• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On the water Help User Group - Join to Help or post @HELP when you are in urgent need

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP Guys I pulled the fuse located in the battery wall. It is 10 amp,not 20 as everyone says....what to do? The 10 amp hasn't given me a problem since day 1!
Put a 20 in there. That 10 amp fuse is limiting all of the accessories on your boat to 10 amps.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
....isn't this supposed to be a thread for people in desperate need for help on the water or during a trip. A mis-sized fuse that is not blown that has not given any problem should be a discussion question and not fit for this thread. I am a bit miffed that I tore myself away from work to contribute thinking I could help someone in trouble on the water like you guys did for me when I flooded my engine compartment and found out it was just a issue with a fuse. Just my opinion

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the @H___ word go in the post description or at the beginning of the body of the question? Maybe it doesnt matter as long as its in there somewhere?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doesn't matter where you put it, it will call in the troops.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
....isn't this supposed to be a thread for people in desperate need for help on the water or during a trip. A mis-sized fuse that is not blown that has not given any problem should be a discussion question and not fit for this thread. I am a bit miffed that I tore myself away from work to contribute thinking I could help someone in trouble on the water like you guys did for me when I flooded my engine compartment and found out it was just a issue with a fuse. Just my opinion
I agree that on water help was the primary purpose for this. I believe the OP was on the water when this began and continued the conversation while out. It may have been a little disjointed to begin a new thread. There will always be gray areas.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added this to a more prominent section of the FAQ and also updated the original post to clarify that you can't put the athelp call out in the title, it must be in the body of the post.

Also, newer members that are willing to help out...be sure to join the usergroup.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ahh see.... that was my question a few posts up. It has to be in the body and NOT the title. Good to know, good to know!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ahh see.... that was my question a few posts up. It has to be in the body and NOT the title. Good to know, good to know!
Yup...doesn't matter where in the body of the post it goes....just can't be in the Thread Title. Basically, if you don't see the name pop up in a box, then you aren't tagging the group. Should look like this:

help popup.jpg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the @H___ word go in the post description or at the beginning of the body of the question? Maybe it doesnt matter as long as its in there somewhere?
It needs to be in the body of the post.

carl raisor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
@HELP I am new to jet boating. I have a scarab 215 HO I was out today on the lake and ran the boat for about 15min and killed engines a relaxed with family. Started both engines just fine and as I got up to about 20 MPH I noticed a bunch of random debris on water. I immediately slowed down and when I tried to get back up to speed... the boat jolted and starting vibrating and the engines seem to have almost no power! I killed engines and started back up and there was a little bit of smoke! not sure what happened... Boat has 50 hours on it and is under warranty. Any help would be great... Scared that something major is wrong.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@carl raisor - did you clear the impeller of any debris?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@HELP I am new to jet boating. I have a scarab 215 HO I was out today on the lake and ran the boat for about 15min and killed engines a relaxed with family. Started both engines just fine and as I got up to about 20 MPH I noticed a bunch of random debris on water. I immediately slowed down and when I tried to get back up to speed... the boat jolted and starting vibrating and the engines seem to have almost no power! I killed engines and started back up and there was a little bit of smoke! not sure what happened... Boat has 50 hours on it and is under warranty. Any help would be great... Scared that something major is wrong.
I do not have this kind of boat but in general you sucked some debris into your pumps. The vibration is cavitation caused by debris in the impellers. If your boat has an open cooling system the debris may have also interrupted the cooling flow. You need to check the intake grates, the impellers and the water intake.

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As others have said, you are experiencing cavitation from something stuck in your jet(s). Remove whatever it is and you should be fine.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike - do the Scarabs have anyway to tell whether or not the cooling system is comprised - similar to the Yamaha piss ports? I know they are supposed to be closed loop.

carl raisor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Thanks you guys! I just saw these same issues when I did some searching. And yes its a closed cooled system. The engine temps stayed around 180 so I think that was fine. So when this happens on the water do I need to get out of boat to fix? or can it be fixed from inside the boat? thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, "a little smoke" may be normal on those. I think I remember that there's some weird heat exchanger thingy on the back that will occasionally put off some steam. I'm sure the Scarab guys will chime in, but I just wanted to put that out there to ease your mind a bit. If you can't clear the pump, just limp her home. Keep it slow enough to avoid the vibrations and it'll be fine.

carl raisor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
wow that sucks. there was a quite a bit of debris on the water. I will check it out in the am. I barely got it on the trailer because of the low power. I just hope this don't happen all the time. I will try to be a bit more careful I guess. I just dropped 45k on this boat so I was freaking out lol.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any warning lights on the dash?

Hopefully you have some debris in the impeller area and not a rope or twine.

carl raisor

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
no nothing, both engine temps were fine, everything seemed fine and it happened out of nowhere. and it was a 5mph ride back to dock 15 min and engine temps stayed below 185. I hope that its just something simple. but I don't even know how to fix it. everyone seems to lean towards an easy fix. so I guess I will get a crash course tomorrow on how to address some of these common jet boat issues. lol