• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Order placed!!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Who'd you speak to? And which location?
I’m assuming it is the Goldsboro location. Not sure who I spoke with, it was a text after I inquired on their website.
9C143974-E7F6-454D-905D-0C807C23C4FC.jpeg

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Rideitout

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Still haven’t ruled out finding something used. Not sure I want to play the games that others had to play last year.
Spoke with Hughes Marine in Danville VA today. They said 2 people were still on the list from last year so I would be the third. $500 deposit. Not refundable since I’m in North Carolina.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, no offense is intended here

I can only imagine running a dealership the last couple of years and all kinds of people calling and making deposits only to pull out later, and the dealer is left holding the bag. If I was running a dealership I’d be asking for a sizable deposit, a commitment if you will, and asking for a $6000-7000 deposit would show a level of commitment on the part of the customer.

If it was me and I really wanted the boat I’d be putting down that 10% deposit but I’d put in some sort of a performance clause like if the boat is not delivered by X date then buyer can opt out. When I bought my boat, I put down a $1000 deposit in March of 2020, the boat was on their lot, and I didn’t take delivery until July. I had a Solix and ulterra lined up to be added by them, about $8000 of extras. I kept asking them if they wanted more money and they told me no, the fact you are calling and asking us that question, which nobody does, shows us you are committed.

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
My dealer is charging $5500 freight for the FSH 222. It was $3000 on my 2022 FSH 210 order that was cancelled. They said that is what Yamaha is charging them to deliver the 222.
I don't understand that kind of number. I can get an entire lumber packege for a house delivered for a fraction of that. Which one do you think weighs more and takes up more space on a trailer?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m assuming it is the Goldsboro location. Not sure who I spoke with, it was a text after I inquired on their website.
View attachment 186583
It’s very possible that my deposit was less since I’m a repeat customer and have been in contact with the dealer about ordering a new boat for some time now. Can’t speak for who you’re dealing with, but I’ve been dealing with the same guy for over a year. Sold us our 1st boat and have nothing but great things to say about the experience and how they’ve taken care of me.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, no offense is intended here

I can only imagine running a dealership the last couple of years and all kinds of people calling and making deposits only to pull out later, and the dealer is left holding the bag. If I was running a dealership I’d be asking for a sizable deposit, a commitment if you will, and asking for a $6000-7000 deposit would show a level of commitment on the part of the customer.

If it was me and I really wanted the boat I’d be putting down that 10% deposit but I’d put in some sort of a performance clause like if the boat is not delivered by X date then buyer can opt out. When I bought my boat, I put down a $1000 deposit in March of 2020, the boat was on their lot, and I didn’t take delivery until July. I had a Solix and ulterra lined up to be added by them, about $8000 of extras. I kept asking them if they wanted more money and they told me no, the fact you are calling and asking us that question, which nobody does, shows us you are committed.
this was similar to my experience last year. kept having to roll back my delivery date in a boat they had already received.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't understand that kind of number. I can get an entire lumber packege for a house delivered for a fraction of that. Which one do you think weighs more and takes up more space on a trailer?
I agree. Its 668 miles from the factory to Ocean City, MD (assuming it was ordered it from the local Yamaha dealer.) Multiple boats get shipped on a single truck trailer. Seems to me someone (either the dealer or Yamaha) is being dishonest about the $5500 freight charge.

Jim

Ohio

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I agree. Its 668 miles from the factory to Ocean City, MD (assuming it was ordered it from the local Yamaha dealer.) Multiple boats get shipped on a single truck trailer. Seems to me someone (either the dealer or Yamaha) is being dishonest about the $5500 freight charge.

Jim
I guess they can charge it only because people are willing to pay it. And to your point, just raise the price of the boat, rather than make up a fake delivery charge.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As a fyi, the trucking industry and the rest of the logistical industry has been in a bit of a shambles the for over two years now, toss in diesel fuel going to almost $6 a gallon, and the lack of trucks / truck drivers along with truck parts unavailable just like these Yamaha boats and that creates a shortage of trucking capability, and thus the costs for everything has skyrocketed. My friends brother works in the logistical industry, planes, trains, trucks and ships and he has told us that the prices for freight delivery is beyond skyrocketed, what used to cost him $300-500 to ship now costs $5000-7500.

You are correct Ohio, there are people lined up to buy these new boats, just like there were people lined up to buy 4 & 5 year old boats for $10K more than what they were new. As long as there is a shortage of supplies in all aspects of this industry the prices will remain high. That trend may be reversing though, there was a report out last month that stated that the number of used boats sold was down 17% as well as the price of used boats dropping 18%.

Planned rollover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all, got my updated allocation for a 255FSH. Attaching the contract pricing for reference. Not sure if that dealer was lumping freight, dealer prep and the new surcharge to get that $5500…
DA9CD6A4-0A40-4AEF-8587-F0EB4C1BB9BF.jpeg

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What is the estimated OTD price?
Sorry, didn't get around to posting the OTD. Just under $74K with aluminum trailer, 5 year Y.E.S., dealer prep/frieght and Yamaha's stupid $1500 surcharge which pisses me off.

MWade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered 2023 255 FSH Sport E Seafoam Green on 9/7. Dealer says he's thinking March or early April. How realistic do you think this is?

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ordered 2023 255 FSH Sport E Seafoam Green on 9/7. Dealer says he's thinking March or early April. How realistic do you think this is?
Hard to say. Seems the 22 Model 255's were showing up in the summer. It's like they make them in batches, then switch to a different model. I'm hoping March-April for ours to arrive.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just noticed that Yamaha changed their website showing only the E model comes with the 9" Simrad setup. That's a bummer if that's the case. Getting harder to justify the price difference between the 220 and the 222 Sport. I had verified with my dealer when placing the order that it came with the Simrad unit and he confirmed.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m sure the simrad is a great unit, but if it was me I’d sell it then put in a Humminbird Solix or Apex unit so I could tie it in with their trolling motor and radar.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m sure the simrad is a great unit, but if it was me I’d sell it then put in a Humminbird Solix or Apex unit so I could tie it in with their trolling motor and radar.
Agreed, to me it's going to be throw away since it doesn't have the full ecosystem of either Humminbird/Lowrance/Garmin. They really should have gone with one of those big 3 for the versatility.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Agreed, to me it's going to be throw away since it doesn't have the full ecosystem of either Humminbird/Lowrance/Garmin. They really should have gone with one of those big 3 for the versatility.
I have a Garmin Echomap 94SV currently. Will most likely go with another one of those or maybe the larger version if it'll fit.

Loveair

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
PWC
My deposit is 1K
price $95,399
freight $2,550