• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Gym, I sent you the last four emails that you should have received in a conversation.

@cwoav8r, if your account is set up to receive emails then you should have received one when I tagged you in this message. If not hopefully the instructions on the first page will help.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Gym, I sent you the last four emails that you should have received in a conversation.

@cwoav8r, if your account is set up to receive emails then you should have received one when I tagged you in this message. If not hopefully the instructions on the first page will help.
Got it... that will help me set up my rule... Thank you for all you guys do!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ok, got that @Bruce. Guess it was fixed after the last help test was done. Thanks.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I set up my rule... if from contains "Admin@JetBoaters.net" and the subject contains "@ help" (I hope the space prevents an alert) it will redirect to my #@vtext.com.

We will see if it works... thanks @Bruce

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well... @MOA_Chaser 's last @ help request did generate an alert for me on the site, but it did not generate a "tagged" alert, which I assume would have generated an email. Only after I replied to the thread did it start generating emails... just trying to figure out what I m doing wrong.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... @MOA_Chaser 's last @ help request did generate an alert for me on the site, but it did not generate a "tagged" alert, which I assume would have generated an email. Only after I replied to the thread did it start generating emails... just trying to figure out what I m doing wrong.
I'm in the same boat.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat.
You are not doing anything wrong. Xenforo's alert systems seems to have a limitation of sending 10 emails for a single tag. I have asked Xenforo for assistance with this.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd sign up for the e-mail alerts but I check in HERE more often than I check my e-mail...

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd sign up for the e-mail alerts but I check in HERE more often than I check my e-mail...
I thought the same thing but my email has an audible alert on my cell phone so it would get my attention much sooner than my checking the forum.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome @Julian. Thanks to all you guys that make these features come to life. This site is awesome.

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I joined. How does it work? I will be living on a chain of lakes as of next month and would be happy to help anyone in need on my chain if i am home.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I joined. How does it work? I will be living on a chain of lakes as of next month and would be happy to help anyone in need on my chain if i am home.
@john94s1. A belated welcome to the forum. The "at help" feature is used by members if they are on the water and have a problem with their boat that may affect its operation or safety. It is NOT used if peoples lives or safety are at risk. For that you want to go through normal emergency channels in your area.

We have had very quick responses to people that have had issues such as broken steering cables, blown clean out plugs or taking on water usually due to a blown plug. Many of us have opted to adjust our preferences in order to get warnings sent to our cell phones so that we can respond quickly to a member on the water and in distress. So, if you're on the water and you have an issue that affects the operation or safety of your boat just start your post with @hel_. I didn't put the P on help as I would have had a dozen responses within minutes. Also if you include your cell number with your help post we can call you and walk you through your problem.

If you are unsure of the severity of your problem use this feature anyway. We would rather respond and find it's not a big issue than have you ruin your day or your boat. We have also saved a few family vacations by advising on field fixes to boats that allowed them to continue with their vacations safely. I hope this helps but ask away if you need further clarification. That's why we're here.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's one. Just lost all power to lights radio and cigarette lighter. Clearly a fuse. Anybidea where it is and is it a "circuit. Breaker" type I can just flick/reset or do I need a fuse? 2oo8 sx230 thanks!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like the 20 amp fuse on the wall next to the battery has blown. Checkout this thread, https://jetboaters.net/threads/no-electric-to-accessories.6928
Thank you Andy. I will check in a few days before I go out again. Is this one of those standard "glass fuses" I can pick up at an auto parts store? If so I will make sure I pick up an extra. I think my tube pump blew it but the odd thing is, all those fuse "buttons" under the particular switches on the dash would not "reset." Would this fuse you speak of blow the power to all my accesories? Thanks.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you Andy. I will check in a few days before I go out again. Is this one of those standard "glass fuses" I can pick up at an auto parts store? If so I will make sure I pick up an extra. I think my tube pump blew it but the odd thing is, all those fuse "buttons" under the particular switches on the dash would not "reset." Would this fuse you speak of blow the power to all my accesories? Thanks.
As @Murf'n'surf said it is a standard 20 amp blade fuse. And yes that fuse being blown will kill all the helm accessories.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP Guys I pulled the fuse located in the battery wall. It is 10 amp, not 20 as everyone says....Just an FYI and that is from the factory as this fuse has never been replaced. I will stick with the 10 amp and see how it goes.

Last edited: