• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I do not! How cool is that!

I do remember that there were model rockets that took the 110 film and would snap a single picture when the parachute deployed!

The Cannon & Minolta 35mm cameras not withstanding, as well as the auto loader lower end cameras the end of the evolutionary line were the disposable or single use cameras.
E59DF2CB-E3E7-4500-8124-20CB1D8044C0.jpeg

You could buy low light ones with higher speed film..

The big thing that happened with film cameras was the 1 hour photo developing as opposed to dropping it off at the grocery store and having to wait a week to get your picture! I have boxes and boxes of pictures that I need to go through. I need to scan them and get a few of those digital wall pictures that take a thumb drive and plays a slide show of scanned pictures.. lots of great memories there. I think I’ve put it off as I know while those pics from decades ago will bring smiles, there’s gonna be some tears and melancholy feelings for those loved ones long gone.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My Mom won one of these Kodak disc cameras as part of a McDonald's contest in 1982. Used the disc that came with the camera and never used it again!

1676906474599.png

Jim

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was a young’in my Mother had a camera like the one below that used individual flash bulbs…

View attachment 194623

And you had to wind the film into the camera from its light proof canister, then wind it back in after taking pictures.

I remember when the cartridge style film cameras came out…

View attachment 194625

The 110 size became the most popular and you could get the film in 100, 200, and 400 speed film to better suit the lighting conditions. These cameras all used the flash cube style flash bulb.

I still have my Minolta 110 underwater camera which had a shutter speed knob and a strobe flash..

View attachment 194626
I don't know if I should be ashamed to say that was called a "Brownie" by our family, as it says that I know what that thing is 😄

That's the kind that had you seeing spots for a minute or two, and watch that you don't burn yourself swapping out the flashbulb!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't know if I should be ashamed to say that was called a "Brownie" by our family, as it says that I know what that thing is 😄

That's the kind that had you seeing spots for a minute or two, and watch that you don't burn yourself swapping out the flashbulb!
We always called it Blue Dot syndrome. If I’m not mistaken those were threads of magnesium in those bulbs.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1676957131035.png

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1676957331719.png

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure if that guy should own power equipment…

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if that guy should own power equipment…
I'll forgive the "What's a stroke" ignorance. Maybe he legitimately didn't know or understand (Or know how to operate googel instead of posting the question online).

The moment I had like this is when pilots argued the plane wouldn't take off. Like, you're flying an object over public and private land and you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how it works.......Oof that one was a real eye opener in exactly how much people might or might not understand about the world around them.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll forgive the "What's a stroke" ignorance. Maybe he legitimately didn't know or understand (Or know how to operate googel instead of posting the question online).

The moment I had like this is when pilots argued the plane wouldn't take off. Like, you're flying an object over public and private land and you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how it works.......Oof that one was a real eye opener in exactly how much people might or might not understand about the world around them.

Thought of your post when I was trying to fine a garden hose make end cap / plug and saw this. Talk about understanding…

85053842-A86D-4B04-82FF-11E2EA28A6AC.jpeg