• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found a southern Michigan lake that’s crystal clear, has a large sandbar, and is 10min from current “home”
Safe to say if I can’t find better than this I know where I’ll be purchasing a lakefront home!

Attachments

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
American Lake in Tacoma. Made a quickie decision to use one of the nice days we’ve had.0143FA4B-F8DF-4BD0-9750-5B3F95444912.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found a southern Michigan lake that’s crystal clear, has a large sandbar, and is 10min from current “home”
Safe to say if I can’t find better than this I know where I’ll be purchasing a lakefront home!
What lake is this??? We loved going to Torch Lake in northern MI. due to the crystal clear water & sandbar but the swimmers itch has made us wanting to not go back(daughter gets it so bad had to go to ER).

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What lake is this??? We loved going to Torch Lake in northern MI. due to the crystal clear water & sandbar but the swimmers itch has made us wanting to not go back(daughter gets it so bad had to go to ER).
Union Lake in commerce township!
Swimmers itch can be had in any inland lake in Michigan, I’ve gotten it in many many diff lakes, frequent application of sunscreen is all I have to say!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Union Lake in commerce township!
Swimmers itch can be had in any inland lake in Michigan, I’ve gotten it in many many diff lakes, frequent application of sunscreen is all I have to say!
Im guessing that swimmers itch is caused by minerals in the water?

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Crab Island and then took a wave over the bow in the Gulf of Mexico. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 179165View attachment 179166View attachment 179167View attachment 179168
I was in Destin in mid April and I think I might have video of you, thinking you were crazy heading into the Gulf. I was expecting exactly what you’ve shown in the pics here but if it was you, it took three attempts to be brave enough to go through the chop to get into the Gulf. Here’s a still from the video on April 14th, was it you?

DBAFC739-F54F-4699-992C-24ABEEA9FC0C.jpeg

Fakenewsrealhp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Parasites the grow in snails and are eaten by birds and some mammals who then transfer it to the water from poop. They burrow under your skin and die since you’re not a suitable host causing a rash.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Parasites the grow in snails and are eaten by birds and some mammals who then transfer it to the water from poop. They burrow under your skin and die since you’re not a suitable host causing a rash.
We tried everything through the years to help ourselves and some things worked on some of us but not so well on my daughter & myself. Would get it worse each year we went to the lake. The itching is as bad as the skeeters and bugs in Bimini. In all of the waters we’ve boated we’ve never had an issue like it except for Torch. Love the lake, hate the itch.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Makes sense… my friend got something like that in a clear water lake in Central America…. They got into his gut, grow, and would eventually crawl out of his bung hole… not pleasant to say the least. He had to take meds for a while to get rid of them.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score