• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

Shade tree mechanics! Back when you could do a lot of repairs yourself and most cars lasted about 100,000 miles.

I was in high school in the mid-70’s and had a lot of friends with second and third-hand muscle cars, bought on the cheap. Many of the guys took apart their own engines, had them bored out and reassembled them, all in their backyard or parent’s garage.

Jim

For sure but for me it statrted with Cheech and Chong.

View attachment 227678

Things have come back around, to the point that this will make sense to many...I had all their albums, back when that was a thing 😄 Earache my eye got me a sit-down discussion with the parents. Seems I still turned out okay, that twitch has always been there!

I built my first chevy small block in my parents shed. Father wasn't too happy about the oil stains everywhere. But got it done regardless of the mess. I was 16

Sounds like your dad and mine coulda been friends! I wasn't allowed to park in the driveway (once they figured out I had bought a car) because of the stains my car would leave. Didn't do much serious tinkering until later, after moving out of the house. Best way to learn was helping out your buddy on HIS car. "Looks good from my house" was a thing!

Back