these project progress! Start a new thread and we'll follow along!

I agree with jlcj - that shallow area looks like a nice spot to put a lounger or chair and hang out!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I'd figure I'd close this one out. Here are the the final pictures.

rsz_2018-03-10_110724.jpg

rsz_2018-03-10_110907.jpg

rsz_2018-03-10_110912.jpg

Getting the thatch on top of the palapa was interesting. Consisted of me getting on a ladder in the pool armed with an electric staple gun. I was too close to a Darwin moment there.

rsz_2018-03-10_111105.jpg

rsz_2018-03-10_111153.jpg

rsz_2018-03-10_111536.jpg

Final verdict is that the kids love it and even though I'm spending too much to keep it heated on the weekends, it keeps them away from TV and video games. The spa gets used 3-4 times per week and it's awesome to sit out at night and look at the stars. Would I have done anything differently? So far no, but we'll see how it is after the summer use.

It will be interesting to see how much this will affect boating this season. I'm sure we'll be out less, but I think the days we do go it, we'll make it count.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Looks awesome! I am afraid to know how much that cost. I got a quote just get some pavers put down on the deck and the pool resurfaced... it was not cheap to say the least.

PS: The tall fence really looks great with everyone too.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @adrianp89 !! Let's just say that "all in" including landscaping and pet grass etc., I was about $80k. Sadly in north Texas, I'm on the cheaper end...some Pool Builders are advertising $100k backyard makeover specials. Insane.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks awesome!
Here in central Florida I dropped 55K in 07 for my pool with a screen enclosure, I believe I over paid

Those pavers!

Attachments

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
That looks awesome!
Here in central Florida I dropped 55K in 07 for my pool with a screen enclosure, I believe I over paid

Those pavers!
I was quoted ~18k to have my pool resurfaced and my deck done in pavers. A few other things in there like new skimmer and drain. Also I was quoted 16k for a screened in patio. I think 50k for a fresh build is fair. OP just went balls to the wall.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@adrianp89 good to know
Damn 18K for a resurface and pavers

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful job, congratulations. If you are like our family was it wont slow down the boating at all, use the pool all week then the boat all weekend. We built ours 18 years ago and was one of the best purchases for the family that I can imagine. Problem is that now the kids are out of the house and it rarely gets used but we still open it early and close it late, just in case.